French Girls Rescued From Phuket Red Light District

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Thai authorities really care about this issue of minors entering the country and ending up in the seedy district of Phuket, they should first ascertain how, where they entered Thailand and who helped them. Other than that the same situation could and will happen again. These are minors! How can they live in this country, far away from France and Morocco, without any help from people in Thailand?

This case stinks to high heavens. But I know that the simplistic minds (as one poster already alerted) will only feel good that these girls have been rescued. Yes, that is good but... you get my drift.

The story is not clear, facts are missing.

Anyway, the French girls could not been cared for by her Mam, who was long time dead and not by their father, who was in prison or just not cared them,

probably put them in care of some Thai people who used them as working girls for who knows what!?

The girls are probably, from darker skin so could be mistaken for Asia people without great notice from authorities, expats or tourists.

The Grandma in France or Marrocco asked now the French authorities to look for the French girls. With photos the Volunteers could identify the girls.

Good!smile.gif

No reason for hefty discussions in that thread.

That children run around until morning threw Soi Bangla and Rathutith road is normal, so dark skinned girls can easy go unnoticed!

-CHOOKA-

asked where Kathu is, the place from where the friends should come from to pick them up,

Kathu is just 5-6 km away from Patong over a steep hill.

Patong belongs to Kathu. (Amphoe)

Alfredo - in the moment and since 5 weeks in Patong. Regardsjap.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

The story is not clear, facts are missing.

Anyway, the French girls could not been cared for by her Mam, who was long time dead and not by their father, who was in prison or just not cared them,

probably put them in care of some Thai people who used same as working girls for who knows what!?

The girls could be from darker skin so could be mistaken for Asia people without great notice from authorities or tourists., expats.

The Grandma in France or Marrocco asked now the French authorities to look for the French girls. With photos the Volunteers could identify the girls.

Good!smile.gif

No reason to hefty discussions in that thread.

That children run around until morning threw Soi Bangla and Rathutith road is normal, so dark skinned girls can easy go unnoticed!

One poster asked where Kathu is, the place where the friends from that should pick them up, Kathu is just 5-6 km away from Patong over a steep hill.

Patong belongs to Kathu. (Amphoe)

Good post.

don't forget that these kids have apparently been living on the streets for 8 WEEKS - and nobody noticed???????

I believe the OP says 8 Months not 2 months. Someone must have noticed them on the streets and it is a wonder that nobody contacted the police about 2 homeless farangs months ago.

It is a tired and sick old world when nobody cares.

Moroccan girls will not look farang, so they would have blended in well. So the volunteer who spotted them must have good eyes.

The story of how they got from Morocco, or France, would be an interesting trail to follow. Were they trafficked or were they here with their father who was then arrested? If the latter then the police were remiss in dealing with the situation.

I don't understand how the girls got to Phuket in the first place...

Indeed the good question to be asked... How could they, aged 11 and 12, end up in Phuket while their father would be in jail and their mother deceased years ago? And..."alone" on the streets for some 8 months? This stinks...

Agree, something is not quite right here. This whole affair needs looking into as Pisico says.

Edited by bigbamboo

Today the girl, with the French Consul, Claude de Crissey and the 3 volunteers who rescued her were at a meeting with The Phuket Gazette, The Phuket news and Phuketwan. The girl was in good humour and well considering what she has been through. I do not wish to steal from the media, who will publish their stories in due course but I can tell you the other sister flew back to Paris last Thursday, this girl should fly back next Tuesday and their father is with the immigration police in Bangkok., likely to be going home soon. When published, it should make interesting reading, answer mention of the questions posed here and destroy most of the myths. I can confirm she spoke in French and a little English. Before anyone starts doubting or slagging me off, don't, these are the facts, I was there. I was very pleased to have been part of the operation, which was run solely by the Tourist Police Volunteers, in conjunction with the French Consul, not Honorary Consul.

"Mr de Crissey, a Frenchman, was able to converse with the ethnic Arabic girl in her native tongue."

So I suggest they kindly send her back to her native country, matching her native language. Which is not France.

(this is not a racist post, cause I know already some guys here will set me on fire right away)

French girls, French embassy, French social services, Mr de Crissey, a Frenchman. What part of the article is it that is not clear to you?. The children did not pick the nationality of either of their parents, their own nationality is pretty clear.

The part that France isn't an Arabic country maybe?

Today the girl, with the French Consul, Claude de Crissey and the 3 volunteers who rescued her were at a meeting with The Phuket Gazette, The Phuket news and Phuketwan. The girl was in good humour and well considering what she has been through. I do not wish to steal from the media, who will publish their stories in due course but I can tell you the other sister flew back to Paris last Thursday, this girl should fly back next Tuesday and their father is with the immigration police in Bangkok., likely to be going home soon. When published, it should make interesting reading, answer mention of the questions posed here and destroy most of the myths. I can confirm she spoke in French and a little English. Before anyone starts doubting or slagging me off, don't, these are the facts, I was there. I was very pleased to have been part of the operation, which was run solely by the Tourist Police Volunteers, in conjunction with the French Consul, not Honorary Consul.

Thanks for that BT2005!!

phuketnews_logo.gif

Phuket News - 12 year-old French girl rescued on Soi Bangla

The Phuket News - Sunday, 11th Dec 2011 07:35[/font][/color]

Tourist Police Volunteers rescued a 12-year-old French girl on Soi Bangla last Thursday (December 8) who had been missing for four months.

27861.jpgSergio Bongiovanni, Narada Hanks, Manep and Omar Al Quraiani.The girl, Manep [she has requested her surname not be printed], was reported as having disappeared after she ran away from her father some four months ago.

Last night, she appeared at a press conference held at the Royal Phawadee Village hotel in Patong to tell The Phuket News her remarkable story.

Manep and her 11-year-old sister Chaima were brought to Phuket by their father in July.

Although it was originally only meant to be a holiday, Manep says her father liked it here and wanted to settle down in Phuket, so he accepted a job offer from a friend who ran a tattoo shop in Patong.

However, not long after they arrived, Manep had an argument with her father that led to her running away.

“He often disappeared for days at a time, not telling us where he was going to,” said Manep.

So Manep went to stay with a teenage Thai friend she just met. During the day, she slept in her friend’s room in Kathu, or went to hang out with other friends on Patong beach.

She was arrested on several occasions for shoplifting, however Kathu police could not charges her because she is underage.

Life on the streets was not only tough but dangerous.

“I was abused once,” says Manep.

“I was following by two Thai guys who took me to an isolated spot and bound my mouth.”

Fortunately for Manep, villagers passing by rescued her. The two men were taken to police station and were charged with attempted rape.

As it turns out, Kathu police had arrested Manep’s father in November. He was charged with possession of marijuana and sentenced to 45 days in jail.

After their father’s arrest, the whereabouts of Manep was unknown, while her younger sister Chima was watched over by a member of staff at the guesthouse where they had been staying. No relatives knew of their plight.

The girl’s disappearance only came to light after the arrest of a Belgian tourist, who was put in jail briefly following a bike crash.

In prison he met Manep’s father, who explained his story and asked him to contact the girl’s grandmother to tell her about his two missing daughters.

When the Belgium was released, he complied with the request, which led to the story of the two sisters being heard by the French Embassy in Bangkok.

Following a visit to Phuket by the French Consul, word spread about the missing girl and her photograph was distributed amongst authorities.

The information was then passed on to Phuket’s Tourist Police Volunteers who were sent a photo of Manep last Thursday at 9pm.

Just two hours later, Manep was spotted walking along Soi Bangla, where the Tourist Police Volunteers have a routine patrol.

Phuket Tourist Police Foreign Volunteers Group Leader Frank Tomenson said, “Volunteers Narada Hanks, a Thai national, Omar Al Quraiani from Jordan, and Sergio Bongiovanni from Italy, saw the before they went on duty.

“At around 11pm, while walking down Soi Crocodile, the volunteers spotted what looked like the girl, talking to three men. They spoke to the girl to obtain positive identification, and once she was identified, the volunteers removed her from this area.”

“I tried not to scare her,” said tourist police volunteer Al Quraiani, who was at the scene with Hanks and Bongiovanni. “I didn’t want to miss this one chance of finding her.”

After her rescue, Manep discovered that her sister had already been sent back to France, while her father had been released and was also preparing to return home.

The girl is currently staying at the Royal Phawadee Village where she is being looked after.

The French Embassy has already arranged her flight back to Paris next Tuesday.

It is not her fault where she was born or what nationality she have and definitely not her fault been in Bangla road. If she was NOT French then why the French embassy were looking for her and her sister.

I do speak six language and Thai very good but still that doesnt make that I have nationality for all. The story here is very unclear about many things, but for me the name Claude de Crissey sounds very French so it seems more than typo error about the native language her from the gazette more than Mr Claude speak Macaroon Arabic(this is as much assumption as your first post!).

Macaroon Arabic? ;)

-blackthorn-

Thanks.

As I read in another Phuket Information site, there should be also a connection with a Thai-friend, a Jet ski

beach boy with whom she was hanging out,

how far that friendship had been going was not specified.whistling.gif

She would sleep during the day and wake up about 2pm, she said, then she would go to the beach to see her boyfriend, who works as a jet-ski beach boy. At night, the pair would enjoy the buzz of Patong and its nightlife, and later head for Rock City to dance into the early hours.

Anyway, the 8 month alone had been wrong, some weeks would be more real.

I will miss Phuket, when I am 18 and one day, I will be on a flight straight back, she ment.

The Phuket Tourist Police team, so it was mentioned, responded with laughter.

Adventure ended for now, Papa maybe also back for Christmas. Happy end.jap.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

French showman Claude has finally done something good. For the rest he is a showman, typical French nuts...

Claude didn't do any thing , it was the volunteers that did all the good work and found the girl,I bet Claude doesn't go on patrol in the heat and rain

The tourist police that found the girl should get an award from the French embassy

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

From Phuket News

--Manep and her 11-year-old sister Chaima were brought to Phuket by their father in July.

However, not long after they arrived, Manep had an argument with her father that led to her running away.--

-beplanebluey-

So, if she ran away lets say in mid. August, she was now on her trip alone for 4 month, not 8 month.

Regarding her younger sister who was still in the Appartement, her father got arrested end of October, or in October, so she was than about 6-8 weeks without her father.

Not so wrong what -cowslip- was writing and not so right what you are complaining now about.

The father was maybe not around for 6-8 weeks, but he did not care enough that his older daughter was gone 2 month before already.whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Probably trafficked here to satisfy the lust of old Paedo's

At least they are safe and well now, lets hope they don't return until they are older and their grandmother takes good care of them.

ot sure if you're implying that all oldies are paedos or that all paedos are old. Either way your implications are wrong!

Sadly paedos come in all shapes, sizes, genders and ages. Don't be distracted into believing this is the domain of old men alone.

Just read through most of this topic and am amazed at the amount of posts regarding the girls ethnicity/race/nationality/mother tongue. I notice that admin has correctly removed or edited the majority of such posts.

Please let us not forget that it is:

... girls rescued from Phuket red light district

that is the headline here not what country they come from or language they speak.

Personally I feel that the OP is mostly to blame for all the negative posts here by stating:

two French Moroccan girls
ethnic Moroccans
ethnic Arabic girl in her native tongue

Those statements are completely unnecessary to the story and only incite racist type remarks. They should be removed or the entire topic removed.

It is not her fault where she was born or what nationality she have and definitely not her fault been in Bangla road. If she was NOT French then why the French embassy were looking for her and her sister.

I did not blame her on anything. Don't assume things. It is a sad story indeed, I do not deny it.

I do speak six language and Thai very good but still that doesnt make that I have nationality for all. The story here is very unclear about many things, but for me the name Claude de Crissey sounds very French so it seems more than typo error about the native language her from the gazette more than Mr Claude speak Macaroon Arabic(this is as much assumption as your first post!).

Claude Crissey might be French, the French Embassy might be efficient and welcoming, the rescue volunteers are certainly very helpful, however, the little girl is lost, dead mother and father probably in jail, she does NOT speak french obviously and they are going to be send back to their grandmother (so, I guess, retired). Those are facts, not my opinion.

Now my opinion is simple (and I don't ask anyone to share it), these little girls will be better off in Morocco where they seem to be from(even though yes I never spoke to those girls to confirm that).

The child isof Arabic ethnicity but is French, M.DeCrissey spoke to her in "her native tongue" ie FRENCH; she is a French child

• 1 month later...