El Sapo Salsa

bangsaenguy

That's strange because they just ordered a case of Picante about 1 week ago. Could it have sold out already?

Then again, the floods in BKK have disrupted shipments all over Thailand, as many of the shipping carriers' distribution centers are located in BKK. So everything goes there first before going elsewhere. Many of the centers have been or still are under water.

I'll have my wife follow up and review their inventory.

Thanks for the alert.

FWIW, when the stocks got low around BKK, the mild versions were always the ones left on the shelves...and the hottest variety was the one to disappear first...

Count my vote too for the hottest version!!!

Hi TallGuy,

Thanks for the info.... is this a regular occurrence?

FWIW, when the stocks got low around BKK, the mild versions were always the ones left on the shelves...and the hottest variety was the one to disappear first...

Count my vote too for the hottest version!!!

Hi TallGuy,

Thanks for the info.... is this a regular occurrence?

Dunno how to answer that exactly.

Before the flood, the Sukhumvit Villas where I shop usually did a pretty good job of keeping all three varieties in stock, although the hotter variety always seemed to have fewer jars on the shelf. I don't know if that's because they were ordering fewer, or just more people buying the hotter variety.

During the flood, first all the hot jars began to disappear, and then even the medium and mild ones began to disappear. Last time I shopped, there were just a few of the mild only, and none of the med or hot...

I'm out shopping again today, so I'll take a look to see if the stocking situation has changed.

Stopped by the Villa Market at Suk Soi 11 in BKK today... Loads of mild and medium jars in stock.

But not a single jar of the hot/picante variety to be found... again.... still....

Send more please!!! :)

According to the report we get, it seems the picante should be there now... maybe it got there just after you were there, or maybe it was still in the back room storage. Please check again.... if you dont see it on the shelf, please ask the floor manager to check in the back. This happens sometimes.

Again, thanks so much for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, went back to my local Villa Market yesterday looking to replenish my salsa supply....

They have three display rows on the shelf for El Sapo Salsa... one each for mild, medium and hot...

The hot and medium rows were entirely empty... And there was one measley jar of mild, which I bought reluctantly.

Per the suggestion above, asked the manager if they had any extra supply in the back... He checked and they didn't...

Not sure I understand why it's so difficult to keep a locally produced product regularly in stock...particularly now post floods...

BTW, I told the store manager, they ought to do a better job of stocking the product... Obviously people are buying it, otherwise the shelves wouldn't be routinely empty.

Well, went back to my local Villa Market yesterday looking to replenish my salsa supply....

They have three display rows on the shelf for El Sapo Salsa... one each for mild, medium and hot...

The hot and medium rows were entirely empty... And there was one measley jar of mild, which I bought reluctantly.

Per the suggestion above, asked the manager if they had any extra supply in the back... He checked and they didn't...

Not sure I understand why it's so difficult to keep a locally produced product regularly in stock...particularly now post floods...

BTW, I told the store manager, they ought to do a better job of stocking the product... Obviously people are buying it, otherwise the shelves wouldn't be routinely empty.

Hi TallGuy,

I will have my wife contact the manager there and request he/she increase the order qtys and request a PO out of cycle ASAP.

Your local branch is on Sukhumvit?

Which branch specifically is it?

Thanks.

Soi 11 is the branch I was posting on above.... Thanks very much....

No shortages of Danitas jars there... But none of yours.... sad.png

Your wife can tell the mgr there, who's a very nice lady, that your customers are COMPLAINING!!! wai.gif

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Soi 11 is the branch I was posting on above.... Thanks very much....

No shortages of Danitas jars there... But none of yours.... sad.png

Your wife can tell the mgr there, who's a very nice lady, that your customers are COMPLAINING!!! wai.gif

Great thanks... the wife is on it.

Hi TallGuy,

OK, well, seems something is wrong with their computer system.

My wife contacted the manager and told her about what you explained. The manager checked the system and it showed there were still about a case each (Jalapeno & Picante) in stock. So, the manager was satisfied there was no issue. End of story as far as she seemed to be concerned.

My wife had to plead and implore the manager to physically look on the shelf. Nothing was there. Doh! Still, the manager wanted to wait for the system to auto-generate a PO. What? She may be a nice lady, but my wife was not impressed (nor am I). Apparently she is a new manager there; the previous was a man who did a pretty good job, apparently.

When asked to at least have the data fixed in the system so (if all else fails) the system can auto-gen, she defered my wife to Purching Dept. Purchasing doesnt answer phone.

So, we're still trying to exract a PO and make sure the data is corrected.

Talk about living up to stereotypes...

Edited by NanaFoods

Hmm.... thanks for the update on that... No wonder they're seemingly perpetually out of stock for your product.... Their system is telling them they've got plenty...but the <deleted>' shelves are empty...

But one thing doesn't add up... The lady manager I know there has been there at Soi 11 for at least several years... and I know she's the boss at Soi 11. Now, whether she was the one your wife was talking with or if it was a different person there who perhaps handles ordering, I don't know...

But the lady I know isn't by any means new. And she's been invariably helpful to me, anytime I've needed anything... And has often offered to special order things for me... Since I'm a regular customer there and she's known me for a long time...

When I was there the other day, it was just after the New Year's holiday and I didn't see the lady manager I know in the store. So the person I checked with was a guy, and he looked in the computer. And I too dragged him over to the shelve to point out the empty stock. He said he'd point it out to his boss when she returned.

Just a question, when you do orders with Villa, is it with the company overall... or is it store by store individually. The reason I'm asking is... trying to gauge whether several of the other nearby Villas would also be empty if Soi 11 is.... or each one handles their orders separately and I might have better luck at a different locale... Thanks much.

Hmm.... thanks for the update on that... No wonder they're seemingly perpetually out of stock for your product.... Their system is telling them they've got plenty...but the <deleted>' shelves are empty...

But one thing doesn't add up... The lady manager I know there has been there at Soi 11 for at least several years... and I know she's the boss at Soi 11. Now, whether she was the one your wife was talking with or if it was a different person there who perhaps handles ordering, I don't know...

But the lady I know isn't by any means new. And she's been invariably helpful to me, anytime I've needed anything... And has often offered to special order things for me... Since I'm a regular customer there and she's known me for a long time...

When I was there the other day, it was just after the New Year's holiday and I didn't see the lady manager I know in the store. So the person I checked with was a guy, and he looked in the computer. And I too dragged him over to the shelve to point out the empty stock. He said he'd point it out to his boss when she returned.

Just a question, when you do orders with Villa, is it with the company overall... or is it store by store individually. The reason I'm asking is... trying to gauge whether several of the other nearby Villas would also be empty if Soi 11 is.... or each one handles their orders separately and I might have better luck at a different locale... Thanks much.

I was just going by what my wife informed me regarding the manager's newness.

I thought she said she spoke to the GenMgr...

Anyway, the stores order individually, but it all goes into a central computer system that generates POs once a month. They do have the liberty to manually order out of cycle in cases such as this. So, yes, a different locale may (or may not) be better stocked.

Checked out the smaller Villa Soi 2 yesterday. Unlike Soi 11, plenty of mild jars in stock...and a half dozen or so medium jars.... But ZERO of the spicy...

I couldn't quite tell their stocking plan there.... I saw what looked like only two product slots on the shelf....not three....

• 3 weeks later...

I went back by the Villa Suk Soi 11 the othe day, and to my pleasant surprise, they had fully restocked both the mild and medium varieties on the shelves... and had about a half shelve stock portion of the hot variety.

So I grabbed a couple of jars of the hot variety, and saw that the lady manager who I've known there for some years was on duty at the front. So I used the opportunity to talk with her about the product, and walked her over to the shelve display to show her what I was talking about, and to point out that (after my purchase) the hot variety was almost empty on the shelves again...

I don't think she'd ever seen or was familiar with the product before, from the way she looked at the jars and asked me what "picante" meant... But she certainly is familiar now... She doesn't do the ordering of course, since she's the top manager for the whole store... But I told her clearly, make sure you keep enough of the "picante" in stock. smile.png

I went back by the Villa Suk Soi 11 the othe day, and to my pleasant surprise, they had fully restocked both the mild and medium varieties on the shelves... and had about a half shelve stock portion of the hot variety.

So I grabbed a couple of jars of the hot variety, and saw that the lady manager who I've known there for some years was on duty at the front. So I used the opportunity to talk with her about the product, and walked her over to the shelve display to show her what I was talking about, and to point out that (after my purchase) the hot variety was almost empty on the shelves again...

I don't think she'd ever seen or was familiar with the product before, from the way she looked at the jars and asked me what "picante" meant... But she certainly is familiar now... She doesn't do the ordering of course, since she's the top manager for the whole store... But I told her clearly, make sure you keep enough of the "picante" in stock. smile.png

Wonderful, thanks so much for your diligence and facilitation.

Yeah, my wife said she mentioned to the manager that the Picante sells the best and to order more of it than the others - or something to that affect.

They just received their latest order only a week ago (that she waited for the regular auto-cycle instead of ordering right away out-of-cycle) - and now seems it's almost stock-out already....again.

Clearly they need to at least double or triple their order qty for Picante.

I'll get my wife on it again....

Thanks geatly !!

TallGuy,

OK, my wife spoke to the mgr... seems they had another case of Picante in the back, and so I am told, they have restocked the shelf. Hopefully it will be enough to last til next order cycle... but I am a still bit concerned if the first case went after only 1 week. Will be keeping an eye on it... thanks again for your feedback.

TallGuy,

OK, my wife spoke to the mgr... seems they had another case of Picante in the back, and so I am told, they have restocked the shelf. Hopefully it will be enough to last til next order cycle... but I am a still bit concerned if the first case went after only 1 week. Will be keeping an eye on it... thanks again for your feedback.

Soi 33 branch had a bunch, bought 4 jars today there! Again I will hint, how about a hotter version? Seem all the hot stuff sells over here and we love it hot!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Just an update re things at the Villa Suk Soi 11 branch...

About two weeks ago, I went there and there was ONE jar on the shelf... mild variety.... None of the hot and none of the medium... But they at least still had store product stickers showing all three varieties on the shelf.

Last night, I went back to the same store. NO El Sapo jars on the shelf at all. And now there was only ONE product sticker on the shelf for El Sapo salsa... and the other spaces had been re-stickered for other products... Tostitos, Danitas, etc.

Hi TallGuy,

Ambassador branch (Soi 11) online report says there are 13 picante, 13 jalapeno in stock. Odd both items indicate the same qty, though, so I wont discount a data error. Will follow up with them.

Still checking into what is the deal with soi 2 - I think that is Pluenchit, but I dont see it in their report. Maybe under another name... will need my wife to decipher.

Yes, the Soi 2 Villa is their Ploenchit branch...

As for Soi 11, I can't believe they have 13 and 13... As I mentioned above, before when they had no stock, at least they still had space and product stickers on the shelves for your three varieties...

On my most recent visit, you only had one product sticker on the shelve...with no product... And the adjoining shelve spaces had been given over to other salsa brands/products.