Manhunt Launched For American Martial Arts Brawler Junie Browning: Phuket

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As usual the Phuket Gazette and TV promoted a sensationalized article. According to another and IMO a much more reliable source, which can't be named here, there is no manhunt, but Immigration was alerted. It also said the guy everyone on this thread says was an ass, was. He started fighting with his Thai GF and when some others tried to intervene, he took exception and went off...

As usual the Phuket Gazette and TV promoted a sensationalized article. According to another and IMO a much more reliable source, which can't be named here, there is no manhunt, but Immigration was alerted. It also said the guy everyone on this thread says was an ass, was. He started fighting with his Thai GF and when some others tried to intervene, he took exception and went off...

Earlier on someone said "if it looks like a prick, acts like a prick etc..."

There you have it then folks. Though from what I've seen; Thai GFs seem to set off even softies. ph34r.gifannoyed.gif

<snip>

There you have it then folks. Though from what I've seen; Thai GFs seem to set off even softies. ph34r.gifannoyed.gif

I guess that's your opinion, not mine. It all depends on the person, not whether they are Thai or not... Obviously there are whacked people of all genders and nationalities.

Edited by Jimi007

<snip>

I guess that's your opinion, not mine. It all depends on the person, not whether they are Thai or not... Obviously there are whacked people of all genders and nationalities.

whistling.gif

Forty-five posts without the ever-present, ever-vocal, ever-cynical America-bashers showing up?

A TV record!

(Of course, I've jinxed it now). whistling.gif

Oh I am sorry for neglecting you guys, where do we start :D Maybe there is no need for American bashing on this as the guy's pic and apparent attitude have already summed it up. Don't worry my friend we can get to you guys in the next post.

why did they pick fights with you? did you offend them? or are they approaching strangers to cause trouble?

I don't know. Just being there having a conversation with someone else seems to be enough. I think most of us have met the type. As a generalisation they're often farang Muay Thai fighters, or people who 'know' someone who's important, or they have 'more money than you'll ever earn' (which is usually the polar opposite of their truth). Maybe in their inflamed world when someone walks in the door with a different energy, whatever that happens to be, it triggers something in them. They're usually okay people if you can get under their skin, and more like confused little children than someone to be feared - but flying bottles/fists/knives aren't something to be taken lightly, so a bit of posturing is required.

Looks like your typical arshole. To bad the suicide attempt in 2009 was not successful.

And who are you to post such a comment? Do you know him personally? Did you watch the scene??

THINK!!!!

have watched several videos of him on Youtube. He is far from humble and seems to be manic depressive.

Maybe needs medication but definitely needs to learn how to chill. Violence and his destruction of property is BS, flat out!

I also feel ashamed to be American at times when so many of our comrades have such little respect.

The Thais are so gentle and hospitable they deserve the same treatment, as well as huge respect, for all they do.

My input is, we Americans need to be extra polite and helpful.. to compensate for the few bad apples with their Bravado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Somebody released chuck norris in Phuket :) :)

Nope! Don't think Chuck Norris would do a thing like that in Thailand or anywhere else. But like you suggested I wished he was there in Phuket then. My money says that even though Chuck is 71 years old now, with his 8 Degree Black Belt in Karate he could have easily still kicked the can off of this young punks head, and gave him a beating and what he deserved. Wouldn't that have been a surprise and fun to watch this 71 year old man tieing a licking on this Punk, and physically kicking his Butt, while sipping your beer?

The Kid is just another Thug who thinks he is God's Gift to Women, after a drink, and figures the only way to attract female attention is to get in a fight and beat up a few people. If that fails to draw her attention, then he can just go ahead and beat her up to.

Hope they catch him soon and give him some generous time in a Thai Slammer. That would be good for his control of Anger Management for sure. Ever notice this problem some people have somehow always disappears when they are in trouble?

why did they pick fights with you? did you offend them? or are they approaching strangers to cause trouble?

I don't know. Just being there having a conversation with someone else seems to be enough. I think most of us have met the type. As a generalisation they're often farang Muay Thai fighters, or people who 'know' someone who's important, or they have 'more money than you'll ever earn' (which is usually the polar opposite of their truth). Maybe in their inflamed world when someone walks in the door with a different energy, whatever that happens to be, it triggers something in them. They're usually okay people if you can get under their skin, and more like confused little children than someone to be feared - but flying bottles/fists/knives aren't something to be taken lightly, so a bit of posturing is required.

ok yes now i understand. i know exactly the type you mean and you have them sussed out perfectly. they are insecure within themselves. they use attack as a form of defence. they were probably raised by a bully and brought up around bullies so they feel they must assert dominance otherwise they are at risk of being bullied and seen as weak. yes definately insecurity. i know many like it. some i can befriend and be good friends but others i avoid and sometimes come into conflict with ....

I agree that likely a low-life thug, but have to admit, sounds like the typical 10 Thais on 1 farang beat down didn't go according to script. Nice to see the foreigner get in some hits, too bad it was this guy though...

Sorry, but why are you bashing Thai people? It was some Aussies, one other American and Junie's GF, from another account I read. But I guess that doesn't matter since it was in Thailand.

Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue Junie.

Good One!

Yeah so what really, so he's fighter that was fighting with a bunch of guys who wanted a fight with him. Like a previous poster said, how about a man hunt for those murderous tuk tuk scumbags that murdered that German man awhile back.

Looks like your typical arshole. To bad the suicide attempt in 2009 was not successful.

And who are you to post such a comment? Do you know him personally? Did you watch the scene??

THINK!!!!

Funny how most on here are normally totally against what the police say happened in a situation.. yet now without knowing ANY for sure facts everyone's jumping on this guy's back (LITERALLY to start with!!) and some even wishing him dead for getting into a brawl and ending up getting stabbed/slashed.. all totally ignoring what he's said, even admitted, about it all, and what the truth might actually be!!! He's a obviously scrapper, by nature AND chosen sport, which clearly makes him dangerous to come up against - and I've known plenty - nevertheless it doesn't mean he HAS TO BE the party solely to blame or a woman beater or anything else those who fought him are clearly now calling him, probably to stay out of the nick themselves!!.. we all know the score, Thais versus farangs, who the police are going to go with, so those who normally spout this anti-Thai police stuff, should not suddenly forget what they've said in this respect and now start jumping on a bandwagon where the lynch-mob they want so desperately to be a part of has NO CLUE what they're even really talking about!!! :ph34r:

:wai:

Edited by spectrumisgreen

I agree that likely a low-life thug, but have to admit, sounds like the typical 10 Thais on 1 farang beat down didn't go according to script. Nice to see the foreigner get in some hits, too bad it was this guy though...

Sorry, but why are you bashing Thai people? It was some Aussies, one other American and Junie's GF, from another account I read. But I guess that doesn't matter since it was in Thailand.

sorry, but if you think thai people are innocent then you're greatly mistaken. GREATLY mistaken.

he's made a mistake and jumped to a conclusion but one can understand how

THINK!!!!

have watched several videos of him on Youtube. He is far from humble and seems to be manic depressive.

Maybe needs medication but definitely needs to learn how to chill. Violence and his destruction of property is BS, flat out!

I also feel ashamed to be American at times when so many of our comrades have such little respect.

The Thais are so gentle and hospitable they deserve the same treatment, as well as huge respect, for all they do.

My input is, we Americans need to be extra polite and helpful.. to compensate for the few bad apples with their Bravado.

I don't feel ashamed to be an American. My parents decided to move there and become citizens after WW2. I didn't have much choice in where I was born. There are good and bad people of every nationality. It's your choice as to what kind of person you chose to be...

Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue Junie.

Good One!

Yeah so what really, so he's fighter that was fighting with a bunch of guys who wanted a fight with him. Like a previous poster said, how about a man hunt for those murderous tuk tuk scumbags that murdered that German man awhile back.

it's an excellent theory, idea... now back to today's bandwagon... :ph34r:

THINK!!!!

I don't feel ashamed to be an American. My parents decided to move there and become citizens after WW2. I didn't have much choice in where I was born. There are good and bad people of every nationality. It's your choice as to what kind of person you chose to be...

Absolutely

sorry, but if you think thai people are innocent then you're greatly mistaken. GREATLY mistaken.

"sorry, but if you think thai people are innocent then you're greatly mistaken. GREATLY mistaken." That's a pretty biased statement against Thai people. Do you live here? If so why? Especially with your opinion... I guess you could say the same for any nationality. I happen to disagree with your statement about most Thai people. I don't have any problems with most anyone. It's more about the people you chose to associate with, in my experience, not their nationality!

Those adept at MMA are fighters without weapons who are the best all around. They can beat experts at boxing, muay Thai, wrestling, you name it, because they take the absolute best of each martial art, and perfect it. In case you'd like to know, Brazilian style jujitsu is the best no-weapons fighting style known to man.

In this zany world of ours, there are fashion models, nobility, formula one car racing stars, top drawer olympic athletes, katoy stars, bible pounding preachers, movie stars and a whole lot more. Many are at the apex of their fields. You could include in that list martial arts adepts, and it sounds like Mr. Browing is in that category. Sure, he's got punk like qualities, and he can be a danger to those who challenge him, but that's part of his particular package. I don't say that to excuse him, I'm just reminding people that there are all sorts of unique folks in this topsy turvy world we live in.

I think the main reason the cops want him, is because he held his own against aggression from several Thais (with weapons) and maybe some farang also. Thai cops have zero problem when a group of Thais go beserk and beat up a farang, as that's as common as street venders selling pancakes. But when an uppity farang kicks a group of Thai butts, then the cops (and all other Thais) get angry. Of course the Thais resorted to using weapons (bottles, broken beer mugs) because they have zero concern for a 'fair fight' - the concept doesn't exist in their culture.

THINK!!!!

Of course, you SHOULDN'T feel ashamed to be American.. just as I'm proud to be English, despite plenty of my countrymen who are quite capable of being ar**holes on England's behalf!.. just as you say, there are good and bad people of EVERY nationality.. Thais too.. I know some of fantastic nature but you only have to see what so many do to each other, over a few whisky's (or just a general fallout!) to know you can't just say 'Aw, aren't they all so lovely (gentle and hospitable)?' as per the quote above!!!.. anyway, the judging isn't ours to do.. WE DON'T KNOW what went on, do we?.. and the concern is that whatever the outcome as far as the police are concerned is that it may well be the most simplistic and time-saving answer that wins through, not necessarily the truth!!!:ph34r:

"sorry, but if you think thai people are innocent then you're greatly mistaken. GREATLY mistaken." That's a pretty biased statement against Thai people. Do you live here? If so why? Especially with your opinion... I guess you could say the same for any nationality. I happen to disagree with your statement about most Thai people. I don't have any problems with most anyone. It's more about the people you chose to associate with, in my experience, not their nationality!

ok i didn't say it very well. i should've said if you think "all" Thai people are innocent.

and yes you are right in what you say. in a later post of yours you can see that i agree with you as i've said so. about everywhere having some good and some bad.

yes i have lived in thailand many years and many different aspects, people and locations. i have met some of the most wonderful and lovely people here i could ever hope to meet in my life. i don't think i could meet anybody equally as lovely any where else.

unfortunately there have been times during my years, travels and experiences that i have also met a few of the complete opposite and had a few very bad experiences and witnessed others too.

but hey thats life! same everywhere! good and bad is everywhere. i agree with you.

Edited by Randee

THINK!!!!

Funny how most on here are normally totally against what the police say happened in a situation.. yet now without knowing ANY for sure facts everyone's jumping on this guy's back (LITERALLY to start with!!) and some even wishing him dead for getting into a brawl and ending up getting stabbed/slashed.. all totally ignoring what he's said, even admitted, about it all, and what the truth might actually be!!! He's a obviously scrapper, by nature AND chosen sport, which clearly makes him dangerous to come up against - and I've known plenty - nevertheless it doesn't mean he HAS TO BE the party solely to blame or a woman beater or anything else those who fought him are clearly now calling him, probably to stay out of the nick themselves!!.. we all know the score, Thais versus farangs, who the police are going to go with, so those who normally spout this anti-Thai police stuff, should not suddenly forget what they've said in this respect and now start jumping on a bandwagon where the lynch-mob they want so desperately to be a part of has NO CLUE what they're even really talking about!!! :ph34r:

I have to agree with you. I wonder how many TV keyboard warriors would buckle at the knees if assaulted by a group of Thais with weapons. It is no secret that Thais do not fight one-on-one and prefer ganging up on an adversary. It also won't be any surprise when he will be charged with assault and spend time in the monkey house for defending himself.

unfortunately, Ive seen more and more of these guys, who sadly fall into my age group... they come out, get hammered, and because of their lack of control and sense of reality decide the world is against them and attack anyone that even looks at them sideways...

it has been particularly notocable the past few years, and ruined more than a few nights out with my friends. sadly that is the way it seems to be in the under 30 age bracket... thought it is only a minority they are noticed far more often than the majority...

I hear you, but you could choose to do something better with your time than hang around the places where you will find them. If the bar scene is core to your Thailand experience so be it. Good luck and take care.

<snip>

I think the main reason the cops want him, is because he held his own against aggression from several Thais (with weapons) and maybe some farang also. Thai cops have zero problem when a group of Thais go beserk and beat up a farang, as that's as common as street venders selling pancakes. But when an uppity farang kicks a group of Thai butts, then the cops (and all other Thais) get angry. Of course the Thais resorted to using weapons (bottles, broken beer mugs) because they have zero concern for a 'fair fight' - the concept doesn't exist in their culture.

As usual, you shouldn't believe much of anything that the Phuket Gazette writes. They just want to sensationalize any story to attract hits to their website. And since Thaivisa is partnered with them, you don't get any real news. I read about this yesterday from a more reliable news source, in my opinion, and it stated: There were 6 Aussies and an American that took exception to him starting to fight with his Thai GF in a bar in Karon... I remember an article in the PG not long ago that said ten Thai men attacked and killed a Swede, when in fact in was two other Swedes that did the killing. Actually their trial has just started, but no news on here about it...

Edited by Jimi007