Cheapest Golf Round In Bangkok

egeefay

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-09-03 10:38:23)

Unico.

BTW Please don't give caddies more than 100 baht tip. You make it worse for us who can't afford it. When I played at Unico, I gave the caddie(who was terrible) 70 baht tip. She asked for more! Of course i took it back and told her to f. off. Why should I give 100 baht tip when my wife works for 150 baht a day?

If you cant afford a 200 baht tip you shouldnt be playing.

<deleted>. No wonder some Thais think all farang have unlimited money when idiots like you are around.

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-09-03 10:38:23)

Unico.

BTW Please don't give caddies more than 100 baht tip. You make it worse for us who can't afford it. When I played at Unico, I gave the caddie(who was terrible) 70 baht tip. She asked for more! Of course i took it back and told her to f. off. Why should I give 100 baht tip when my wife works for 150 baht a day?

If you cant afford a 200 baht tip you shouldnt be playing.

<deleted>. No wonder some Thais think all farang have unlimited money when idiots like you are around.

For starters dont refer to me as an idiot. A bit rich coming from someone with your history.

Telling Caddies to f.off and not tipping them. Really charming stuff mate. It about sums up your character.

Please show some respect for the Caddies. They're just doing the best they can to make a living.

Does anyone else have any views on the appropriate tip?

Neeranam's stance can't, surely, be the common one, can it?

I'm pretty convinced that the Thai golfers give much more than that. The Japs are meant to be notoriously mean, but nothing new there.

I've played on several courses in Thailand and all of them had more or less the same policy; a 200 baht tip was expected on top of the caddie fee. Some places even have that written down. That's what I usually give. If the caddie was helpful, polite and was knowledgable about the course and distances then I give her 300. Unfortunatley I have had a few caddies that were useless and at times rude. I wasn't happy about having to tip them, but still did. Most golf courses are private clubs, so if you repeatedly stiff the caddies, they don't have to let you play.

For starters dont refer to me as an idiot. A bit rich coming from someone with your history.
What's that supposed to mean?

I'm sorry, but I think it's idiotic to pay just what the caddie tells you to pay.

If I play 9 holes, I carry the clubs myself now - too much hassle otherwise. Try learning to speak Thai and pretend you can't then you'll know exactly what the caddies think of farang who tip 200 baht.

Please show some respect for the Caddies. They're just doing the best they can to make a living
2 rounds at 200 baht tip from farang who don't know better plus their 200 baht from the club - 600 baht a day is a very good living. Get your head out your ****!
I've played on several courses in Thailand and all of them had more or less the same policy; a 200 baht tip was expected on top of the caddie fee.
And who told you this?
Unfortunatley I have had a few caddies that were useless and at times rude. I wasn't happy about having to tip them, but still did.
Why tip a rude caddie that gives bad service? This makes them think every time a farang comes along they can laugh at them and not do their job and still get a tip.
I'm pretty convinced that the Thai golfers give much more than that.

I'm sure that they don't - ask them. They might lie to you and say 200 baht as they would rather the caddie had the money.

Even my Thai friends who play at the most prestigious course in Bangkok don't give that much. They say about 50 baht is right. And I should give 200 baht at one of the worst courses, for a rude one!! Come on, wake up.

Well, I just asked several Thai guys in my office who usually play places like Krung Kavee or LamLukka, and they said they and their other Thai golfer friends usually tip 200-300, with the average being 250.

Not sure how that squares with the Neeranam's caddies' laughing at farang giving too high 200bt tips, but there you go . . .

I see some of the above post are polite and diplomatic concerning Neeranam's posts. Well I'll be a little less so. I don't know just what Neeranam' s beef is with Thai Caddies thinking so little of us foreign golfers. Most Thai golfers I know tip as much if not more than foreign golfers. So if you are interested in knowing more or less what to tip at your local course, then read some of the posts above. But don't pay any attention to that tightwad prick Neeranam who is more cocerned with stirring the pot than giving any real advice.

Have heard of specific Thai's never tipping or tipping 20baht.

At the weekend I made enquiries at the box office, asking how much to tip caddies and they said tipping was NOT necessary and that it was entirely up to me. They said if I did want to tip then 50 baht would be ample.

I don't know just what Neeranam' s beef is with Thai Caddies thinking so little of us foreign golfers.
How long have you been in Thailand JJ? You obviously haven't a clue about Thai culture. Or maybe you've been stuck in a tourist resort.

What's that supposed to mean?

I'm sorry, but I think it's idiotic to pay just what the caddie tells you to pay.

If I play 9 holes, I carry the clubs myself now - too much hassle otherwise. Try learning to speak Thai and pretend you can't then you'll know exactly what the caddies think of farang who tip 200 baht.

Please show some respect for the Caddies. They're just doing the best they can to make a living
2 rounds at 200 baht tip from farang who don't know better plus their 200 baht from the club - 600 baht a day is a very good living. Get your head out your ****!
I've played on several courses in Thailand and all of them had more or less the same policy; a 200 baht tip was expected on top of the caddie fee.
And who told you this?
Unfortunatley I have had a few caddies that were useless and at times rude. I wasn't happy about having to tip them, but still did.
Why tip a rude caddie that gives bad service? This makes them think every time a farang comes along they can laugh at them and not do their job and still get a tip.
I'm pretty convinced that the Thai golfers give much more than that.

I'm sure that they don't - ask them. They might lie to you and say 200 baht as they would rather the caddie had the money.

Even my Thai friends who play at the most prestigious course in Bangkok don't give that much. They say about 50 baht is right. And I should give 200 baht at one of the worst courses, for a rude one!! Come on, wake up.

You come on!!!

50 baht is absolute Bulls#it

I have played with both farangs and Thais, at both high end courses and run of the mill courses.

I would love to see your Thai friends give a caddy 50 baht at Thai Country club :o

200 is the norm for a course that is cheap to play. If she was really bad then 150, if really good then 300. Prestigious courses normally 500 baht.

You either do not play much golf Neerinam or you are playing Mini golf :D:D:D

At the R.B.S.C. in Bangkok the Caddy Fee for "A" Caddies is Baht 360 for 18 holes.

Most player - Thai and Farang - give a total of Baht 400, although admittedly some with regular Caddies pay far more.

Patrick

Edit:

Forgot to add - Green Fees for Members are Baht 50 per day (not per Round) which must qualify as the cheapest in Thailand.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Edit:

Forgot to add - Green Fees for Members are Baht 50 per day (not per Round) which must qualify as the cheapest in Thailand.

Patrick

Just curious, are non-members allowed to play? If so what is the green fee? :o

Non-members can play as Guests but must be accompanied by a Member; Green Fees for Guests are Baht 1,900 per 18 holes.

An individual may only be introduced as a Guest a maximum of 2 times per month.

Residents of Thailand - "irrespective of Visa Status" (to quote the rule) - may not be introduced as Guests. That also covers Thai Nationals who are not Members.

Patrick

At the R.B.S.C. in Bangkok the Caddy Fee for "A" Caddies is Baht 360 for 18 holes.

Most player - Thai and Farang - give a total of Baht 400

That's the club where my friends said that they give 50baht tip.

Residents of Thailand - "irrespective of Visa Status" (to quote the rule) - may not be introduced as Guests. That also covers Thai Nationals who are not Members.

They don't always enforce that rule.

I would love to see your Thai friends give a caddy 50 baht at Thai Country club

You ever played the RBSC? :o:D

I would love to see your Thai friends give a caddy 50 baht at Thai Country club

You ever played the RBSC? :o:D

Like I suspected, you are playing mini Golf :D:D

I was expecting that comment! :D

Yes, it's a short course - par 66 for 18 holes - but quite tight, and a fair bit of water around too so it can be challenging.

The main advantage is that it's in the middle of Bangkok - a welcome oasis in the city centre.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

They don't always enforce that rule.

Actually they do - quite strictly.

It's easy to prevent Thai non-members from playing - because obviously the Starters know all the Thai members.

It's more difficult for them to know the residential status of a Farang guest of course - although the Club Office is supposed to check before issuing the Green Fee receipt - and one or two may occasionally slip through the checks and be allowed to play. If you are later spotted as a Thai Resident however you will be asked to leave - and your Sponsor will get a rocket from the Golf Committee too.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Most of the group I play with in Pattaya generally tip anywhere from 300 to 500, depending on how good the caddy is.

Most of us are retired or semi-retired and have lived in thailand anywhere from 5 years to 30 years. We are not newbies, nor are we cheap. :o

Most of the group I play with in Pattaya generally tip anywhere from 300 to 500, depending on how good the caddy is.

If the caddie does two rounds a day, she gets about 1000 baht from people like you. Someone in 7/11 gets 200 and a degree-qualified teacher gets 250 baht.

Something wrong here don't you think? Why do girls go to pattaya to prostitute themselves - they should get a job as a caddie, screwing foriegn golfers.

If the caddie does two rounds a day, she gets about 1000 baht from people like you. Someone in 7/11 gets 200 and a degree-qualified teacher gets 250 baht.

Something wrong here don't you think? Why do girls go to pattaya to prostitute themselves - they should get a job as a caddie, screwing foriegn golfers.

You sound like a frustrated teacher.

First of all, as a regular golfer myself, you must understand that you are in a minority of ONE when you talk about giving a caddy less than 100 baht!!

Secondly most caddies at the larger courses do NOT go out more than once a day. Some of these courses have 00's of caddies, some do not even get out once per day.

If it is about affordability, then you should not be playing golf.

I wish I could set a video camera up, of when you arrive at the golf course. Those poor caddies are running for cover hoping that its not their turn :o

Why?
First of all, as a regular golfer myself, you must understand that you are in a minority of ONE when you talk about giving a caddy less than 100 baht!!

Secondly most caddies at the larger courses do NOT go out more than once a day. Some of these courses have 00's of caddies, some do not even get out once per day.

I wish I could set a video camera up, of when you arrive at the golf course. Those poor caddies are running for cover hoping that its not their turn

I've been playing golf for a long time in Thailand and know how much Thai people give - USUALLY not over 100 baht.

I regularly play with about 20 guys who work in a technical school in Khon Kaen.

These guys all get well less than 1000 baht a day. The course costs 240 baht for a round + 100 baht for the green fees and caddie. These guys normally tip about 50 baht. Are you saying they should give 300 baht tip? Are you saying they shouldn't be playing? Should the course be reserved for farang, tourist golfers who haven't a clue about the cost of living here?

Do you accept and encourage double pricing?

I wish I had a video camera of you walking into 7/11 - them all shouting yippee here comes that rich idiot throwing his money around. or do you not tip the staff there. Why not? Do you tip for a haircut? I suppose that all Thai people tip 200 baht for a haircut too.

Most farang I play with give 200 baht at the good courses in Thailand because they can afford it. It is a tip remember, not a requirement. Sometimes I pay 200 baht if I can afford it and the service is very good. Sometimes I can't afford it, but to say I shouldn't be playing is total <deleted>.

Edited by Neeranam

Using your somewhat twisted logic, I would think all those 7-11 employees and degree-qualified teachers might go to work at a golf course then.

They could walk that five miles in the heat for one round as well....when they can get one.

Perhaps they could walk that 10 miles to carry a double loop....when they could get one.

What makes you think these girls get a customer daily? When it rains, there aren't a lot of golfers around. The degree-qualified teachers still get their meager salary and the 7-11 employee still gets his 200.

If you want to be cheap, then be my guest. If, however, you want to give the caddy a decent tip for a hard days work, then, by all means, you may do so as well.

Just shows how ignorant you are. Most caddies would be lucky to get 1 gig every 3 days and for sitting in the queue all day and not getting a start they might get 30 baht. Average earnings for full time caddies are in the region of 4000-6000 baht per month.

Edited by COBBER

• 6 months later...

I wish I could set a video camera up, of when you arrive at the golf course. Those poor caddies are running for cover hoping that its not their turn :D

I could not agree w/ you more. Having traveling to Thailand every year (since 2000) to play golf, I know many caddie could not get a round in because there are not enough golfer @ their course. On top they are require to be there everyday to work. If they don't, simply they loose their job! at this time of the year (monsoon season) they still require to be there :o