21-Year-Old Swede Found Dead On Superyacht In Phuket

webfact

Swede found dead on superyacht in Phuket

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-11755ZKNtTpuAGPXSTAJuhlhvjchkJj.jpg

Phuket Kusoldharm Foundation workers accept the body of the late Ms Lindgren, who was just 21 at the time of her death.

phuket-4-11755JAACcLqisAbacUITtAAOPgfLQL.jpg

Phuket Kusoldharm Foundation worker Kritsada Suwannaroj thinks the young Swede passed away in the early hours of yesterday.

PHUKET: -- Phuket Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a Swedish woman whose body was discovered yesterday in the cabin of a superyacht where she worked as a crew member.

Devina Marie Lindgren, 21, was found dead aboard a private yacht moored off Patong Beach yesterday.

The 90-meter yacht Lauren L, taking part in the Asia Region Superyacht Rendezvous, was making the journey from Langkawi to Koh Yao in Phang Nga Bay. The vessel was anchored in Patong Bay when fellow crew members discovered Miss Lindgren's body in her cabin.

Once aware of the tragedy, the crew sailed Lauren L to Phuket Deep Sea Port, where they were met by police, medical and rescue staff.

Capt Sakon Krainara of the Phuket City Police told Phuket Gazette, “The body of Miss Lindgren, a guest relations employee aboard the private yacht, was discovered by a crew member.”

“A doctor at the scene examined Miss Lindgren's body before its transfer to the Vachira Phuket Hospital morgue. He believed that she had a pre-existing medical condition that might have led to her death. They are in possession of her medical file,” Capt Sakon revealed.

“The Swedish consulate has notified relatives,” he added.

Phuket Kusoldharm Foundation worker Kritsada Suwannaroj told the Phuket Gazette, “She was found dead in her cabin at 7am by a co-worker who came to check on her when she didn't report for work.”

He estimated the time of death at about 2am the same day.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2011/article11755.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-12-20

Why suspicious?

People that have an aneurysm (a weakness in a vital artery) can die at any time in their life.

Why suspicious? I think because things of this type seem to happen so very much more in Thailand than in the rest of the world. Sure, it could have been an unfortunate, unknown preexisting medical condition. But highly unlikely.

Why suspicious?

People that have an aneurysm (a weakness in a vital artery) can die at any time in their life.

Why suspicious? I think because things of this type seem to happen so very much more in Thailand than in the rest of the world. Sure, it could have been an unfortunate, unknown preexisting medical condition. But highly unlikely.

No, the same everywhere. All over the world people die unexpectedly, from pre existing conditions, from accidents, etc. But whenever this happens here people come with all kind of cover up suspicions.

Why suspicious?

No, the same everywhere. All over the world people die unexpectedly, from pre existing conditions, from accidents, etc. But whenever this happens here people come with all kind of cover up suspicions.

Must be a conspiracy, she was probably a CIA spy!

Why suspicious?

KarenBrave you are obviously a new arrival in Thailand. You will change your opinions after 7 years here like me.

A beautiful young Swedish girl employed in a "guest relations" capacity on a super yacht dies in Thailand.

The article about her death gets pulled from the local paper, in a place known for its rampant corruption and impunity by the powers that be.

If you don't smell a rat you've probably got a cold. . .

KarenBrave you are obviously a new arrival in Thailand. You will change your opinions after 7 years here like me.

Please ......don't embarrass yourself.

Seven years is less than a quarter of the time I've been living here laugh.gif

No embarrassment here. It is not a competition to see who is here the longest. Take your blinkers off.

Edited by LivinginKata
quote repaired

No embarrassment here. It is not a competition to see who is here the longest. Take your blinkers off.

You started the "I've been here longer than you bullsh1t".

Have you any evidence for foul play?

No......I didn't think so.......

Oh....and I fixed your quote.

Edited by LivinginKata
and I fixed the original post

Why suspicious?

Where do the story say she had a weakness in a vital artery?

It doesn't. It was an example of how someone quite young could die of natural causes without foul play.

Either you didn't read the entire thread, or, your reading comprehension isn't up to par.

Do please try to keep up.....

Why suspicious?

“A doctor at the scene examined Miss Lindgren's body before its transfer to the Vachira Phuket Hospital morgue. He believed that she had a pre-existing medical condition that might have led to her death. They are in possession of her medical file,” Capt Sakon revealed.

Maybe that will jog your memory mate :whistling:

Why suspicious?

Did you read the part in the article that states: “A doctor at the scene examined Miss Lindgren's body before its transfer to the Vachira Phuket Hospital morgue. He believed that she had a pre-existing medical condition that might have led to her death. They are in possession of her medical file,” Capt Sakon revealed.

The Phuket Gazette is about the most unreliable news source there is here, but according to some, there must be something suspicious if someone dies in Phuket.

May the young woman rest in peace.

Why suspicious?

It doesn't. It was an example of how someone quite young could die of natural causes without foul play.

Either you didn't read the entire thread, or, your reading comprehension isn't up to par.

Do please try to keep up.....

Thanks for a polite reply…..says a lot more about your total blindness that my reading ability :D

Why suspicious?

I agree with you Karen. You have to take much of the commentary in these threads with a pinch of salt. Or better, just read the article and log out.