Wintertime In Chiang Rai

Limbo

Looking around for Erqwins table-football-table I tried to find an electric heater at the same time. Just as blankets and sweaters they use to pop up this time of the year. What I found however were mostly Chinese products of the kind that certainly wouldn't get any international safety hallmark.

As I don't want to execute myself nor end my life in a fire (how spectacular that might be) I am, in vain, thinking about other solutions.

Anybody having the golden tip ?

No, I don't mean your sister-in-law, unless...eh. Mai pen rai.

Limbo . :o

Looking around for Erqwins table-football-table I tried to find an electric heater at the same time. Just as blankets and sweaters they use to pop up this time of the year. What I found however were mostly Chinese products of the kind that certainly wouldn't get any international safety hallmark.

As I don't want to execute myself nor end my life in a fire (how spectacular that might be) I am, in vain, thinking about other solutions.

Anybody having the golden tip ?

No, I don't mean your sister-in-law, unless...eh. Mai pen rai.

Limbo . :o

Dear Limbo, just stay in bed for 1 hour longer in the morning because after the sun comes up the tempertures start to get back to a reasonable level of degrees.

Or alternatively, as soon as you get out of your bed, get on your bike immediately and cycle for 50 clicks to bring you body back up to room temperture. Then simply retire back to your lounge for small coffee and biscuit/newspaper and reflect on how lucky we are not to be experiencing the European winters that we came here to escape from. :D

I saw some gas heaters for sale in CR.

Sorry don't know the name of the store, it's on the SuperHighway on the left going north, before you get to Big C

Thetyim, please take my advice and steer clear of gas room heaters.

I only say this because I don`t know the country of origin of the heaters that you mention. The biggest problem with gas heaters is the carbon monoxide that they give of.

there was a case 3-4 years ago when they were building the extension to the Overbrook. The people that were working there as usual were sleeping on the premises. It was winter here also, they had a gas heater, they were sleeping in the basement, no ventilation. 3-4 people died.

Double up on the jumpers and tracksuit bottoms, with a hat provided by your good lady. you`ll be fine mate :o

Why is everyone badmouthing Chinese products. I have many that are great. Granted the cheap chinese toys you buy im Mai Sai that only last a week at best, but tools,appliances, etc. are good.

The Chinese will take over the world market on everything. They have there poop together, and will take over the world economy shortly, if not yet. I remember when "made in Japan" ment bad. Then they kicked ass in the motocycle, car, electronic, etc.

China will deffinitely be the next super super power. :o

Why is everyone badmouthing Chinese products. I have many that are great. Granted the cheap chinese toys you buy im Mai Sai that only last a week at best, but tools,appliances, etc. are good.

I for one am not bad mouthing Chinese gear.

When I sold stuff on the net the best products at the best prices always can be found in china.

As you said, now they`ve got their act together and they can`t be beaten on quality or cost. :o