Sea Eagles Of Koh Lanta

grumpyoldman

White heads, large red wing spans, truly majestic cruisers.

They have nests in the pine trees by the beach and also on the higher hillsides.

Was at Noon's Sunset Viewpoint Restaurant across from Pimilai, and below was an eagle soaring & fishing over clear waters. Mesmerizing.

If indeed we do come back, Lord, book GOM a spot as a Lanta eagle.

Gorgeous post GOM : )

I love the sea eagles too. we see them here out the window cruising the channel in Saladan too, can watch them for ever....

Noon Viewpoint is a lovely spot to soak up Lanta scenery and get a good feed too. they did a great job with the construction.

I've definitely seem them too on Lanta and you're quite right, it's a very very relaxing and awe-inspiring experience just watching them soar.

I nearly always see them where Khlong Hin beach meets Kan Tiang Bay near the southern end of Lanta.

There's an excellent vantage point between the two bays there at Noon Lanta (noonlanta.com I think). It's a really really nice cafe and restaurant there (I'm in no way affiliated with them, I just came across their place by accident and was very impressed.)

I'm off to Lanta again in a week or two with visiting family and will also be staying on Koh Ngai for Xmas day.

It'll be about my 50th visit to Lanta I think and nearly everyone I take there says it's the pick of the tour of southern Thailand I give.

I simply love the place and its surrounding islands. Utterly beautiful and some of the best marine biology you can hope to come across. Koh Rok, Koh Kradan and all the other tiny islands that belong to Trang province are gorgeous too.

How I wish everyday that Lanta is never affected by tourist-associated diseases that affect Phuket, Ao Nang, Samui, et al. I already think it's over-developed and I think the only saving grace it has is that it takes 2 ferries to get there.

The govt have approved a bridge over to the island, but I can't see this actually being completed for another 20 years.

Nice to see someone else spotting the eagles! I thought I had them all to myself!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...