webfact

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

insists move complies with ministerial regulations

Ministerial regulations as in regulations relating to ministers ?

I guess the law is whatever they decide it is, at any time it suits them.

There is a storm coming....

YES

coming? --- more true, continuing, continuing Gang warfare.

It is normal for authorities in any country to take a citizen's passport to prevent them from travelling if they are deemed a 'flight risk', to avoid a police or taxation investigation, court proceedings, a prison term etcetera. Cancelling a passport does not remove a person's citizenship, it merely prevents him/her from travelling under the authority of the citizen 's government. This practice is common to all major western democracies.

However, most western democracies would seek to extradite a convicted criminal. The fugitive in this case, whether his conviction was or was not politically motivated remains a criminal according to the courts of his homeland. But, not just a criminal.....a criminal without the guts to face justice. And, we are led to believe he is the defacto Prime Minister......All people get the government they deserve!

+1

Is that the correct way to vote on a post? Sorry I've not done that before......anyway Dave9000 well said...

The previous administration whilst saying they wanted to get the former fugitive PM back to face justice was that really the case? For him to have been extradited or whatever to get him back to face the music would also have opened a pandoras box, something of a poisoned chalice, like to get him back but a different problem if we get him back. The only thing that has changed is the government. He did not come back before, will he come back now? Would you? I dont think he will if he values his life. If I am wrong and he does then I see only two options civil war or a military coup neither of which is something to look forward to.

I'm glad he's coming back. You don't like it..leave. It's not your business or concern anyway and it certainly isn't your country of birth.

Oh dear here we go again with the curtail freedom of speech people.....WHATS UP GOT NOTHING BETTER TO SAY......

He did not come back before, will he come back now? Would you? I dont think he will if he values his life. If I am wrong and he does then I see only two options civil war or a military coup neither of which is something to look forward to.

I wouldn't want to be one of his bodyguards! Talk about a high risk of losing your life position......

And this move is going to help the reconciliation movement HOWW??????.

Reconciliation was never on the Phua Thai party's agenda. They just used this word to pacify the red thug mob to get support. And these idiots fell for it. Same for democracy, never on their agenda. Remember when Thaksin said "democracy is not my goal"? Remember the PTP election slogan "Thaksin thinks Phua Thai does"? They are champions of liars and fake democracy, red democracy consisting of among other things pulling people out of cars and beating them to a pulp because they support the opposition. Setting up road blocks, stopping and searching cars, burning down city halls, you get my point.

Not limited to the red camp though, all sides are exactly the same.

Yellow democracy showed the way forward and brought the military out of their barracks. And don't start with "the reds were worse" nonsense, it's all semantics.

Sir I made no reference to who was "worse" or start with any nonsence. I just stated a fact. Maybe you should read the post more carefully.

From the article above, surely if he did return, would he not automatically be arrested, having fled the country previously and serve the outstanding jail term of 2 years then be tried further on the outstanding criminal cases against him?

I understand TITs ... but surely this could not be allowed?

Well, in the case of Thaksin its certainly, and of course merely coincidental, that the National Poliece Chief is his brother in law, appointed by her sister's government. And now his cousin is going to give him this New Years present.

By the way, isn't the FM saying that he will (again) be helping Thaksin, a convicted fugitive? I though that is against the law.

From the article above, surely if he did return, would he not automatically be arrested, having fled the country previously and serve the outstanding jail term of 2 years then be tried further on the outstanding criminal cases against him?

Well, in the case of Thaksin its fortunate for his prospects of not being arrested on arrival that the National Poliece Chief is his brother in law, and of course merely coincidentally, appointed by her sister's government. And now his cousin is going to give him this New Years present.

By the way, isn't the FM saying that he will (again) be helping Thaksin, a convicted fugitive? I though that is against the law.

Edited by AleG

Well, in the case of Thaksin its certainly, and of course merely coincidental, that the National Poliece Chief is his brother in law, appointed by her sister's government. And now his cousin is going to give him this New Years present.

The Democrats told us the Thai justice system is the best in the World. laugh.gif

I'm glad he's coming back. You don't like it..leave. It's not your business or concern anyway and it certainly isn't your country of birth.

Oh dear here we go again with the curtail freedom of speech people.....

red shirt democracy

Edited by Buchholz

Well, although what I say and do have absolutely no impact with the Thais on what will actually happen within Thailand, I do live here permanently and have a business here also, so sorry, it is my business and it is my concern.

Oh dear here we go again with the curtail freedom of speech people.....WHATS UP GOT NOTHING BETTER TO SAY......

Freedon4life- ironic name.ermm.gif

They should have done this long ago, no country should deprive their citizens from their nationality , ID or passport cuz governments easily could use this as a political weapon , that's why i don't understand how so many countries call themselves democracies and still they have this kind of laws. :jap:

Sorry I think you got this wrong. Country's withheld passports from convicts or suspects so they cant leave and escape a trial for example. Nothing to do with citizenship.

I think he still is a Thai citizen, If he dident changed it, to Montenegro to get a new passport?

Some country's accept dual nationalities but not dual Passports. You should only be able to travel under one passport legally.

This games of politics and address towards an non elected citizen, who seems to be in part of everything this government is doing, raise many question marks and miss-beliefs in their agendas.

Why should he have a passport? He should be here face the end trial and serve his time, Not travelling, thats the whole point of revoking a passport, to make it difficult to escape the law.

Thailand to give former PM new passport

Thailand says it will issue a passport for its fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra "very soon".

He was stripped of his passport by the previous government but received citizenship from Montenegro last year, allowing him to travel internationally.

Thailand's Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul says there had been no official orders to seize Thaksin's passport when it was cancelled. "So I will use my authority to do whatever is not illegal under the regulations of the ministry to give the passport to ex-premier Thaksin," he said.

Continues:

http://australianetworknews.com/stories/201112/3382346.htm?desktop

ABC - Dec. 2, 2011

And this move is going to help the reconciliation movement HOWW??????.

Reconciliation was never on the Phua Thai party's agenda. They just used this word to pacify the red thug mob to get support. And these idiots fell for it. Same for democracy, never on their agenda. Remember when Thaksin said "democracy is not my goal"? Remember the PTP election slogan "Thaksin thinks Phua Thai does"? They are champions of liars and fake democracy, red democracy consisting of among other things pulling people out of cars and beating them to a pulp because they support the opposition. Setting up road blocks, stopping and searching cars, burning down city halls, you get my point.

Not limited to the red camp though, all sides are exactly the same.

Yellow democracy showed the way forward and brought the military out of their barracks. And don't start with "the reds were worse" nonsense, it's all semantics.

Semantics well yes and no from my experiences. Riding to work for months through the yellow shirts was only ever greeted with the utmost kindness and respect. Tick the clock forward to the days of the Reds and i was constantly blocked, jostled and threatened by thugs wielding pick handles and dark shirt youths with bandanas over their faces. Just on that small personal level I saw a large difference between the two mobs.

The Democrats told us the Thai justice system is the best in the World. laugh.gif

....and this government is doing a good job of confirming that so it seems.

Are you kidding me? First they give him passport to enter the country legally, then they will surely get him pardoned.He will never sit one day in jail.

They control the govt, so they can legislate new laws to supercede the old ones.

They should have done this long ago, no country should deprive their citizens from their nationality , ID or passport cuz governments easily could use this as a political weapon , that's why i don't understand how so many countries call themselves democracies and still they have this kind of laws. :jap:

Why are we discussing this? It is up to the Thais what the want. This forum has been 95% dead wrong and so far out of tough what the Thais want.

Yes indeed, you r so dam_n right!!!

And exactly how many posts have you made on this topic so far....about a dozen I'd reckon..most of it unsubstantiated

I really will not waste my time with you. Since i've been in this forum, must of time, the most of the posters have been so dam_n wrong about almost anything relating with Thai politics that i've arrive to the conclusion that there is not point in debating with you, so you all have a good day i'll go back to my reading , an excellent book: "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov whistling.gif

His sister Yingluck is now premier
Foreign Minister Surapong ... is Thaksin's cousin

Nepotism is alive and doing well in Thailand.....

And the Justice Minister and Chief of Police are relatives too. But they all got their jobs through talent and hard work. Give them a chance.

Edited by Crushdepth

No he just sounds like a racist. And he might be one. So if he wants Thaksin back, let him have him back. All the foreigner should leave so they can have their corrupt ex-PM start to run things again, and hes right, its his business if he wants a corrupt criminal back to run the country.

Honestly, look back 10 years, how many govts has there been???????? Maybe parliamentary democracy just doesnt work well in south east asia. Perhaps the best solution would be to dissolve the parliament and let the original government be reestablished. There are many different color shirts and ideas , but one idea that seems to unite the people is their love for the leader of the original government and how they greatly respect his family. Perhaps that is the best thing after all.:jap: :jap: :jap:

Edited by timberboy

"I really will not waste my time with you. Since i've been in this forum, must of time, the most of the posters have been so dam_n wrong about almost anything relating with Thai politics that i've arrive to the conclusion that there is not point in debating with you, so you all have a good day i'll go back to my reading , an excellent book: "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov whistling.gif "

Uhm... most of those 'dam_n wrong' posts appear to have your name on them, mate.jap.gif

Well, in the case of Thaksin its fortunate for his prospects of not being arrested on arrival that the National Poliece Chief is his brother in law, and of course merely coincidentally, appointed by her sister's government. And now his cousin is going to give him this New Years present.

Whose law? The newly elected government can push to change or make a new law. They were suggesting an amnesty, and i be that is their idea. Just doing it slowly.

3 questions need to be answered.

In the land deal Thaksin's wife Potjaman was forced to sell back the land. She received 5% interest for each year she had owned the land. Property prices in Bangkok had risen by many more multiples as elsewhere in the world.

Who now owns that land?

In the assets sezure

£1 billion was seized of Thaksin's assets.

Who received this money?

The 2 year prison sentence was designed to get Thaksin to flee. He was not allowed a right of appeal by the coup apponted court.

The assets were then seized in his absence. The intended purpose to cripple the grassroots opposition.

As regards the passport.

No international warrant was ever issued for Thaksin's arrest. Despite the claims of the democrats they never sought an arrest warrant with interpol.

So they cancelled his passport.

We know from Wikileak that leader of the Privy Council Prem told John, the american ambassador, that should Thaksin return there is a $10000 contract out on his life.

Who has paid for this contract?

I think all the actors in this will eventually be unmasked.

Example: Remember Army commander Colonel Wanchai Paungkhumsa, the colonel who besieged the Krue Sae mosque and then killed all the insurgents.

Krue Sae Mosque Incident (from Wikipedia)

Main article: South Thailand insurgency On 28 April 2004, during a period of insurgency by Islamic nationalists in the southernmost provinces, 32 suspected guerrillas took shelter in the mosque. After a 7 hour stand-off with Thai military personnel, they were attacked and killed, along with about 80 others.[2] The attack was made in contradiction of orders from the Minister of Defence to end the confrontation peacefully, and has been the subject of an international inquiry, which concluded the military had used excessive force.

who was then implicated through his driver, arrested with the car full of explosives awaiting Thaksin's cavalcade.

Under the democrats the thai police revised their testimony to claim there were no detonators in the car so the explosives could not nor never be detonated.

The same colonel accused of complicity in the 2006 bombings in Bangkok. One eye witness in Bangkok saw grenade thrown from walkway bridge.

Thaksin supporters initially blamed. Then it was moslems from the south.

Next day in Chaing Mai caretaker in mosque saw man lob grenade into mosque injuring said caretaker. Police accused caretaker of blowing himself up with home-made bomb.

Moslem community were up in arms that a moslem would build bomb in a mosque.

To date no charges have been pressed . Unsolved bombings as are the bombings last year during the redshirt protesta at the democracy monument which were used as a pretext for the resulting state of emergency and lethal use of force.