Pay Per Day Swimming Pools In Cm

Steve2UK

Hi all,

Any recommendations for lap/length swimming pools on a pay per day basis for the next few weeks? I prefer north or west of the city as I'm in the Chang Puek area. I'm thinking about a place I can go to for about an hour of steady swimming say between 9 & 11am daily - and not full of families, kids etc. Oh - and well-maintained would be a major plus......... :o

Is the CMU pool available on that basis?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Any recommendations for lap/length swimming pools on a pay per day basis for the next few weeks? I prefer north or west of the city as I'm in the Chang Puek area. I'm thinking about a place I can go to for about an hour of steady swimming say between 9 & 11am daily - and not full of families, kids etc. Oh - and well-maintained would be a major plus.........  :o

Thanks in advance.

Lotus Hotel right next to the Chiang Mai Orchid Huay Kaew Road. Very clean 100 Bhat.

There's quite a few smaller pools in many moobans in Chiang Mai. We use one called Jia Jia sport club. It's in Mooban Tanawan near Rumchok market (near the new Rimping). It has a 25m pool and a kiddies pool. Costs are 50 baht per day or 25 baht if you're a member (600 baht per year).

Lotus pool is great too. However; there can be many tourists there on some days.

Also, if you find a pool that is not freezing cold, let me know.

You can't really go past the extremely large pool at the Amari Rincome Hotel. Plenty of room and very clean. It also has a poolside bar :D

Agee absolutely that this was an excellent option. Many's the time we've taken the kids to the Amari pool for the day, enjoyed the excellent buffet-lunch, and really enjoyed ourselves.

BUT regretably when we went to do this two weeks ago, we were told that non-residents may no longer use the Amari pool , change in policy since July. :o

So we will no longer be recommending the Amari, as a place to stay, or eating in their lunch-buffet.

Recommend other CM-residents also to vote with their feet - until the management reverse this short-sighted policy. :D

Hi all,

Any recommendations for lap/length swimming pools on a pay per day basis for the next few weeks? I prefer north or west of the city as I'm in the Chang Puek area. I'm thinking about a place I can go to for about an hour of steady swimming say between 9 & 11am daily - and not full of families, kids etc. Oh - and well-maintained would be a major plus.........  :o

Thanks in advance.

Lotus Hotel right next to the Chiang Mai Orchid Huay Kaew Road. Very clean 100 Bhat.

Thanks for all the tips. I got Kerryk's suggestion in time to head over to the Orchid pool today (got there about 4.30 and it was empty). It's on the 3rd floor, btw, so just wander up and take a look. Not sure about the 100 baht per day as they seemed to want you to take a membership if you're not staying at the hotel itself. 1 month is 1,200 baht, 6 months 5,000 and 12 months 8,000. Even for just my 3-week stay this time, the 1,200 baht works out fine for me as I'll be using it at least once a day (no further charges once you're a member and it also includes use of the gym equipment/machines).

The pool is 25 metres long and a good width - depth goes from 1.2 metres to 2.2 metres. Connected to it at the shallow end is a 90cm paddling pool. Sun-loungers and a bar. And the water certainly wasn't cold......... One thing I didn't know - you need your own padlock to secure the lockers in the changing room.

Hmmm..... re-reading Kerryk's post, seems like I went to the wrong hotel! Still, I found what suited me - so thanks for that :D

I swim at the Princess Hotel Road near the golden star hotel.  70B per day.  Smallish pool open at 10am.

I hear that chiangmailand has a big pool as well. :o

Tried the Lotus Hotel located near the Central Shopping Centre and they only allow for members to enter pool, 1200 baht for the month so they must have changed there 100 baht a day policy???, looks a fine hotel but i never got as far as the pool because i wasnt paying for a month. Then went to Chiang Mai Land sports centre and that was a fine pool, has one big pool with a shallow end for kids about 1/5th of the size of the pool and the rest is deep. They also have a small pool for kids just beside the main pool. Probably wouldnt be any good for people serious about swimming but for someone that just likes to take a dip or bring the family out for the day it would be spot on. Also has a restaurant and bar but you cant bring food or drink poolside which is a bit of a shame, restaurant has nice food and very reasonable prices, singha only 35 baht. Also they provide lockers for 20 baht but they dont allow you to bring bags poolside either, a towel, camera etc is ok but no bags allowed, seems silly to me but maybe there is a good reason.

Only 50baht for the day regardless of wheter your farang or thai but there is also yearly memberships which were great value, kids 200 baht for the year but im not sure what the fee was for adults i think either 300 or 500 for the year, even if you were here for the month 500 baht is great value. There is also about 6 tennis courts there but im not sure if they are extra or not, the people using them seemed to be kitted out in proper tennis gear so maybe its membership.

Getting There: It cost 80 Baht from Central Shopping Centre but its a good distance out. Not sure exactly where it is but its not too far from the Airport Plaza Central Shopping Centre.

700 Year sports complex, north along the canal road, has a proper Olympic size pool that's usually empty. Plus the diving platforms are open if you want to jump. That 10m platform is higher than you think! I believe it's 40 baht per day for swimming or 20 baht with membership (maybe 500 baht?). Best place in town for laps in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
You can't really go past the extremely large pool at the Amari Rincome Hotel. Plenty of room and very clean. It also has a poolside bar :D

Agee absolutely that this was an excellent option. Many's the time we've taken the kids to the Amari pool for the day, enjoyed the excellent buffet-lunch, and really enjoyed ourselves.

BUT regretably when we went to do this two weeks ago, we were told that non-residents may no longer use the Amari pool , change in policy since July. :o

Same here! So disappointing. Across Huay Kaew, the Hillside 3 has a pool 100 bht.

So we will no longer be recommending the Amari, as a place to stay, or eating in their lunch-buffet.

Recommend other CM-residents also to vote with their feet - until the management reverse this short-sighted policy. :D

700 Year sports complex, north along the canal road, has a proper Olympic size pool that's usually empty. Plus the diving platforms are open if you want to jump. That 10m platform is higher than you think! I believe it's 40 baht per day for swimming or 20 baht with membership (maybe 500 baht?). Best place in town for laps in my opinion.

:o Very cool platforms!!!

So where's this one at?