Test Of My New GH2

Tywais

Just got my Panasonic GH2 today with 14-140mm lens and went out to test it. Clearly have a lot to learn as my consistency was not very good. :) Just an outdoor test photo under good lighting as I still have to work out indoor white balance techniques.

post-566-0-70985200-1324366343_thumb.jpg

f6.3

ISO 160

54mm (108mm 35mm Equivalent)

1/200 second

• 2 weeks later...

Spot on focus; did you do that manually? Could you focus that close to the flower or is the image cropped?

Very pleasing image, are you happy with your new toy?

Sorry for the delay, very busy this time of season. Autofocus and no cropping done, only scaled down to post here. I'm still trying to fully figure out the different focusing methods the camera has.

Happy and sometimes frustrated with it due to all the options/features and learning the different modes - A/P/SP/AP etc. and when to apply. White balance still need practice to understand proper settings under different lighting conditions.

Here is another shot of the same thing and same day/time but with my 100-300mm (200-600 35mm equivalent) lens. Curious as to the background just completely disappearing into black though I like the effect.

f6.3

1/1000s

ISO160

300mm (600 35mm equivalent). Obviously had to step quite a way back for this one. Scaled down only for the forum.

post-566-0-77409700-1325501890_thumb.jpg

//Edit - looks like a change in the system software. Tried to upload a 2048 pixel wide (494kB) image to match the first one but it gets downsized to 1200. It is equally as sharp focused as the 1st one but harder to compare due to the scale difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tywais,

Flowers really need a DOF to show their full blossom. Yours in my view only shows the "tip of the Ice Berg" and not the whole flower.

Try, say f11 or more and not too cloose as you Kan crop a photo of that size to get what you want out of it.

I have the same flowers as well btw. They should repel snakes ?!?

Good post and wish you the very best with your new camera.

BTW just as an experiment take the same photo with your old P&S if you still have one and look at the results!!!!! Makes you think twice???

Win wai.gif

Here is another shot of the same thing and same day/time but with my 100-300mm (200-600 35mm equivalent) lens. Curious as to the background just completely disappearing into black though I like the effect.

f6.3

1/1000s

ISO160

300mm (600 35mm equivalent). Obviously had to step quite a way back for this one. Scaled down only for the forum.

post-566-0-77409700-1325501890_thumb.jpg

//Edit - looks like a change in the system software. Tried to upload a 2048 pixel wide (494kB) image to match the first one but it gets downsized to 1200. It is equally as sharp focused as the 1st one but harder to compare due to the scale difference.