University Teaching / Assisting Setting Up Program

c18gmr

Hi all,

I've got a job in a government university and have been sent an invention letter plus a letter (in thai) to my local consulate requesting a visa. They also send a link to a website stating I require a police check http://thaiembassyuk....uk/?q=node/52. I have been working in UK universities where you don't require CRB checks and individuals can not apply for them as you work with over 18's. The basic police check takes 40 days and we (me and my fiancé) fly out on the 16th Jan.

My question is with the invention letter and visa request letter (on government paper) be enough to gain a visa (non-imm B )? or will I need a police check ( a basic one can be obtained in 10 days)

Edited by c18gmr

Please excuse my ignorance but what is an 'invention' letter?

btw - A basic disclosure takes about 10 days, which should be sufficient for your needs.

A UK-based teaching position would require an enhanced disclosure which can take a month or longer.

Use Hull or another consulate do not use London. The others are more accommodating.

Just read Hull, they want one too. I would apply to get the police check done, then come here on a Tourist Visa, then apply for a Work Permit, get the WP3 at this time the Police check would have been completed and you can apply in a neighboring country.

Maybe the consulates around here do not need the Police Check, take a look at some of the requirements of the consulates in the local area.

Edited by beano2274

thanks for most of the replies, I emailed Hull with my invitation letter and letter to the consulate and there happy to process the visa with the originals once they arrive, I have also applied for a basic CRB as its prob best to have one