Apartment Khon Kaen

Khun Bob

Hi

I'm looking for a small basic apartment in khon kaen city or in the very close outskirts. I'm budgeting at around 1000bt a month, plus water and elec. I'm not expecting anything special and if it has air con that is a bonus, but not essential.

If you know of anywhere ir have stayed somewhere like this, I would really like to hear from you.

Cheers

Hi

I'm looking for a small basic apartment in khon kaen city  or in the very close outskirts.  I'm budgeting at around 1000bt a month, plus water and elec.  I'm not expecting anything special and if it has air con that is a bonus, but not essential. 

If you know of anywhere ir have stayed somewhere like this, I would really like to hear from you.

Cheers

Hi Khun Bob,

You might want to post this on www.khonkaen.com

I haven't rented at home myself, though I think 1000bt a month would be a little optimistic?

Good luck

Paul

Hi

I'm looking for a small basic apartment in khon kaen city  or in the very close outskirts.  I'm budgeting at around 1000bt a month, plus water and elec.  I'm not expecting anything special and if it has air con that is a bonus, but not essential. 

Cheers

Khun Bob

If by apartment you mean 1 room + bathroom + a little verandah = I can recommend Klangmuang Mansion (043271345) it is right opposite Fairy Plaza which is a hop step and a jump from the night market and two hops and a step from the Sofitel & Kosa hotels. Cable TV, ADSL connection, a/con, good size fridge, modern and clean, undercover parking - 24 hr security - coin in the slot washing machines. I am sure there are more aruond the trouble in Khon Kaen is finding them most are word of mouth. Oh forgot min 3 months 5000 baht per month plus water & elec. Provide own linen etc- girls will do your room on request 100 baht when you want - we do our own and get the girls to go thru once a week.

Hope this helps.

cheapest i know of are at the Uni, 2500 per month 30sq meters no air.

for a 1000 per month you really are going to get the bottom of the barrel!

Thaipwriter - that is an understatement - bottom of the barrel - there is an old Thai guy who lives on the footpath opposite "erics bar" he may share his cardboard mattress & newspapers with Khun Bob.

Seriously unless you jag someone whose apartment is vacant for the month you will be lucky to get accomodation in a room in a village for 1000, I may be wrong I hope so for your sake.

I may have got my numbers wrong but something just doesnt add up here.

I know i can get a room in samut prakan for 700bt a month, i've read on TV it is possible to rent a house in isaan for 500bt a month. I've seen rooms for rent in bkk for 2000bt a month. I figure isaan is about half the price of bkk, hence 1000bt.

Maybe these prices are only available to thais - even talk to a few thais and they said in khorat can get a room for 1000+bt.

However on the kku website it does state 1500bt as a rough price for a room.

To be honest i dont mind paying more - but all i want is something basic so i can explore the area and maybe move onto some other place...

If anyone has some other apartment/room suggestions, would like to hear.

Cheers

PS Been in touch with Mr Roomfinder and he is working on expanding the database nationally but doesnt have any in KK yet...

I may have got my numbers wrong but something just doesnt add up here.

I know i can get a room in samut prakan for 700bt a month, i've read on TV it is possible to rent a house in isaan for 500bt a month.  I've seen rooms for rent in bkk for 2000bt a month.  I figure isaan is about half the price of bkk, hence 1000bt.

Bob do you have a reference to TV @ 500baht a month. 1000 baht in KKC even for a room would be very BASIC in capitals unless you bunk in with someone and split the costs.

Sorry I don't have something more positive but you may be on a mission impossible unless you up the ante to 3000+baht per month, then you are in the playing field.

I hope you prove me wrong and that is honest.

In Samut Prakan you can get a 700 baht room? I suppose you could rent from squatters under a bridge but I doubt living like that would be a pleasant experience. For 500 baht a month there are places available up country. Many of the residents have given up on raising buffalo so there are many empty pens.

There is this place - มิคเคิลนี่ เพลส (mickleny place)soi Adulyaram 7/ 2, not far from the uni.

It is 2500 baht and has internet and tv.

3000baht if you want air - you won't need it for a few months, and if you are on a tight budget forget it.

Are you looking for a room in a shared place?

As others have said, you won't get an apartment for 1000 baht.

SAmut Prakan for 700 baht - I wouldn't want to stay there. In fact I don't believe that you can get an aparment there for that price. I've lived in real shit ones around Bangkok for min. 3000.

But, I was offered a nice two-bedroomed house for 2000 baht a month about 5 km from the centre of KK. if you find a house - mate you could do it.

Thanks for the replies so far - maybe i shoudnt have used the word apartment and stuck to room...

I'm not looking for a room in a shared place - i dont want anyone else in the room with me !!

So long as it has elec, bathroom, water then that is fine - some furniture would be nice too - like a bed...

I dont mind living outside ok KK either if there are some basic houses available.

I have seen the room in samutprakan and it is basic but certainly liveable. I dont have the ref for the 500bt house on tv but there is the search button... Also i have seen people talk about renting decent rooms in bkk for 1800 - near victory monumet too.

I know the best thing is to do some foot work - did it myself and found most prices around 3000bt in laksi - i pay 3800 for a room now and it is a good location and the management are ok too.