Birding And Bird Photography In Thailand

garyk

i-t8gVWtG-X3.jpg

I saw this Green Bee Eater a couple of weeks ago in our garden. Very pretty and brave enough to sit within range while I went to fetch the camera.

i-t8gVWtG-X3.jpg

I saw this Green Bee Eater a couple of weeks ago in our garden. Very pretty and brave enough to sit within range while I went to fetch the camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Angiud, just saw some recent butterfly pics.. Nice sets.... on flickr.

Those bee-eater shot are nice... Nice going.

• Like 1

Just as a side note. I was hiking today and found a tiger kill here. I asked the locals and they said it was two days old. It was a wild buffalo or something with huge horns. I speak a little thai. And asked the guy some questions. He said tiger are regular there and were after the elephant babys but could not get to them and got the buffalo. Also they showed me where bears were. I saw the marking on the trees and it was really great. A big first for me. I am heading back tomorrow to just sit and look. The locals said I needed to build a stand in the trees there to photo them? Hummmmm interesting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a side note. I was hiking today and found a tiger kill here. I asked the locals and they said it was two days old. It was a wild buffalo or something with huge horns. I speak a little thai. And asked the guy some questions. He said tiger are regular there and were after the elephant babys but could not get to them and got the buffalo. Also they showed me where bears were. I saw the marking on the trees and it was really great. A big first for me. I am heading back tomorrow to just sit and look. The locals said I needed to build a stand in the trees there to photo them? Hummmmm interesting.

Cool - Fingers crossed for you!