Manhunt Launched For American Martial Arts Brawler Junie Browning: Phuket

webfact

The guy comes with an attitude as you can plainly see.

Combine that with some steroids ( probably ) and some alcohol and ( probably )some Yaa Ba and the fireworks begin.:burp:

Take note that the altercation started at a beer bar...meaning everyone drinking or getting drunk.

Maybe they should legalise Marijuana and heavily penalise people who drink. LOL :whistling:

So.....who started the fight?

That is what the readers want to know ( but will never really know)

Of course all persons involved will say the other(s) started the problem and the other(s) started the fight.

Hmmmm ...alcohol and attitude.

I heard this story - as it was happening - from a friend who was at the bar in question. Junie drew the attention of other patrons by slapping up a farrang woman (unknown relation to him - may have come with him or been his GF). Bar patrons started by asking him to stop or for the pair to leave. He was well lubricated and took to physically intimidating the other patrons. He was calmed by staff and patrons and reseated several times before things escalated to the brawl level. There were no Thai males involved, just farrang patrons and female Thai bar staff. Hope this helps all the fiction writers out there...

I don't believe it, unless Junie is lying about being repeatedly stabbed by someone weilding broken glass weapon. Farang are not apt to do such a thing in a bar brawl, whereas Thais are. You mention 'female bar staff' involved. That, to me, makes it even more likely that Thai guys would jump in to the fray - if they see their sisters screaming bloody murder (have you ever had a Thai woman yell at you? I have, and it's enough to crinkle the varnish on your door frame). And it doesn't take much for a Thai female to go postal.

I'm not excusing the dumbass American. BTW, if he does get his buns thrown in jail, his fighting skills won't account for much there. Dirty tricks and dirty fighting, and ganging up are daily routines. If he doesn't chill in jail, he'll be in deep doodoo.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy comes with an attitude as you can plainly see.

Combine that with some steroids ( probably ) and some alcohol and ( probably )some Yaa Ba and the fireworks begin.:burp:

Take note that the altercation started at a beer bar...meaning everyone drinking or getting drunk.

Maybe they should legalise Marijuana and heavily penalise people who drink. LOL :whistling:

So.....who started the fight?

That is what the readers want to know ( but will never really know)

Of course all persons involved will say the other(s) started the problem and the other(s) started the fight.

Hmmmm ...alcohol and attitude.

I heard this story - as it was happening - from a friend who was at the bar in question. Junie drew the attention of other patrons by slapping up a farrang woman (unknown relation to him - may have come with him or been his GF). Bar patrons started by asking him to stop or for the pair to leave. He was well lubricated and took to physically intimidating the other patrons. He was calmed by staff and patrons and reseated several times before things escalated to the brawl level. There were no Thai males involved, just farrang patrons and female Thai bar staff. Hope this helps all the fiction writers out there...

I don't believe it, unless Junie is lying about being repeatedly stabbed by someone weilding broken glass weapon. Farang are not apt to do such a thing in a bar brawl, whereas Thais are. You mention 'female bar staff' involved. That, to me, makes it even more likely that Thai guys would jump in to the fray - if they see their sisters screaming bloody murder (have you ever had a Thai woman yell at you? I have, and it's enough to crinkle the varnish on your door frame). And it doesn't take much for a Thai female to go postal.

I'm not excusing the dumbass American. BTW, if he does get his buns thrown in jail, his fighting skills won't account for much there. Dirty tricks and dirty fighting, and ganging up are daily routines. If he doesn't chill in jail, he'll be in deep doodoo.

Where did you come up with a broken glass weapon? I had read Junie said it was a 6" bladed knife... And yes I do believe a Thai woman was wielding it... Sounds like mikebikes account is pretty credible compared to most of the crock I've read on this thread.

The guy is obviously a dangerous maniac.. too many of the likes of him come to Thailand and give falangs a bad name..

I have on occasions felt I had to apologised to Thai people for the embarrasingly bad behavior of some disrespectful 'guests' to Thailand..

Would Thais behave like that in Europe or the US.. i don't think so..

Fortunately most Thai men can deal with drunken falang idiots and they get what they deserve..

The guy is obviously a dangerous maniac.. too many of the likes of him come to Thailand and give falangs a bad name..

I have on occasions felt I had to apologised to Thai people for the embarrasingly bad behavior of some disrespectful 'guests' to Thailand..

Fortunately most Thai men can deal with drunken falang idiots and they get what they deserve..

Come on, this is Phuket these days! It's full of MMA and Muay Thai boxing gyms. So they are trying to attract customers from wherever they can. This brawl had nothing to do with Thai men. It was farang against farang if you bothered to read any news accounts. If Phuket would even start to treat their "guests" with a bit more hospitality , unlike the tuk tuk, black plate taxi mob and the jet ski mob and other touts, then you could feel more embarrassed. I personally rarely go out to any bar and have lived locally for many years without a major problem. I really don't care much for high season as it brings in a combination of bad elements , both farang and Thai...

No need to apologize for others. Yep, alot of Thais would act that way in the US if given the opportunity. Let's see, a whole lot if drop outs, misfits and individuals with weird vices leave to US to spend time in Thailand. Not exactly the most desirable individuals . . . The US, however, doesn't just let any Thai in and those they get here are usually higher economic and social standing. If we let every misfit Thai who was running from something enter the US, then we would have even more issues due to economic conditions and their inability to make a decent wage. In theory, foreign countries create their own monsters by letting any one and everyone in their borders all in the name of infusing foreign currency into their economy. Perhaps they should apologize for letting in the undesirables.

Come on, this is Phuket these days! It's full of MMA and Muay Thai boxing gyms. So they are trying to attract customers from wherever they can. This brawl had nothing to do with Thai men. It was farang against farang if you bothered to read any news accounts. If Phuket would even start to treat their "guests" with a bit more hospitality , unlike the tuk tuk, black plate taxi mob and the jet ski mob and other touts, then you could feel more embarrassed. I personally rarely go out to any bar and have lived locally for many years without a major problem. I really don't care much for high season as it brings in a combination of bad elements , both farang and Thai...

What's attracting boxers got to with it? Most of the drunken idiots are not boxers anyway.. ok this guy is but thats not the point..

I never said this particular brawl had anything to do with Thai men.. read my post..

All these mobs and touts you speak about exsist in every country worldwide.. that's no excuse for condoning this kind of behavior.. and then indirectly blaming the Thias for 'inviting' them..

You are obviously yet another falang who feels superior to and judges Thais..

I have spent many years in Thailand too but stay well clear of Phuket, Pattaya etc.. I love Thai people and Thai culture.

What's attracting boxers got to with it? Most of the drunken idiots are not boxers anyway.. ok this guy is but thats not the point..

I never said this particular brawl had anything to do with Thai men.. read my post..

All these mobs and touts you speak about exsist in every country worldwide.. that's no excuse for condoning this kind of behavior.. and then indirectly blaming the Thias for 'inviting' them..

I have spent many years in Thailand too but stay well clear of Phuket, Pattaya etc.. I love Thai people and Thai culture.

Haha, brawls are not prevalent in all countries. Primarily third world countries where police force is lax. Perhaps the lax police force is some of the allure. Thai cops just standing around during a beat down by Thais or slow intervention just encourages this type of behaviour. Seem it many time over there, but cannot recall ever seeing it over here. Cops break that shit up quickly and people have consequences. A good deterence to such conduct. The dichotomy is simple. If Thai cops were too strict, the tourist industry may suffer. This in effect encourages or allows BS like this to get out of hand all too often. The crux of the problem is simply the kind of people Thailand kind attract and does attract.

Wrong... On just so many points. Do you live in Phuket? No, I saw you posted you didn't. Look back in this thread and you can see my posts when people implied it was a Thai mob who took on Junie Browning, I pointed out it was Aussies and an American. I don't hang out with farangs. I have Thai family and friends who respect me and I respect them. But after living here for many years, as I said, Phuket in high season changes. People from all over Thailand come here to make money off the tourists. Some of those people could not and do not live here in the off season. The boxing gyms are everywhere now. There used to be about 4. Now just around Rawai there are about 10. There was a British guy who stabbed an American to death after a bar brawl last year here, so they do draw a bad element in my opinion. Do you know much about the mayor of Patong and his son? Do you know about the Patong Tuk Tuk Association? I read you post and you said; "Fortunately most Thai men can deal with drunken falang idiots and they get what they deserve.." So what does that imply? All I said is that this brawl had nothing to do with Thai men... By the way the word sounds like falang, but it is spelled farang. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang and it's also the name of a fruit in Thai. We call it a Guava. I live on the southern end of the island. Until three years ago we didn't have a bank, there where water buffalo and cows right down the road. Now stupid pool villas are everywhere. But where I live it's still quiet, other than the crickets right now and the birds in the day and there's a nice beach with 83ºF water that I swim at several days a week. So obviously, you don't really know me...

Wrong... On just so many points. Do you live in Phuket? No, I saw you posted you didn't. Look back in this thread and you can see my posts when people implied it was a Thai mob who took on Junie Browning, I pointed out it was Aussies and an American. I don't hang out with farangs. I have Thai family and friends who respect me and I respect them. But after living here for many years, as I said, Phuket in high season changes. People from all over Thailand come here to make money off the tourists. Some of those people could not and do not live here in the off season. The boxing gyms are everywhere now. There used to be about 4. Now just around Rawai there are about 10. There was a British guy who stabbed an American to death after a bar brawl last year here, so they do draw a bad element in my opinion. Do you know much about the mayor of Patong and his son? Do you know about the Patong Tuk Tuk Association? I read you post and you said; "Fortunately most Thai men can deal with drunken falang idiots and they get what they deserve.." So what does that imply? All I said is that this brawl had nothing to do with Thai men... By the way the word sounds like falang, but it is spelled farang. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang and it's also the name of a fruit in Thai. We call it a Guava. I live on the southern end of the island. Until three years ago we didn't have a bank, there where water buffalo and cows right down the road. Now stupid pool villas are everywhere. But where I live it's still quiet, other than the crickets right now and the birds in the day and there's a nice beach with 83ºF water that I swim at several days a week. So obviously, you don't really know me...

Right Jimi.. I dont know you and you don't know me.. I apologise.. I reacted to your first reply because you completely misinterpreted my post.. I understand now that my statement could have appeared to imply i was refering to this particular incident but infact I was simply making a general comment about Thai men generally being competent fighters when drunken idiots get out of hand.. I have read the whole thread and of course I have no idea exactely what happened and who was involved.. i have no argument with your statements about Phuket.. I am not familiar with the area or any of the locals and of course I'm sure there are still nice unspoit areas around the island.. I am also aware that the word farang is usually spelt with an r but who decides the 'correct ' spelling of thai words in English letters? i don't know i just spell it the way it sounds.. whatever.. fwiw I have never lived in Thailand.. I have stayed for 6 months and 4 months a few times.. most of those times in the North East and Samui.. Cheers ;)

Right Jimi.. I dont know you and you don't know me.. I apologise.. I reacted to your first reply because you completely misinterpreted my post.. I understand now that my statement could have appeared to imply i was refering to this particular incident but infact I was simply making a general comment about Thai men generally being competent fighters when drunken idiots get out of hand.. I have read the whole thread and of course I have no idea exactely what happened and who was involved.. i have no argument with your statements about Phuket.. I am not familiar with the area or any of the locals and of course I'm sure there are still nice unspoit areas around the island.. I am also aware that the word farang is usually spelt with an r but who decides the 'correct ' spelling of thai words in English letters? i don't know i just spell it the way it sounds.. whatever.. fwiw I have never lived in Thailand.. I have stayed for 6 months and 4 months a few times.. most of those times in the North East and Samui.. Cheers ;)

No problem then and thanks for your apology. I do appreciate it. I have lived in Thailand for most of seven years. Six of them in Phuket. And I have seen a lot of change here. Mostly not for the good. But it took me several years to adapt and accept things for what they are. I am known in my community and liked. It's a little embarrassing at times at how well I am treated... smile.gif

No need to apologize for others. Yep, alot of Thais would act that way in the US if given the opportunity. Let's see, a whole lot if drop outs, misfits and individuals with weird vices leave to US to spend time in Thailand. Not exactly the most desirable individuals . . . The US, however, doesn't just let any Thai in and those they get here are usually higher economic and social standing. If we let every misfit Thai who was running from something enter the US, then we would have even more issues due to economic conditions and their inability to make a decent wage. In theory, foreign countries create their own monsters by letting any one and everyone in their borders all in the name of infusing foreign currency into their economy. Perhaps they should apologize for letting in the undesirables.

I am not American, but I agree with this sentiment. Look at the reputation of Mexican and Filipino imports in the US. If they let all Thais in too, the gunslinging 14 yr old motorbike gangs would be the first to apply ...

So much visceral bigotry, holier-than-thou attitudes, hypocrisy and keyboard rage on this forum, I often wonder why.

A report about a bar fight, a young man attacked by 10 people who stood his ground and did what any man with a pair of balls would do, fight back.

Good luck to him, I say!

Have none of you ever been picked on by bullies? Have none of you ever stood your ground and fought for your honour?

There is more to this story than meets the eye, and although I'm not saying Mr. Browning's side of the story is the full truth,

Edited by LivinginKata
News story not related to Thailand removed

Not meaning to get off the direct subject matter on hand ....but speaking of violence.

Basically many Thai guys found around the toursit bar areas would like to beat up some foriegners who act like "A holes" when they get drunk.

I have seen a few one on one fights and the Thai guy did not fair very well and other tourists had to break it up because they felt sorry for the poor Thai guy.

Some fights were started by the Thai guy(s) and others were started by the obnoxious forienger(s)

You can assume alcohol was a major factor.

Sometimes a fight just beaks out when 10 seconds before nothing was going on that warranted your attention.

On Patpong road, 20 years ago I witnessed 2 young guys take on 7 of the upstairs rip off joint bouncers / bar boys.

They came tumbling out of the bar entrance being kicked and assaulted and ended up on the street fighing with them and surprisingly they turned the fight around and started to beat on the Thai guys.

I remember none of the street vendors said anything or tried to stop the violence.

I was expecting bottles or any thing on hand to be used as weapons by the Thai guys but they simply backed off and skulked back to the entrance of the bar at the bottom of the stairs.

However, one of the young foreigner guys was adrenalin pumped and wanted some revenge and he was taunting them and calling them out on to the street wanting to have a go at them again.

His friend had better sense and dragged him away.

It can turn violent real fast sometimes!

Edited by gemguy

At least he didn't kill anybody, what's the latest on the last steroided out Muay Thai freak that killed the marine?

Check the news source we can't mention on here, there's an update. It sounds like he didn't file a proper appeal to his extradition and he may be back soon.

So much visceral bigotry, holier-than-thou attitudes, hypocrisy and keyboard rage on this forum, I often wonder why.

A report about a bar fight, a young man attacked by 10 people who stood his ground and did what any man with a pair of balls would do, fight back.

Good luck to him, I say!

Have none of you ever been picked on by bullies? Have none of you ever stood your ground and fought for your honour?

There is more to this story than meets the eye, and although I'm not saying Mr. Browning's side of the story is the full truth,

Have you watched the youtube video posted earlier on this thread showing Junie getting drunk and tryiing to fight anything that moved?

Lol do you really think this was an innocent young man getting attacked ?

The guy is obviously a psycho..

and personally if I was attacked by 10 people in a bar I run away if I had a chance lol!

I'd call that common sense and I'd call the guy with 'pair of balls' fighting back an idiot.. Lol !

Good luck to him, I say!

Have you watched the youtube video posted earlier on this thread showing Junie getting drunk and tryiing to fight anything that moved?

and personally if I was attacked by 10 people in a bar I run away if I had a chance lol!

I'd call that common sense and I'd call the guy with 'pair of balls' fighting back an idiot.. Lol !

LOL..... just joining in with the kiddy speak.

But in essence you are right, and as I said much earlier .... if it looks like a prick, acts like a prick and talks like a prick... it isn't a duck.

Good luck to him, I say!

The man who attacked Mr. Browning in the bar was Simon Menzies:

"According to bloodyelbow.com and prommanow.com, Browning gave the following account of the Phuket incident on his Facebook page:

Wow, what a helluva weekend?!.. Some [expletive] named Sie Menzies and about 10 of his friends started a fight with me, I guess just to test a ''UFC fighter guy'' at his [expletive] little bar in Karan Thailand"

Sie Menzies has got a track record of provocation and violence, see below:

Threat to blow up NT plane

SARAH CRAWFORD | April 24th, 2011

A MAN on a flight to Darwin threatened to "smash" the captain and blow the plane up after cabin crew refused to serve him more booze.

Sydney man Simon Wilson Menzies, 31, was drunk and angry when he told the female cabin crew manager on a flight this week that he could"bring the plane down if he wanted."

Menzies said: "I'm half muslim, half Aboriginal and everyone else is a white a*******. I could f******blow up the plane."

He then began to sing a song about the plane crashing and everyone dying.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/04/24/227371_ntnews.html

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/449803-latest-passenger-rage-mk-ii-keep-clean.html

Edited by metisdead
Edited per fair use policy.

The man who attacked Mr. Browning in the bar was Simon Menzies:

"According to bloodyelbow.com and prommanow.com, Browning gave the following account of the Phuket incident on his Facebook page:

Wow, what a helluva weekend?!.. Some [expletive] named Sie Menzies and about 10 of his friends started a fight with me, I guess just to test a ''UFC fighter guy'' at his [expletive] little bar in Karan Thailand"

Sie Menzies has got a track record of provocation and violence, see below:

Threat to blow up NT plane

SARAH CRAWFORD | April 24th, 2011

A MAN on a flight to Darwin threatened to "smash" the captain and blow the plane up after cabin crew refused to serve him more booze.

Sydney man Simon Wilson Menzies, 31, was drunk and angry when he told the female cabin crew manager on a flight this week that he could"bring the plane down if he wanted."

Menzies said: "I'm half muslim, half Aboriginal and everyone else is a white a*******. I could f******blow up the plane."

He then began to sing a song about the plane crashing and everyone dying.

http://www.ntnews.co...371_ntnews.html

http://www.pprune.or...keep-clean.html

Child Counsellor?Sounds a great role model for the Aboriginal community doesn't he?

Browning certainly got banged up pretty good if the pictures are any indication.

http://bjpenn.com/ne...assy-10030.html

Some of the comments are classic.... seems it isn't only the terminally sceptical and pessimistic TV crowd that aren't buying his 'Victim' claims...

and why, when your facebook posts are in profanity and bravado laden speak, do you try and write in quasi legalese???

“who had been drinking in celebration previous to our arrival”.

“Without any notice I found myself in a physical altercation”

“Security and Patong Police arrived and restrained all parties.”

“See, I’m really not a thug, I can use big words like ‘restrained’, ‘altercation’ and even phrases like ‘previous (sic) to our arrival’”

Browning certainly got banged up pretty good if the pictures are any indication.

http://bjpenn.com/ne...assy-10030.html

Some of the comments are classic.... seems it isn't only the terminally sceptical and pessimistic TV crowd that aren't buying his 'Victim' claims...

and why, when your facebook posts are in profanity and bravado laden speak, do you try and write in quasi legalese???

“who had been drinking in celebration previous to our arrival”.

“Without any notice I found myself in a physical altercation”

“Security and Patong Police arrived and restrained all parties.”

“See, I’m really not a thug, I can use big words like ‘restrained’, ‘altercation’ and even phrases like ‘previous (sic) to our arrival’”

Not sure who the ghostwriter is, but whoever banged on his head did a good job !;)