Deep Well / Drilling Comany & Costs

UmpaLumpa

Sorry, can't help for your area but in Buriram I have been quoted 3,800 Baht. It is likely that the guy will drill to 60 metres. I expect to pay circa 11,000 Baht in all to include a Lucky Star pump + piping.

CM may be totally different but this may provide a ballpark figure

Sorry, can't help for your area but in Buriram I have been quoted 3,800 Baht. It is likely that the guy will drill to 60 metres. I expect to pay circa 11,000 Baht in all to include a Lucky Star pump + piping.

In Hang Dong District, November 2010, 98 meters deep, 800 Thai baht per meter, 78,400 baht. That's just for drilling. I chose a closed, submersible pump system. Add to your costs: drill permit, water testing, submersible pump (in Thai: "samoet"), chlorine tank, filter tank, two storage tanks, and a pump. Total (including drilling) is about 191,000 Thai baht.

• Confused 1

I think the depth you need to go depends on your area. we went to 88m and they charged 850/m including the liner, slotted liner at the bottom to let in water, gravel packing and getting the well in production. We also went for a submersible pump (usa made) 18000 installed including control box and 3 yr guarantee.

in theory you have to put a meter on the outlet of the well and pay 3b/cu m. also you will still need some kind of filter media. we use the charcoal rice husks - costs us about 500b every 3 months to replace but we produce 30 cu m per day. we used the company at the top of chang puak after banja gas station and before the lights at the superhighway on the left

In Hang Dong District, November 2010, 98 meters deep, 800 Thai baht per meter, 78,400 baht. That's just for drilling. I chose a closed, submersible pump system. Add to your costs: drill permit, water testing, submersible pump (in Thai: "samoet"), chlorine tank, filter tank, two storage tanks, and a pump. Total (including drilling) is about 191,000 Thai baht.

so,as i understood, you need a permit for drilling deeper than 30m. how much dows it cost and how do you know if youre drilling more than 30?

also, what kind of water testing did you do and where?

so,as i understood, you need a permit for drilling deeper than 30m. how much dows it cost and how do you know if youre drilling more than 30?

My builder has just had a deep well drilled for us, went down 21 meters, cost 5,000 baht :(

Seems like some people are paying 10-20k and others are paying 100-150k

how is this possible??

1. Perhaps it depends on the type of soil and rocks etc, which then determines the type of driller to be used, mechanical or hand job such as used on mine :(

2. People just paying over the odds, thats why we asked our thai builder to arrange.

Hello I am also looking for a well company had a well drilled about 6 years ago just had some problems, company used before can;t contact does any one no of an outfit near Hau-Hin

or in Bangkok will do.

depends on whether the pump is surface mounted (narrow bore) or submersed (wide bore) I think we were around 100k, maybe less (70k) for 65m bore with submersible pump, tank, active charcoal filter, pump to house and all relative pipework and concrete platform...

I'm not aware of any permit required!

We don't have a meter on it either :whistling:

David

• 3 weeks later...

My builder has just had a deep well drilled for us, went down 21 meters, cost 5,000 baht :(

I am no expert and I don't know where you are - but, a friend told me that (locally) you need to go to 60 metres minimum to get clean water. In our area you can get water at 25m but it is saline.

On a separate point why would one use a submersible pump ? I am not sure what purpose this serves for drawing water from a deep well.

• Thanks 1

On a separate point why would one use a submersible pump ? I am not sure what purpose this serves for drawing water from a deep well.

It depends on the standing water level of the water in your well. A pump on the surface relies on suction and if the depth to the water level is over about 8 meters, it will not work. A submersible can be sized to be installed at any depth in your well and still pump water to surface.

• 8 years later...
On 11/17/2011 at 8:16 AM, Mekong Bob said:

So your well is 98 meters deep (321 feet deep)? That seems a little excessive to me. Why so deep?

On 12/3/2011 at 6:32 AM, cardholder said:

I am no expert and I don't know where you are - but, a friend told me that (locally) you need to go to 60 metres minimum to get clean water. In our area you can get water at 25m but it is saline.

All good information, thank you.