Road Wing

luckyluke

I saw a Road Wing in a shop in Pattaya, the picture is taken from the site I found later.

Is there a market for such a thing?

I like it very much and should buy one immediately, but I am afraid I will have difficulties to ride it, especially after a few Leo's, if there was a women model it will resolve my problem.

What do you think?

Site : http://www.roadwingbike.com/board-en/index.php?topic=621.0

post-39372-0-15839400-1321868118_thumb.j

I'd consider one if it was a little cheaper. Approximately 15k and I'd be swapping out the scooter I have for around town. One for the g/f's parents as well. Tank looks big enough for a litre of fuel which would give it a range of 50km plus however far you can pedal.

I'm imagining driving it up Doi Suthep and cycling down.

Would these be road legal in the UK?

I guess it would be too small an engine to have to be registered for road use here so would be legal after 10 large Leos, is that right?

I'd get one for a laugh but info is confusing some models show moped-like starting whereas pictures show chainsaw-like starting. I would need the moped type for ease of moving between one and the other.

Would also need to visit TYGA to get a pipe made!

Edited by VocalNeal

Yes but would it some how be a magnet for the boys in brown, seeing a Farang pop popping along past the police box , dam there goes another 500 Baht :D

The minute you see them just turn the engine off and start cycling :whistling:

I owned one as a kid but a slightly different configuration and they are a lot of fun!

You have keep in mind its just a toy and not meant for long distance touring so you could ride it down to the pub or 711 and if you get drunk then slowly cycle home. perfect

My Thai wife laughed at it and she says she'll keep her Suzuki. As for me, I'll keep my Yamaha Elegance. Fifty kilometers per liter isn't that great considering what it is.

I really don't think they will sell many of them because like my wife, people are waiting for one of the major motorcycle manufactures to come out with a dependable electric scooter.

Edited by Gary A

A pushbike with an engine. Concept has been around for donkeys years, but never proved popular.

In Holland now the ones with electric engines are really popular. You almost cant see that they are powered by an engine anymore. But you still have to peddle too. But its nice and relaxing then.

A pushbike with an engine. Concept has been around for donkeys years, but never proved popular.

Back in 1960 I had a 1950 something Cyclemaster and the insurance for a 15year old youth was 12 shillings and sixpence or 62 pence in new money.

It worked was all I can say but there were times when I had to pedal uphill as well as having the engine running.

As an attraction for pulling girlfriends it was a resounding no-no.

post-5614-0-96992000-1322207561_thumb.jp