Manhunt Launched For American Martial Arts Brawler Junie Browning: Phuket

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like your typical arshole. To bad the suicide attempt in 2009 was not successful.

yep ... but actually an atypical arsehol_e. Very dangerous and needs to be put down, quickly.

From personal knowledge of the industry and people in the industry, I must say that violence does follow Mixed Martial Arts practitioners - especially famous ones; such violence is often more prevalent, unwarranted and lethal in a developing country like Thailand. Not saying it's never their fault, very often they're stupid, hyper aggressive, or just mean spirited people. But even so, they're still not always in the wrong. Us standard issue expat fools mostly coward our way out of potential fight situations. We do this by averting our eyes from the staring, drunk Thai in the corner of the bar, or, pretending we don't see the shirtless trash talking Marine in Pattaya ogling our girlfriends. It's not that it's a evil thing to stare back or talk back. But, we're mostly experienced enough to know such situations can pop off. We know what fighting means in Thailand - so, we lose a little face and save a lot of blood. It's smart. Junie's an idiot, no doubt. Watch the ultimate fighter, he's a frigging moron. But who knows if he simply didn't keep his mouth shut and ended up finishing a fight someone else started? Even if he had done all that he is accused of (and believe me, such brawls are rarely one-sided) - big deal, he's guilty of starting a barfight! Given the level of crime and corruption we see on a daily basis, I gotta say - SO WHAT?

Stating he needs to "be put down, quickly" is creepy and definitely a bit much.

I remember once, at Londoners, I almost got bottle bashed into oblivion by three British blokes because I told one of them not to scream at or push my friend simply because he was in the way of the pub door. That guy got his friends, and, they ended up calmly discussing whether or not to decimate me while they simultaneously choked their female Thai friend because she made the mistake of discussing "man's business". Had these special fellows not been too drunk to remember they were contemplating 'putting me down', I'm sure I would have been seriously injured at the end of the night. No police were around to protect me or keep the peace. Fights happen in Thailand and, honestly, if you are lucky enough to get away and didn't attack anyone who wasn't involved in the fight - I say no foul and god speed. It's hard enough to stay alive in such situations without having to worry about police catching up with you.

To get a good sense of how a MMA guy might get into such a situation check out 'Urijah Faber Trouble in Bali' on Youtube. This guy is/was world champion material, got into a fight with a guy in a bar, then, chased by a crowd. Mostly, the crime these guys commit is being devoid of common sense in a developing country.

He may have been a jerk, but it would have been a real entertaining brawl to watch. People pay over $1000 US to get front row seats at MMA fights. Having a pint on a bar stool and seeing him verse a gang of men with no rules-barred fighting, would have been worth the trek to Phuket.

I would have been there with a big rubber foam hand and (knowing the Thai's acute sense of speedy entrepreneurship) bought the promotional T-shirt outside the pub…

Edited by song0674

I've met guys who admitted they were twice as bad as this guy could possibly be. Many had the prison tats, scars and records to back up their stories. They had cleaned themselves up, made amends for what they had done and have been some of the most inspirational people I have ever had the pleasure to hang out with.

I try to remember those great guys whenever I find myself wishing a dirt nap on anybody.

Sadly, most of them required a catastrophe in their lives to push them toward their road to recovery.

Edited by impulse

Looks like your typical arshole. To bad the suicide attempt in 2009 was not successful.

Yep looks like an absolute nutcase with a short fuse, but the we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

But, if it looks like a prick, acts like a prick and talks like a prick ...... it isn't a duck.

0 compassion 0 heart unless of course if it was one of your own in this situation. I feel sorry for this young man. Not everyone is perfect like you all. I wonder what dark sides you all have that you all keep in your closet's. Judge not and be judged not. This guy has some anger issues but from what I read on TV most not all have significant anger issues plus other issues as well. Lighten up show some love and compassion for people less fortunate than yourselves.jap.gif

Thanks for that video link . I think there can be no dispute that the Junie is a prize dick and undoubtably did something to start the problems. (No fact just based on video reference.)

I still believe that people are inherently good deep down and this kid is no different. If he wasn't drinking he would not behave like this here in Thailand or on Television.

I watched the Ultimate Fighter in which Junie was in. He is the Ultimate wanke_r. Also in a later episode his brother was in it was obvious it runs in the family.

He's a walking time bomb and I would happily leave any establishment he entered. Nothing but trouble, no wonder the UFC dumped him.

Thanks for that video link . I think there can be no dispute that the Junie is a prize dick and undoubtably did something to start the problems. (No fact just based on video reference.)

I still believe that people are inherently good deep down and this kid is no different. If he wasn't drinking he would not behave like this here in Thailand or on Television.

Watch the episodes of UFC that he was in. Sober he was a time bomb. Drunk he exploded.

There's some bloody nutters roaming around Thailand right now...How the hell do they all get in..Karons' getting a bit of a reputation now what with that nutter last year murdering the bar girl there..and chopping her up...nice people !!!!

Edited by sydneyjed

And who are you to post such a comment? Do you know him personally? Did you watch the scene??

THINK!!!!

Whilst I do not agree with Shot's sentiment, you might want to watch the youtube video, which is quite enlightening. The man is clearly a big bundle of trouble when he has been drinking and at the rate he is drinking, the only way is down. A sad, sad case of talent about to be wasted.

This guy is a loose canon when he drinks..that's there for all to see!Wouldn't have mattered where he comes from..America..Australia or Antartica...Draw your own conclusion...I have after viewing that!Should be interesting when they catch up with him..the Thai's won't stuff around!Phuket jail or upto Klom Prem and believe me he'll know all about it!!

I competed in the biannual WKO event in Jomtien in 2008. Wearing the t-shirt around Pattaya; I got quite a few challenges from crackpots "testing the fighting guy". Even while inebriated I managed to smile my way out of it; worst that happened was some fool spat on my shoes, I bought him a beer and his friends calmed him down.

This guy has problems; and if he doesn't watch out; he won't see 30. Not everyone wants to just test their skills against you; some will want to make daisy food of you. You don't have to react like an a$$hole to an action from an a$$hole.

On the other hand if 10 guys tried to climb me I would do my best to take them all down hard; no mercy.

A troll post and responses have been removed.

the original post was sensible but i decided it may've been off topic.

as it's not possible to delete comments, i edited it out and replaced it with an "off topic" emoticon.

thats when the lonely muppet started doing its act with replies to it and i then did my muppet bashing and i guess around then you decided to delete it

He just can't handle his drink and or temper. A lot of fighters have the ability to diffuse the situation or pt someone down without a fuss. Doing the guy whilst in hospital later shows he is either a crap drinker or a complete loon, either way maybe a spell in the nick might bring him back down to earth, maybe he will grow up before someone plants him for good.

Half the farang are here to get away from something and find a better life. The other half come here to try to get away from themselves, and oops, there you are.

Two significant posts above leapt out at me. One was saying to give the guy a break, and the other was about people like this, if they can deal with their issues can turn into really beautiful people later in life. Focus on what you want, and don't give energy to what you don't want. I've been picked on by people very much like this in bars in Thailand when I've done nothing wrong other than being there, but I have stated publicly to bar owners on occasion, that there are never any fights in any establishment that I'm in. That's not because I'm a fighter or a mercenary (I can't fight for toffee, or actually I don't know because I've never tried since I was about 7 years old), what I mean is I choose to generate an atmosphere of relaxation, compassion and understanding. I can make friends wherever I go, even though I'm shy and lack confidence, I do know a core need is that people need reassurance that they're good people, and what we see in the video is a artifact of that, a response from a guy that is saddled with ego and face. What I want in my life is what I eventually get. For those afformentioned individuals that tried to make fights with me - now they shake my hand and buy me a drink - never a punch thrown. They *want* to be liked and respected, just like anyone does. Give them that, and their anger suddenly looks a bit silly, but let them slide that one away and you've suddenly got a good friend.

I competed in the biannual WKO event in Jomtien in 2008. Wearing the t-shirt around Pattaya; I got quite a few challenges from crackpots "testing the fighting guy". Even while inebriated I managed to smile my way out of it; worst that happened was some fool spat on my shoes, I bought him a beer and his friends calmed him down.

This guy has problems; and if he doesn't watch out; he won't see 30. Not everyone wants to just test their skills against you; some will want to make daisy food of you. You don't have to react like an a$hole to an action from an a$hole.

On the other hand if 10 guys tried to climb me I would do my best to take them all down hard; no mercy.

mma fighters do it in the ring, to rules and with a ref. on the street there are many guys who use nasty weapons and won't stop when the opposition says "ok i submit" or loses consciousness.

if you meet one of those guys, it won't need 10 of him to hurt you bad - before, during, or after your "take-down" technique.

Half the farang are here to get away from something and find a better life. The other half come here to try to get away from themselves, and oops, there you are.

Two significant posts above leapt out at me. One was saying to give the guy a break, and the other was about people like this, if they can deal with their issues can turn into really beautiful people later in life. Focus on what you want, and don't give energy to what you don't want. I've been picked on by people very much like this in bars in Thailand when I've done nothing wrong other than being there, but I have stated publicly to bar owners on occasion, that there are never any fights in any establishment that I'm in. That's not because I'm a fighter or a mercenary (I can't fight for toffee, or actually I don't know because I've never tried since I was about 7 years old), what I mean is I choose to generate an atmosphere of relaxation, compassion and understanding. I can make friends wherever I go, even though I'm shy and lack confidence, I do know a core need is that people need reassurance that they're good people, and what we see in the video is a artifact of that, a response from a guy that is saddled with ego and face. What I want in my life is what I eventually get. For those afformentioned individuals that tried to make fights with me - now they shake my hand and buy me a drink - never a punch thrown. They *want* to be liked and respected, just like anyone does. Give them that, and their anger suddenly looks a bit silly, but let them slide that one away and you've suddenly got a good friend.

why did they pick fights with you? did you offend them? or are they approaching strangers to cause trouble?

This guy has problems; and if he doesn't watch out; he won't see 30. Not everyone wants to just test their skills against you; some will want to make daisy food of you. You don't have to react like an a$hole to an action from an a$hole.

mma fighters do it in the ring, to rules and with a ref. on the street there are many guys who use nasty weapons and won't stop when the opposition says "ok i submit" or loses consciousness.

if you meet one of those guys, it won't need 10 of him to hurt you bad - before, during, or after your "take-down" technique.

True. However the majority are not looking to risk getting hurt; even if there is ten of them.

Let's hope this guy learns something from it (although his conduct in the hospital indicates chances are zero)