Victory Monument

The Gentleman Scamp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always tell visitors Anusawaree commerates the fact that Thailand did the catering in WW1 and WW2.  :o

Phoo Pun Somchai. What did you do in the war to earn your title?

Artillery Sir.

Artillery? Really Phoo Pun Somchai>? I was under the impresson all you lot did was catering?

Krap Pom. I was in charge of all our shelling activities. Peas mostly. Also some nuts Sir. It was courage under fire sir. They American GIs they kept wanting that flame grilled feeling Sir. :D

Seriously, these monuments for wars and stuff, they are all a bit crap really. Nice to remember it, but would it not be better to make some movies about heros and stuff, historically correct ones like the Patriot and that other Mel Gibson one where he yells 'freedom' at the end? That way people would know what really happened back in those days.

The soldiers can be a cantakerous bunch though; I've copped a fair bit of racist flack but never so much as when I went to the RSA for one of their lunches; even after 30 years, the old buggers were convinced I was the enemy that they had been fighting back then.... Ah well, I still took care of a few peas for them anyway:-)