Wine Shop In Khon Kaen?

annilicious

I wonder where can I fine wine shop in khon kaen?

I am going to visit khon kaen and gonna have a lot of party with friends and I just can not do the party without wine.

I couldn't bring 6 bottled wine from bangkok for sure.

your answer will be greatly appreciated ka!

Khob khun ka!jap.gif

Sorry, I don't know the exact location of a proper wine shop in Khon Kaen, but I live in Roi Et (about 95km from Khon Kaen) and we have a local shop here (in the basement of the Roi Et Plaza) that has 100+ different wines to choose from... so I'm sure Khon Kaen has that or better someplace. Lotus, Big-C and Makro also carry wine... and if you're entertaining largely Thai guests (that likely have little experience with wine) the boxed/jugged wine at these superstores should go over fine and is also economic for a large party (most Thai people don't normally drink wine... but they won't pass a chance to drink it!!!). The supermarket in the basement of Central Plaza mall has the largest selection of wine I've seen in Khon Kaen.... that's your best bet if you're looking for wines that you are familiar with at home.

To my opinion the new Tesco Lotus beats TOPs at Central with its selection of wines (one of the few points though).

(new Tesco Lotus Extra north of the university on Mittraphap).

Beware: on my visit yesterday they had some wrong price tags at the food racks.

Use one of the price check points before going to the cashier.

Excellent wines you can get in Mahasarakham from Black Horse Winery

Like Cabernet/Merlot/Pinot/Chardonnay/Gewurtztraminer and many others

As far as I know a single bottle cost 300 Bt and a box of 12 bottle 3000 Bt

Just make a call with Raveewan 089-4194961

Maybe worth a trip over the border to Laos (via Udon) as not too far + far cheaper there :)

mmmmm 250 bath for a bottle !! , that is not expensive for a good wine.

It will cost a LOT more to go to Laos, driving about 400 km, crossing the border, pay for a visa, + all the time and trouble ermm.gif

and still you not if you have a good wine

Edited by Putu94

At least stay away from Big C. The selection is laughable, even for someone not too familiar with wine.

Have you tried Peter Vella (Cabernet Sauvignon)? I have bought 3L boxes from BigC in Maha Sarakham. Price below 800 baht. Bottles for 279 in Tesco Lotus. I think that wine is much better than Mont Clair which is also cheap. I even prefer it to Jacob´s Creek which costs more than double.