El Sapo Salsa

bangsaenguy

John,

Amazingly, Villa Ambassador (Suk soi 11) just placed an out-of-cycle order for 3 cases each Jalapeno and Picante. Will be shipping out ASAP.

Direct customer feedback (complaints) to management seem to get the most attention.

Many thanks for all your help!!

Can you give a general idea of when those might be arriving at the store? I'll make sure to swing by and try to pick up my share.

Plan to ship out Monday... it goes to the shippers central warehouse, then out to the store. NORMALLY... it would arrive Tues...Wed at latest. But with Songkran looming, shippers are rather busy with a surge of business before their holiday shutdown ... there could be a delay.

Hi John,

OK, we shipped out today... but not as expected.

Our normal shipper to Villa apparently is taking an early holiday... and are not taking anymore new items until after Songkran. Other carriers won't deliver to Villa (that's another story). So we arranged with one of those alternate carriers to take the shipment to my wife's uncle in BKK. He happens to be a taxi driver (and helped us with deliveries during the floods - another story). So he will delivery to Soi 11... well, I hope by Wed.

Yikes... quite a delivery chain story for Thailand...

No wonder the <deleted>' store shelves are half empty a good portion of the time... hit-the-fan.gif

But thanks for the update and info...

BTW, is there any way your company would/could sell a case direct to regular consumer customers in BKK???

Yikes... quite a delivery chain story for Thailand...

We may even have enough delivery stories for a chapter in a book.

No wonder the <deleted>' store shelves are half empty a good portion of the time... hit-the-fan.gif

But thanks for the update and info...

I noticed its not just our items... and not just Villa.

Other large chains have stores that can't seem to keep consistently and adequately stocked.

BTW, is there any way your company would/could sell a case direct to regular consumer customers in BKK???

As DeNiro said, "I heard t'ings..."

PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped ay Villa Pattaya a few times in the last couple of weeks. They had 2 jars of spicy and now none. Jalapeno has disappeared for weeks.

We just shipped them a case of Picante... they didnt order Jalapeno. The online inventory shows 5 bottles of Jalapeno in stock. Probably in error. Will have wife follow up with the mgr.

Thanks for the alert !!

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped ay Villa Pattaya a few times in the last couple of weeks. They had 2 jars of spicy and now none. Jalapeno has disappeared for weeks.

We just shipped them a case of Picante... they didnt order Jalapeno. The online inventory shows 5 bottles of Jalapeno in stock. Probably in error. Will have wife follow up with the mgr.

Thanks for the alert !!

My weekly salsa bitch:

Still no jalapeno. Your salsa is very good and I've gotten spoiled.

Thanks for the alert !!

My weekly salsa bitch:

Still no jalapeno. Your salsa is very good and I've gotten spoiled.

Sorry I didnt get back on this. My wife called the manager and according to my wife, she (the mgr) seemed unwilling to get her duff out of her seat and reconcile the physical inventory against the system data.

Will have my wife follow up again - but it always seem to have more weight if a customer actually complains to the mgr directly. They seem to take that a bit more seriously.

This lack of attention seems to be prevalent at Villa. I am thinking we need to arrange a meeting with headquarters to air our beefs about certain store managers and the continuous lack of care and recurrent stock-outs with our products.

Edited by NanaFoods

I'd certainly vouch for that as being a problem at Villa. The manager at my local branch knows me and did heed and listen to my complaints... But after that, it seems, her staff did little to change their poor stocking habit...

I'll be placing my order direct in the next couple days... Thanks! I'm giving up on Villa in that regard.

Tomatoes, some onion, cilantro, some chopped Thai chilies, garlic, salt and you will never go back, or at least you wont after you have made it a couple of times and got it down. Chopped tastes best to me for whatever reason, but if i'm lazy i use a blender. If it comes from a jar, i'm over it, but I grew up right next to Mexico so i'm spoiled.

Stopped in Villa Pattaya and asked for the manager. I explained what I wanted and she was very accommodating. She took my phone number, called me today to say she had ordered and would call when it arrived.

Interesting... we have not seen a recent PO for Jalapeno from Pattaya - not by fax, nor by their supplier web interface.

My closest Villa is the one on Ratchapruek. I see Danitas there all the time, but never El Sapo. Do they even order it?

I have to get it when I go to the one near Emporium. I get El Sapo, flank steak, Le Vendome heat and serve baguettes, and Miranda Root Beer, all of which we seem to only be able to get at that location.

I believe I'm seeing Mirinda root beer elsewhere, including Big C Rajadamri. And the Villa at Suk Soi 11 typically has both A&W and Mirinda Root Beer (which go very good with salsa, by the way... thumbsup.gif )

post-58284-0-41791400-1336717715_thumb.j

I believe I'm seeing Mirinda root beer elsewhere, including Big C Rajadamri. And the Villa at Suk Soi 11 typically has both A&W and Mirinda Root Beer (which go very good with salsa, by the way... thumbsup.gif )

post-58284-0-41791400-1336717715_thumb.j

I have only been to the Soi 11 Villa once as if I am downtown, I will hit the one near Emporium. So that one may have some of the things I buy at Villa.

And you are right about root beer. But I eat my Mexican food with Dr. Pepper (Diet or 10). Carnitas, guacamole, taco chips, salsa, and Diet Dr. Pepper! Can't beat it!

Villa Soi 11 regularly stocks Dr. Pepper cans, so I'd assume the one at Suk Soi 31 area does as well. The A&W Root Beer cans I've seen are cheap, locally priced and perhaps locally produced, whereas the Dr. Pepper is imported and a bit pricey for a can of flavored sugar water.

PM me.

Nana, just wanted to say, thanks for the case order of mixed salsas and pasta sauces... Everything arrived midday today in perfectly fine shape. Looking forward to trying some of the items I've never tried before.

It's a winner all the way around. I'm done with having to hunt from market to market looking for jars of the hot-variety salsa...only to find the shelves empty because the stores can't manage to properly maintain their inventory.

I'll certainly plan on being a repeat customer for case orders in the future. Cheers!

Villa Soi 11 regularly stocks Dr. Pepper cans, so I'd assume the one at Suk Soi 31 area does as well. The A&W Root Beer cans I've seen are cheap, locally priced and perhaps locally produced, whereas the Dr. Pepper is imported and a bit pricey for a can of flavored sugar water.

Except that I buy the Diet, so it is a bit pricey for a can of flavored "no-sugar" water. smile.png

Now as far as salsa goes, buying a jar of processed salsa is economically silly when you can make perfectly good fresh salsa at home. But I still buy it, and I buy El Sapo in particular. It tastes pretty good, but the convenience factor is what seals the deal for me. When am planning in advance tacos or something, I get all the ingredients, so i can make my own salsa if I desire. But when I get in the mood for huevos rancheros (actually, I scramble the eggs, so I guess they are not technically huevos rancheros), all I need are eggs in the fridge, maybe an onion, and my salsa-in-a-jar. If I want to make my salsa, I will invariably not have a fresh chili, cilantro, or some ingredient.

Convenience can be worth paying for, provided the price is reasonable and the product is good...

In my case, I'd rather focus on the end result dish I'm cooking, vs. taking the time to prepare a fresh salsa and then cooking the actual dish itself.

PM me.

Nana, just wanted to say, thanks for the case order of mixed salsas and pasta sauces... Everything arrived midday today in perfectly fine shape. Looking forward to trying some of the items I've never tried before.

It's a winner all the way around. I'm done with having to hunt from market to market looking for jars of the hot-variety salsa...only to find the shelves empty because the stores can't manage to properly maintain their inventory.

I'll certainly plan on being a repeat customer for case orders in the future. Cheers!

Glad all went well and thank you.

PM me.

Glad all went well and thank you.

Mine too, that was fast sevice and excellant packaging, I am in salsa Heaven!!! I will order again, as I make nachos and use a jar everyday!/