Closing Business / Work Permit Cancelled

I am shutting down my business in Thailand at the end of the year. As a result I will lose my non-immigrant visa.

As I understand it I will have to leave and re-enter as a tourist. This would mean a 30-day visa, correct?

Do I have any other options that would result in a 90-day visa?

If from visa exempt country 15 days by land or 30 days by air. If you stay a day and obtain a tourist visa you would get 60 days that could be extended another 30 days at immigration.

You can extend current extension of stay 7 days to depart at immigration - if you have a normal 90 day entry of a visa obtained outside Thailand you could remain until that is finnished.

If from visa exempt country 15 days by land or 30 days by air. If you stay a day and obtain a tourist visa you would get 60 days that could be extended another 30 days at immigration.

You can extend current extension of stay 7 days to depart at immigration - if you have a normal 90 day entry of a visa obtained outside Thailand you could remain until that is finnished.

By "visa exempt country", do you mean my nationality or the country from where I choose to enter??

By "stay a day", do you mean remain outside of Thailand for at least 24 hours..? Or do you mean stay in Thailand for one day (which doesn't make sense at all).

Are there any options by land that would result in anything but 15 days tourist visa?

Cambodia?

Laos?

Burma?

Visa exempt would be the passport country you use to travel. There is no visa available at a border crossing for most nationalities. Staying a day or two would allow application/obtaining a tourist visa if you visit a Royal Thai Consulate in the other country. Time of stay does not vary by the border you use. You can visit Vientiane/Savannakhet in Laos to visit consulate and obtain visa by land. It can also be done to Cambodia (but often takes longer) or Malaysia.

Visa exempt would be the passport country you use to travel. There is no visa available at a border crossing for most nationalities. Staying a day or two would allow application/obtaining a tourist visa if you visit a Royal Thai Consulate in the other country. Time of stay does not vary by the border you use. You can visit Vientiane/Savannakhet in Laos to visit consulate and obtain visa by land. It can also be done to Cambodia (but often takes longer) or Malaysia.

So my only options in case I am from a visa exempt country, and do a visa run by land, is a 15-day tourist visa?

Where as in case in case I would leave by air I would get a minimum of 30 days.

I still dont understand a bit of what you mean by "If you stay a day", but lets assume you mean "if you remain outside the Kingdom (Thailand) for a period of at least a day", you would be able to apply for a tourist visa which would give you 60 days that could be extended another 30 days at the immigration office without need to leave the Kingdom (Thailand)...?

Staying a day or two would allow application/obtaining a tourist visa if you visit a Royal Thai Consulate in the other country.

As I said above the tourist visa I mentioned in my original reply could be obtained to allow a longer stay.

All he means is that if you took a bit of extra time to apply for a tourist visa then you could get 60 days and then extend another 30 days inside Thailand.

If you don't want to take that time, then you will get 15 days if you cross the border by land and 30 if you fly in.

I am shutting down my business in Thailand at the end of the year. As a result I will lose my non-immigrant visa.

As I understand it I will have to leave and re-enter as a tourist. This would mean a 30-day visa, correct?

Do I have any other options that would result in a 90-day visa?

Apply for a one year multi entry visa through the Hull consulate in the UK.

OP, you are mixing up visa, which is applied outside thailand in thai embassy or consulate and the visa exempt entry stamp you get in border when entering to thailand without visa (providing you passport is from visa exempt country).

So your options are:

1. Drive or take a bus to Laos (or Myanmar, Cambodia or Malaysia) and re-enter to Thailand (land border crossing) and you get 15 days at the border

2. Fly out of the country and return to thailand via plane. Get 30 days at airport immigration

3. Go to any country, Laos is easiest, and stay for a day or two and apply for tourist visa. Submit application in the morning and collect visa the next day afternoon. With tourist visa in your passport you get 60 days when you enter to thailand. Land or by air. Also you can extend for additional 30 days by just visiting immigration office in thailand. So effectively can stay 90 days.