How Do You Say "Jumper Cables" In Thai...?

Forethat

The battery was dead in my car when I came back after a month abroad. Probably forgot to switch everything off. I need to buy a set of jumper cables, but I struggle to make myself understood. They bring me battery chargers, towlines etc. but not a jumper cable anywhere.

Does anyone know what the Thai word is for jumper cable?

What I did was to make a small drawing of 2 batteries clearly marked + and - and showed that.

A simple alternative and one I find the easiest is to Google what I want and print a photo and also go to Google Translate and print that on the other side.

It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes in Thailand it is true.

Nice to see a thread that people get a charge out of. :huh:

As a side note for those living in CM, we left the lights on at Maharaj Hospital on Suthep Road and ended up with a dead battery. A mechanic from the Be Quick service center right next to the gas station came and got us going again with his jumper cables. No fee but just a plea to use them next time we need an oil change.

Nice to see a thread that people get a charge out of. :huh:

As a side note for those living in CM, we left the lights on at Maharaj Hospital on Suthep Road and ended up with a dead battery. A mechanic from the Be Quick service center right next to the gas station came and got us going again with his jumper cables. No fee but just a plea to use them next time we need an oil change.

Good for the mention, you might drop a note to Haku to let him know, he has a vested interest in the service the staff there provide..