• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not very easy on the eyes and my eyesight is fine. Gives me eyestrain

Also the pinned topics get in the way.

Worst of all the topics and sub forum are one big blur because of no colour distinction or marker between them. Makes it very difficult to scan over for those of us in a hurry.

George,

I can't seem to find a way to post "private messages". Archived messages seem to be included in a "conversation" section, but I can't find a way to send new private messages to a poster.

Thanks.

Top right had corner next to user name. Not very visible but I suppose that will be fixed.

On my display using Firefox, the previously standalone, always visible PM button near the user's name has been replaced by a pop-up box that only appears when you mouse-over the member's name... Then the PM option shows up in that pop-up box.

The other thing I noticed was... under my ID's pulldown menu in the upper right corner, under "My Content," the content listings under "See this member's topics and posts," "posts only," and "topics only" appear to be blank...with nothing showing.

Also, I notice, I haven't received any TV "watch topic" notification emails since prior to last night's system software update.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Overall I do like the new format but just a couple of missing features from the old version (probably down to my settings??) are when I used to click a topic I had already viewed it would to take me to the first unread articicle since I last opened it - now it is taking back to the beginning of the thread. Also, as others have mentioned, the Android version on my SGII just shows the standard web page rather than one that was optimised for the small screen before.

Ignore my first issue - found out I need to click on the threads icon rather than title to take me to unread posts.

Where is the scoll box at the bottom to switch between the forums ?

Please bring this back as it is very usefull, otherwise i would like to stick with the old version.

If you click on the icon to the right of the "View New Content" button, it will open quick navigation - much like the previous drop down box. See below.

post-7683-0-81767000-1324537288_thumb.jp

George, I can't seem to find a way to post "private messages". Archived messages seem to be included in a "conversation" section, but I can't find a way to send new private messages to a poster. Thanks.
Top right had corner next to user name. Not very visible but I suppose that will be fixed.

Sorry, Rooo, I still can't see the icon for PM. However, if I hover the pointer over the poster's name, a box will pop-up where there is a button saying "send message". Question: where can I see the messages I received. I cannot see the menu item with a number on it indicated the number of messages received.

Thanks.

List being populated from old Board of what I understand.licklips.gif

When clicking on the "My content" button it's pulling up stuff where the last post was months ago and sticking it near the top. Am I being thick and missing something or is there a problem? Thanks.

All being attended too as we speak.

Bug:

Right after clicking "post," the screen goes blank with one Google ad line at the top. Happened just within the last 15 minutes, 3 out of 4 posts. No "back button" option. Have to close down the tab and reopen thread to see most recent post. Using Google Chrome.

Bug:

Right after clicking "post," the screen goes blank with one Google ad line at the top. Happened just within the last 15 minutes, 3 out of 4 posts. No "back button" option. Have to close down the tab and reopen thread to see most recent post. Using Google Chrome.

Confirmed bug, I have reported to software vendor and it will be attended asap. Thanks!

I like it, I'm using an iPad and the changes seem to be aesthically pleasing while still maintaining the brand, one piece of feedback: I think it would be nicer if the banner and AdSense to the right was removed so the main forum content area could be centred on the screen, I like symmetry - I understand that it's prime page real estate and the site needs to make money, it's not a big deal, overall I think it's an improvement once the little niggles are ironed out!

Spoke to soon earlier.. appears to work fine now + and that is a BIG PLUS this new look has sorted out the classified problems, can get the classified fine + with text and photo's [that is a 1st in almost a year of trying]

Do I like it ? well it appears to work and without having to go to settings and changing things, so that's a good start

Edit: Appears there is no longer an email stating someone has replied ? also as 'Wallaby' says going back to a post it starts at Post 1, not the last post I read? found out that clicking on the left 'Just items i follow'

Edited by ignis

I think the design is more stylish then how it used to be , think George was looking for something new the old gits could complain about ...again....change is a good thing , good job George .

Not really. The previous version of the forum software didn't give us support guarantee after December 31, so we had to do it. Also the upcoming Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android require this upgrade. We will change and tweak so fast we can.

Agaion, thanks for your feedback. We are reading them all, and try to implement asap.

Ok, I'm warming to it now.

But the contrast is too high, only having 25 post displayed per page is a little too low, it was easier to read when the forum category names were in columns and personally I thought the different envelope icons for read unread etc were clearer than just blob or spikey blob,