I Need 2 Bottles Of Wine From Oz Before Thursday

jaapfries

Is there anyone flying from Australia into Bangkok before Thursday 01 Dec.)? ? ?

If you are and you are willing to bring over two (2) bottles of Oddfellows wine, I will meet you at the airport in Bangkok, buy you a cold beer and pay you the purchase-price of the wine TIMES 2 ! ! !

I urgently need these 2 bottles of wine for a special event and these are not available in Thailand.

1. Red Wine: Any Oddfellows Shiraz or Cabernet

2. White Wine: Any Oddfellows White

Thanks in advance for responding to this "odd" request.

Jaap/ Jomtien,Thailand

Sadly you are inciting a member to break the law, maximum allowed is 1 Litre of alcoholic beverage, the strength matters not.

If you can split it between two members then no problem.

Despite the dodgy legality, I'll leave this open, I like the odd vino collapso too :P

Sadly you are inciting a member to break the law, maximum allowed is 1 Litre of alcoholic beverage, the strength matters not.

Despite the dodgy legality, I'll leave this open, I like the odd vino collapso too :P

Ah, bring 2, bring 5, just declare and pay the duty on the excess. Not at all illegal, me thinks.

Mac

Ah, bring 2, bring 5, just declare and pay the duty on the excess. Not at all illegal, me thinks.

Mac

A bit off topic, but:

They have stopped importing my fav drink to LoS. Hence, I have thought of bringing in a case or so and pay the duty.

I have enquired about this at the customs main office in the terminal building at swampy three times or so.

Every time, they have told me in crystal clear terms that there is absolutely no way I can bring in more than 1 bottle,

approach the red sector, pay, and leave with the bottles.

If I want to do this I need an import license, arranged in advance.

Quite another thing is it if you just arrive with 2/3 bottles and talk to the guys in red sector smile and say you just have

some wine chances are good they will just smile back and wave you through.

Mac

Unfortunately there is no mechanism in place to pay duty on the excess, anything over the 2L allowance is confiscated :(

Probably best if any negotiations are carried out by PM.

Mac

Unfortunately there is no mechanism in place to pay duty on the excess, anything over the 2L allowance is confiscated :(

Do you honestly think the PM has time for this? After her daily manicures, pedicures, massages, hairstyling and shopping trips, is there really time for the PM to negotiate the import of wines too? Overtaxin' a PM in Thailand is not recommended.

Mac

Returned from Langkawi with 6 bottles of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, declared it, waved through with a smile. :D

Returned from Langkawi with 6 bottles of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, declared it, waved through with a smile. :D

Was this at Suvarnabhumi?

Whilst I'm pleased that you didn't loose your wine I don't think I will be relying on the good nature of the customs officer, perhaps he didn't like / need any Sauvignon Blanc :)

Mac

Do you honestly think the PM has time for this? After her daily manicures, pedicures, massages, hairstyling and shopping trips, is there really time for the PM to negotiate the import of wines too? Overtaxin' a PM in Thailand is not recommended.

Perhaps it was Aussie wine that gave her the 2 Bob bits !

(Just to re-iterate Crossy's first post - not #7 post - the allowance is ONE litre of any alcohol)

Edited by cardholder