Cheapest Golf Round In Bangkok

egeefay

OK there might be a few courses at that price -Mon - Fri only and after noon, however Ive no idea where they are. Also youve got to get to them, so with your caddy fee and your transport cost, thats your 400 baht gone right there. :D

http://www.thaigolfer.com/courses/review.phtml will give you a list of courses and their prices. Also there are a few Golf Clubs / Societys out here (Londoner / Wanderers / British Club) that do regular golf, if you are out here for a longer time, well worth joining

I would go the whole hog, spend 2500 baht and have a great game of golf, with great tips from your caddy, a few beers and a good meal. :o

Edited by Prudent_rabbit

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

might be a bit late on this one, but worth a mention.

For 900bhat (caddie is 200b) you can play night golf at Pinehurst, in Nonthaburi (taxi from Sukhumvit was 200bhat)

Great condition and a lovely setting - playing 18 holes under flood lights with a few Heinekin stubbies is a true joy and one that everyone should experience if in Bangkok.

For the purist, it's true that the light doesn't help your game any, but the temperature is great!

i think it closes at about midnight.

Definately worth paying a few extra bob for quality, although my budget means that anything more than 1500b is too steep...

Give it a go!

Jim

Muang Ake Vista is pretty cheap on certain days of the week. Would need to check ThaiGolfer.com for details, but i think the price drops to around 400 baht plus caddy. Even at its most expensive at weekends, it's only 1030 baht. It's also floodlit for night golf

I'm playing Krung Kavee on Sunday. After 12noon, the green fee drops to, i think 1400. Not bad for weekend golf.

Caddies are mandoraty in Thailand .

Go through the thaigolfer list and basicly all army/navy or airforce courses are cheap .

The airport course Kantarat is cheap , I think YHB 650.-/800.-include and you play between the runways.

Courses along Bang Na are expensive , but Rangsit/Klong Luang area is cheap

Contact all the courses for their Sportsday or low season promotion.

Enjoy your game and nightgolf is a nice alternative.

Unico.

BTW Please don't give caddies more than 100 baht tip. You make it worse for us who can't afford it. When I played at Unico, I gave the caddie(who was terrible) 70 baht tip. She asked for more! Of course i took it back and told her to f. off. Why should I give 100 baht tip when my wife works for 150 baht a day?

• 1 month later...

Royal Dusit Golf Course

This is in the center of Bangkok on the way to the Kings Palace.

Great little escape to get away from the madness of central BKK.

The course is waterlogged at the moment so give it a swerve for a month.

However the driving range is floodlit and it has a chipping area and a very good putting green.

The course is also floodlit over 9 holes so you can play till around 10.30.

Cost is 350bht midweek and 500 at weekend plus caddy tip which is 200 on average.

This course is tight with water in play on nearly every hole with small greens.

Will put your short game to the test.

Worth a visit when it drys out. :o

Interesting. I usually give 300 baht although I've given 500 at top places like Laem Chabang.

When I read Neeranam's 70 baht tip story I thought I was going too high, but am pleased not everyone here is a cheap charlie ;-)

Agree totally with Neeranam, some of us ain't high fliers where money is concerned!

• 2 weeks later...

As someone has already mentioned, Muang Ake Vista course, near Rangsit University is 400 baht for 18 holes Tuesday-Friday if you tee off before 11am. 610 baht in the afternoon. Pretty little course. A bit short(Par 70), some narrow fairways and lots of water, so it requires a bit of accuracy.

Also in Pakkret, near the intersection of Chaengwattana and Tivanon Roads, is the Royal Thai Irragation course. 400 baht for 18 holes mon-fri, and 500 baht at the weekend. That's a great price for the weekend, but it plays real slow. Several groups of six playing. Good during the week though.

There are only 9 holes, but on the back nine you tee from a slightly different area. Of course there are caddie fees and tips to be added on to these prices. Still those are two cheapest I know of, and they are better courses than you would think for that money.

Bangpakong Country Club, about 45 minutes drive from Bangkok on a good day, can be very good value, especially midweek when you can play for 700 baht plus caddy fee. The course was in good condition last time I played.

Last year it was 750 baht for 18 holes, caddy and a meal afterwards.

Best to ring to see what promotions they have running but get a Thai to do it if possible as their English is not that great.

Finally, check thaigolfguide.com and have a look at their discounts and promotions section to find which courses have special promotional days and afternoon rates. Note that the prices on this site are well out of date but it gives you an idea as to where has the best deals. Then ring them. Note that some of the promotional deals are for Thai golfers only!

• 2 weeks later...
Unico.

BTW Please don't give caddies more than 100 baht tip. You make it worse for us who can't afford it. When I played at Unico, I gave the caddie(who was terrible) 70 baht tip. She asked for more! Of course i took it back and told her to f. off. Why should I give 100 baht tip when my wife works for 150 baht a day?

If you cant afford a 200 baht tip you shouldnt be playing.

• Like 1

Buy one of www.mastergreens.com Golf One or Golf One Pluse Membership cards and you can play

in any of the 24 selected golf cources for a whole year for Absulutly free. :o

Interesting...have you used mastergreens a lot...any problems...we retire to BK soon and would probably be interested. We are actually members of Blue Sapphire, like the course..it keeps you fit..but is a long drive.

Thanks