Dpf Filter

The diesel particle filter can be taken out but you will have to have the ECM ( ECU ) re-programmed for the warning light to stay off and to stop the ECM from entering limp mode.

Wish l knew about this stuff. :(

My Vigo was getting on for 6 yr but there was no trouble with DPF but I believe they can be trouble if fitted on older diesel engine designs, they are just do the same sort of job as a catalytic converter on petrol engine, green stuff you know !! :D

The diesel particle filter can be taken out but you will have to have the ECM ( ECU ) re-programmed for the warning light to stay off and to stop the ECM from entering limp mode.

My Vigo was getting on for 6 yr but there was no trouble with DPF but I believe they can be trouble if fitted on older diesel engine designs, they are just do the same sort of job as a catalytic converter on petrol engine, green stuff you know !! :D

The reason you had no DPF trouble with your Vigo is not to do with Toyota's reliability, but quite a lot to do with the fact it does not have one!biggrin.gif

Edited by Woodsie888

:huh:

The reason you had no DPF trouble with your Vigo is not to do with Toyota's reliability, but quite a lot to do with the fact it does not have one!biggrin.gif

:huh:

2.7 has a cat.:P

Edited by Kwasaki

And so to the diesels - a particulate filter is not the same thing as a catalytic converter though ;)

I was always led to believe that because of being sold in America and Europe also knew that Thailand was getting more strict on emissions.

My friend garage owner in England I remember told me that there not the same but still clean up some of the exhaust emissions.

He use to collect cars from a lot of people especially living near pikey camps ( Travelers / Gipsy's ) that found there cars all of a sudden very noisy, electric wire damage and sometimes fuel line damage if they had had a full tank at the time.:lol:post-87530-0-79148300-1322971560_thumb.j

Edited by Kwasaki

And so to the diesels - a particulate filter is not the same thing as a catalytic converter though ;)

I was always led to believe that because of being sold in America and Europe also knew that Thailand was getting more strict on emissions.

My friend garage owner in England I remember told me that there not the same but still clean up some of the exhaust emissions.

He use to collect cars from a lot of people especially living near pikey camps ( Travelers / Gipsy's ) that found there cars all of a sudden very noisy, electric wire damage and sometimes fuel line damage if they had had a full tank at the time.:lol:post-87530-0-79148300-1322971560_thumb.j

You are correct, it is a cat. But in your original post you stated you had no trouble with the DPF on your VIGO in "getting on for 6 years". As MRO mentioned quite correctly, a cat and Diesel Particulate Filter are two entirely different devices.

Edited by Woodsie888

You are correct, it is a cat. But in your original post you stated you had no trouble with the DPF on your VIGO in "getting on for 6 years". As MRO mentioned quite correctly, a cat and Diesel Particulate Filter are two entirely different devices.

Yeah !! I thought that they referred to DPF's as " cats " anyhow.

I had a read up and they say that America in 2007 require diesel vehicle to have a

" cat " and a DPF so I guess they have got a better system design by now and maybe the original OP has the old system.

But he still has to remap the ECM if he get's shot of it.:D

Edited by Kwasaki

Postman Pat had a Black and White Cat...biggrin.gif

Yeah !! :D Think I hear what you are saying !! but at the end of the day " catalysis " is something that accelerate's a chemical reaction of a catalyst so for me whether it's diesel or petrol you can call it whatever you bloody like.:lol:

Edited by Kwasaki