Chiang Rai Flower Festival

pomchop

Nice work with the photo's scea, although a few

of the locals wouldn't have gone astray smile.png

I see you have a photo of the green house there.

I thought it was quite impressive.

Speaking of impressive, the Le Merdien food stall.

Purchased a few bags of their cookies......delightful.

Regards

Will

Yes, the rotating houses were unusual.

Here's some locals, looking a bit surly... must have been the "cold".

And some Akha girls waiting to dance at the school recently.

6600719751_a53806cc52_z.jpg

6600656047_ff5289effc_z.jpg

Great show.

It took us two visits to even get to the flowers with so many (better quality than normal) OTOP stalls and food to pass through first but I am glad we returned specifically for the flowers.

Forgive my ignorance, but what happens to the flowers/gardens after the flower show?

Many of the flowers and plants are "planted" in their pots, they can then be dug up.. and resold I suppose.....

If I ever post anything you like let me know and I'll email them to you at the original resolution, I use the Shrinkpic program to post on this type of forum which makes them a lot easier to handle but lowers the quality if anyone wants to reproduce them.

• 9 months later...

I've heard rumours that the Chiang Rai Flower Festival 2012-2013 will end January 4. Is this correct?

I would love to visit the festival but it seems I'll arrive in CR early on the January 4 so I'm not sure that I'll have time to visit the festival.

If someone have more information about the 2013 festival, time and location, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks smile.png.

Edited by Zephyr750C

I've heard rumours that the Chiang Rai Flower Festival 2012-2013 will end January 4. Is this correct?

I would love to visit the festival but it seems I'll arrive in CR early on the January 4 so I'm not sure that I'll have time to visit the festival.

If someone have more information about the 2013 festival, time and location, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks smile.png.

Although it is nice to experience the crowds and excitement during the main dates you can still walk around the venue for sometime after the published dates. The flowers may not be at their peak but it is still a nice place to visit and it is much more peaceful after the crowds have gone.smile.png

Ok villagefarang, thak you so much for your reply. I'll try to find my way there and go for a walk. I think I'll have a lot of spare time during my visit to CR so I must find nice things to do so I don't get bored. saai.gif

• Like 1

Thanks smile.png.

Although it is nice to experience the crowds and excitement during the main dates you can still walk around the venue for sometime after the published dates. The flowers may not be at their peak but it is still a nice place to visit and it is much more peaceful after the crowds have gone.smile.png

Ok villagefarang, thak you so much for your reply. I'll try to find my way there and go for a walk. I think I'll have a lot of spare time during my visit to CR so I must find nice things to do so I don't get bored. saai.gif

We attended the flower show Jan 2012 and loved the displays. The orchids were so beautiful. I love orchids and have many growing at our home. The only downside was that when we returned to our vehicle we found that we were parked in by another car. Luckily the rear door was not locked. I have learnt my lesson. We will attend again this year.