Images Of Pattaya

cdnvic

Artisan, I think you're pictures of Pattaya and Naklua back in the 60s are brilliant. What a world away from modern Pattaya. I wish I had been able to visit Pattaya when it was still like that. Sadly I wasn't even born then!!

Excellent pics anyway.

Anybody else got any old pics of Patti?

N@

Yeah, I'm with you Nathan, I wish I could've seen Thailand (not just Pattaya) circa 1970, or even 85~90. It's changed so much in just the time I've known it 2000~.

Artisan, I am so jealous! :o There are so few unexploited places left in the World now. Imagine what the (western) cast and crew of movies like The Man with the Golden Gun thought the first time they arrived in these locations!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Head south out of Pattaya on the main road and go past the Ambassador Hotel and the Marina. The main road climbs out of the urban area and there is turning to Nong Nooch on the left in a kilometer or so. It is clearly signposted so hard to miss.

Entry used to be 100 baht with an optional extra charge for a rather tacky elephant show. Now they charge a flat 400 baht with a ticket for the show. There is an area with various animals in cages which is also a little sad. But the gardens are lovely.

A few more photos here:

http://www.pbase.com/hughden/nong_noch_tropical_garden

• 2 weeks later...
Head south out of Pattaya on the main road and go past the Ambassador Hotel and the Marina. The main road climbs out of the urban area and there is turning to Nong Nooch on the left in a kilometer or so. It is clearly signposted so hard to miss.

Entry used to be 100 baht with an optional extra charge for a rather tacky elephant show. Now they charge a flat 400 baht with a ticket for the show. There is an area with various animals in cages which is also a little sad. But the gardens are lovely.

A few more photos here:

http://www.pbase.com/hughden/nong_noch_tropical_garden

Sorry Hughden, I didn't notice your reply on this thread until now. Thank you. There are some very nice photos of the gardens on the site you included. It definitely looks to be worth a visit.

Edited by tropo

• 5 weeks later...

yes great shame how its all changed

I was born at the wrong time I guess

first saw it 2001 and it was trashed then and even more now

golden age for travel ended in the 90,s in this area of the world I guess

your right sabaii therte are hardly any unexpolited places left in the entire world.

great shame how things end up.

I wonder if through this "progress" peoples lives in Pattaya are any better?

i doubt it very much.

Thats why i don't think i'll have Kids

this world thats left is no longer worth bringing them into

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A lightning storm over Koh Larn on 30/4/07

Thank you for the photo Hughden. An incredible picture ...what time was it taken?

Edit: Got the time from the file attributes as 20.49.......makes a great PC wallpaper.

Edited by Artisan

This was the same storm I think, although it was tailing off at the end ... taken from my balcony in J.B condo looking north toward P.Park. Was fiddling with my new camera - haven't quite got the hang of it....

post-30245-1178702583_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lightning shot was with a Canon 30D using a 70-200mm lens at 130mm. F8, ISO 200, 2 seconds exposure. Put the camera on a tripod and just kept pressing the shutter; some shots caught the lightning. most didn't! Took around 200 frames of which 10 were keepers.

Where: Balcony of my condo.

• 1 month later...

Just a few snaps from my last couple of monthly visits......

post-45228-1184505299_thumb.jpg

A Puffer Fish taken from the 'Yellow Submarine Trip'

post-45228-1184505581_thumb.jpg

The White Tigers at Khao Keow Open Zoo

post-45228-1184506183_thumb.jpg

post-45228-1184506450_thumb.jpg

Me, diving in the shark tank at Pattaya Underwater World - feeding time :o

post-45228-1184506991_thumb.jpg

Little bit of rain shouldn't stop you having fun......