New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

I think it will take time to get used to.

For now it has the look of an ugly new girlfriend - you want to like it but you are not convinced !

It's like the old days - can quote the OP. Will this last?

I always hated the previous setup - but I suppose you can used to anything.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke up this morning, turned on TV and thought "whow, I must really have a horrible hangover". Then I remembered that I didn't have anything to drink last night! Maybe the creator of this "new look" did!post-4641-1156693976.gif

Difficult to see the different panes in a thread. White boxes on a white background with slightly off-white borders isn't all that helpful smile.gif

I can't be arsed scrolling back up to the top of the page when I've finished reading a topic.

Please put the 'back to the top' button back!

There may be the same amount of ads as before but they're much more 'in your face' now.

I hope that easier navigation of the site is a priority, at first glance it looks like it just got harder!

P.S. I like the 'rollover' on a poster's name to access the PM function, but if my internet was slow (like it would be if I was in Thailand!) then I wouldn't be all that impressed with it.

Edited by bifftastic

Horrible, and so many ads it's ridiculous.

Who's in charge of your marketing? Ad overload does nothing for your sponsors, its just plain greedy.

Agree with you, so many ads, it's ridiculous, I can't find the threads between the ads, everything is at the same level

Total overload, makes me angry with the advertisers that totally spoil my reading. If I want any service I will chose anybody but the ad on my screen. It's just like getting in a store with all the sales people jumping at you, each trying to push his own product. Total feeling of agression !

I've the feeling someone is really getting too greedy here !

George,

I can't seem to find a way to post "private messages". Archived messages seem to be included in a "conversation" section, but I can't find a way to send new private messages to a poster.

Thanks.

Top right had corner next to user name. Not very visible but I suppose that will be fixed.

My Edit function is not working.

What exactly are you trying to edit?

Was trying to edit a post.

Edit: Working now?

If you hover over over the bottom right hand corner with the mouse all the options for the post appear.

The only thing that kept me coming back to the forum was the ticker that allowed you to filter most of the daily 20 pages down to a few and then usually I would select one of the ticker items and then click on one or two of them. I would then click on mark all items read.

Now I am not able to find a mark all read option and the ticker is gone. dam_n if I want to click through 20 pages today and then 40 tomorrow.

Will try it a couple more days and if not resolved I will quit my daily visits.

Posts look nice (though not great for smaller screens) and main forum page is tight, but sub-fora are less clear - guess that's the idea to get people clicking around eh whistling.gif.

Like the smiley bar and multi-quote reply button but could do with the return of the sub-fora drop-down menu.

Overall, the other was easier to decipher and a big improvement over previous upgrade.

The font seems bigger which is a plus for me---but I guess there is a reason to change it all.

One can always adjust font globally by holding down 'ctrl' and scrolling mouse wheel... probably Apple button & + on Mac.

I dont care about the ad's as I do not see them with my setup

But the individual forums seem to lack contrast now?

I don't remember the exact colors of the former setup but this one seems

to run into itself.

Can't really pick out threads easily?....too much use of blue in text colors?

Other than that I can get use to anything.....but that drop down jump to forum XX that went missing

was a nice feature at the bottom of any page/thread

Hope that one comes back.

Edited by flying

George, I can't seem to find a way to post "private messages". Archived messages seem to be included in a "conversation" section, but I can't find a way to send new private messages to a poster. Thanks.
Top right had corner next to user name. Not very visible but I suppose that will be fixed.

Sorry, Rooo, I still can't see the icon for PM. However, if I hover the pointer over the poster's name, a box will pop-up where there is a button saying "send message". Question: where can I see the messages I received. I cannot see the menu item with a number on it indicated the number of messages received.

Thanks.

Haven't had a chance to check on PC, but is not very convenient to read on my Blackberry.

The old format would automatically format for mobile devices to fit the screen, so you only needed to scroll down.

The new format does not do this, so if trying to read on BB, you have to also scroll left and right as the sentences run of the screen.

This makes it very inconvenient to try and read.

I have just looked at this new set up and it gave me a head ache. At last you have made up my mind delete TV from my comp GOOD BY TO ALL IT WAS GOOD ONCE.

LOL... "delete TV from my comp..."

BYE BYE OLD MAN!

Door, arse, etc...

The only thing that kept me coming back to the forum was the ticker that allowed you to filter most of the daily 20 pages down to a few and then usually I would select one of the ticker items and then click on one or two of them. I would then click on mark all items read.

Now I am not able to find a mark all read option and the ticker is gone. dam_n if I want to click through 20 pages today and then 40 tomorrow.

Will try it a couple more days and if not resolved I will quit my daily visits.

Goodbye then.

IMHO it's a refreshing change and if some of the whiners here surfed on other forums (broaden your horizons?), they would realize that this is the newer, better way to go. It's got a few bugs that will be ironed out quickly. But who (apart from bdenner) browses their OLD messages? Eight months back? That is seriously sad.

The only drawback I see is for those in Nakhon Nowhere with low-baud dialup or carrier pigeon connections. But, the upside is they will not be whining much on TV either.

I have found an Aldis Lamp in the attic; PM me if you want it.

Edited by NanLaew

Two issues:

(1) In the list of forum thread titles (e.g. http://www.thaivisa....m-support-desk/, there is no option to jump to a page higher than "Next." In the old version there were options to jump to 1, 2, 3, 4, ... last, next. Now, just "Next"

(1a) Related: clicking on "Load more topics" doesn't seem to be functional

(2) Going to a user's profile to view their posts only shows five posts. (Presumably it shows that five more recent posts, but not sure)