Universal Remote Control

Lordfoul

Several months ago saw them in Amorn, left hand side of Icon Computer plaza. They had a lot of different types including universal.

Thanks for the reply .. I was just there today .. unfortunately out of the great wall of remotes, only three were universal and none control a UBC box. I figured if any place would have it, they would.

I remember a couple of years ago .. i saw one somewhere that actually stated that it worked with UBC ... Of course I didn't need one at the time.

The search continues...

/sm

Try Tanin Market off Chotana road.

As you enter Talad Tanin from the first entrance off Chotana, there's an electrical shop on the left, just a few doors from Chotana. They used to have a stack of universal remotes, that might do the trick.

You just need any remote control that can 'learn' commands.

Confirmed.

If you get a programmable remote, you can teach it the signals by means of the original remote, typically by directing the sender/sensor parts of each remote so they face each other and then proceed to assign each command signal from the original remote to the universal one by pressing first a button on the original, and then a button on the univseral remote (which will then perform this command).

It could be that the staff at Amorn thought you needed a remote control that was already enabled for UBC... dealing with sales staff often involves asking the exact questions. It can also be a good idea to ask to read any English manuals/documentation yourself to be able to assess what the equipment can actually do.

Try Tanin Market off Chotana road.

As you enter Talad Tanin from the first entrance off Chotana, there's an electrical shop on the left, just a few doors from Chotana. They used to have a stack of universal remotes, that  might do the trick.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Preferably,but so far i have only found really low quality remotes with no learning functionality.
Amorn also sell UBC remotes, or you can buy from Siam TV

yep But I already have a UBC remote, A TV remote, a Reciever remote, a DVD player remote and an Xbox remote. I would really like to consolidate the mess.

I have a really good universal remote That I bought in the States 5 or 6 years ago (RCA rcu810) But it doesn't Support UBC, Xbox, my Onkyo, and lacks some of My TVs functions.. It has pretty good learning capacity, but not enough for all these devices.

Thanks all

/sm

It could be that the staff at Amorn thought you needed a remote control that was already enabled for UBC... dealing with sales staff often involves asking the exact questions. It can also be a good idea to ask to read any English manuals/documentation yourself to be able to assess what the equipment can actually do.

As always I look before asking, I could only find Three models of remotes that were not specific to a single piece of equipment (or several pieces of equipment by a single manufacturer). I then confirmed this with a sales clerk. On top of that the universal remotes they had were very cheap (sub 500 baht) and poorly made.. I am willing to spend some money on a solid programable remote .. If I can find one.

Thank You

/sm

Edited by Lordfoul

Havn't bothered to look here as I have one already, but if you are looking for the definitive intelligent remote, you can't go past the Pioneer "Smart Remote" It's supplied with the upmarket Pioneer equipment, and can be purchased separtely. Accepts UBC and even the automatic door opener :o

• 4 months later...

> Could anyone point me in the direction of a shop that sells Universal

> remote controls that have support for UBC

UBC, SchUBC.. I need one that supports babies. The mute function first and foremost, anything else is just 'nice to have'.

Anyone?

Cheers,

Chanchao

Confirmed.

If you get a programmable remote, you can teach it the signals by means of the original remote, typically by directing the sender/sensor parts of each remote so they face each other and then proceed to assign each command signal from the original remote to the universal one by pressing first a button on the original, and then a button on the univseral remote (which will then perform this command).

are u serious?? that easy? i have a universal at home. Gonna try this trick tonight.