Koh Kood

songhklasid

G,Day all, I was thinking of a few days @ koh kood mid april, but according to agoda,hotels2 thailand website they are pretty pricey, whats the best beaches on KK, any resort recomondations,my son wants to go snorkelling, I am thinking we can stay on koh chang & do a day boat trip snorkelling, any comments welcome.

thanking you songhklasid B) B) B)

Yes, Koh Kood is pricey indeed and I think Koh Chang to stay and doing some day trips is quite a good idea. oo.

You do not need to go to Koh Kood for snorkeling, there is great places in shorter reach on the way to Koh Maak, too but a day trip to Koh Kood

is an excellent idea since the island is a real natural paradise, explore the beautiful waterfalls a other points of interest. If deciding to stay on Koh Chang,

let me know, I live here for many years and may be of help with info and tips.

If you are in Facebook, look out for Koh Chang Ticker, a great source run by a friend... Plenty of insider tips...

Yes, Koh Kood is pricey indeed and I think Koh Chang to stay and doing some day trips is quite a good idea. oo.

You do not need to go to Koh Kood for snorkeling, there is great places in shorter reach on the way to Koh Maak, too but a day trip to Koh Kood

is an excellent idea since the island is a real natural paradise, explore the beautiful waterfalls a other points of interest. If deciding to stay on Koh Chang,

If you are in Facebook, look out for Koh Chang Ticker, a great source run by a friend... Plenty of insider tips...

Thankyou for info, last time i was on koh chang was about 8 yrs ago, I stayed @ kai bae beach, kb resort, I liked that part & further south of island, but kb want 2000 baht/nite in april, any alternatives?

rgds songhklasid.B) B) B)

Greetings people. You may or may not know about this but the Away resort in Koh Kood has been going through some quite major changes during 2011 which now completed sees them having replaced the Island Tents they had at the back row with Duplex Bungalows, make a new activities centre which now makes their;s the largest dive and activities centre on the island, create a new beach in front of their resort that is 200 meters long, so now one of the best and most private beaches on the island (due to its headland position so no one walks by to go anywhere), a new common area swimming pool, new pub, just about everything it and most of the island resorts on Koh Kood may have been previously missing. I have just recently been there. Quite superb.

http://awayresorts.com/

post-123555-0-49763800-1324291625_thumb.

post-123555-0-93949000-1324291638_thumb.

post-123555-0-51996400-1324291662_thumb.

• 5 months later...

Thankyou for info, last time i was on koh chang was about 8 yrs ago, I stayed @ kai bae beach, kb resort, I liked that part & further south of island, but kb want 2000 baht/nite in april, any alternatives?

rgds songhklasid.cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

I am one of those people that stayed on Kai Bae way way back and it was great. However, regularly going back to Kai Bae these days and there's hardly any beach there at all

Koh Kood is a beautiful island and way more remote and quiet than Koh Chang, Koh Kood resort is a good choice, not more pricey than your average up class bungalows on Koh Chang, with great service and staff, beautiful tropical garden and like many resorts on Koh Kood, a private bay and pier.

A wide variety on western and Thai food and drinks and a seafood bbq every night.

The snorkeling is way better than on many places around koh chang, due to the obvious, a whole lot less traffic in the water and visitors.

Also the waterfalls are worth a trip, more easy to reach and more impressive and nicer to swim in than the once you have to pay 200 baht for to see on Koh Chang.

Don't write Koh Kood off that easily it is a great place for a laid back holiday...

On Facebook look for Koh Chang, the site thats in dutch and english run by a friend of mine, great info and pictures on both Koh Chang and surrounding islands!

Edited by Carry

• 1 month later...

there are only resorts on the island? No bungalows/cheap accomodations at all? And what about rent a house for some months? Thai standards is fine. Prices? Right now have boats from Laemngop and bangbao too?

Many thanks

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Cant bring your own car and in low season only the slow wooden boat from Laemgob [300 baht singel trip p.p.], sure some bungalows cheaper then others, no big market for private houses, barely any electricity only generators.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's two ferry's a day leaving from Laem Sok on the mainland. Larger passenger boats. I believe they leave around 11 AM. You can take a motorbike on them if you wish. The only way to get a car to Koh Kood is by barge. The old boat that ran up the Trat River to Koh Kood is now freight only. That trip used to be great. Nice old wooden boat doing the scenic tour.

The ocean seems a lot clearer than Koh Chang. I think the minimum price now for a bungalow is around 1000 baht.

I prefer Koh Kood over Koh Chang any day. A much slower pace.

Edited by drift

• 1 month later...

Koh Mak is nice too and has many cheap options if you're not looking for resort style. From Laem Ngop there's a speedboat for I think 450 baht. The catamaran that is 350 baht isn't running right now, but should be soon. From Koh Chang you can take the slow wooden boat for 350-400 baht (350 if you book more than a day in advance from certain travel agents). Sorry but I don't know much about traveling to Koh Kood.

• 9 months later...

i have been there last april it was great im thinking to go again in november i had cheap bungalows to for 500 thb every one is saying its expensive but its not so bad when you look around clong chao area close to the water fall. The way i found cheap place to stay was in koh kood divers there in klong chao on the t seaction and they helpt me with finding a place to also i looked ad there web site they also can arange bungalows or rooms before you come so you are shore you have a place to stay there web site is www.kohkooddivers.com

tel + (66)0856984122

Edited by duchie

i have been there last april it was great im thinking to go again in november i had cheap bungalows to for 500 thb every one is saying its expensive but its not so bad when you look around clong chao area close to the water fall. The way i found cheap place to stay was in koh kood divers there in klong chao on the t seaction and they helpt me with finding a place to also i looked ad there web site they also can arange bungalows or rooms before you come so you are shore you have a place to stay there web site is www.kohkooddivers.com

tel + (66)0856984122

• Like 1

• 5 years later...