Phuket: Russian 'Anti-Santa' Behind Bars

webfact

" A Swedish woman whose home in Patong was broken into on December 7 was summoned to the press conference to identify whether or not Zhuravlev was one of the thieves that broke into her home"

Look at Thurin Sophapol Caps, it has a swedish flag. This is also stolen from a swedish house. How smart can you be.

Lock them in for ever.

If drugs were decriminalised and treated as the health issue that they are, then the possibility of this crime not happening may have existed.

sry but thats bull...t, in China they just shoot drugabusers and dealers, Phuket was thx to Thaksin near free of drugs a couple of years ago, now one can buy Jaba, Meth and Crystal on every corner....there are some ppl living in LoS because there were not so many drugs like cocain here....now, no

party without them.... Drugs and Crime always come together, I personally dont need both here... If someone do, GO BACK to your homecountry and fight for Free Drugs there.

@ BookMan, how many Russians you know with ThaiLadys?? forget that, they just dont like Thais, they are here for the sun and cheap living but not for the girls

Yes, because its is a crime to use and sell. Legalise them and drugs and crime won't come together anymore.

ok, good idea but I guess thats not your country here.... So forget the ThaiGovernment will EVER give free any drugs except alcohol....Asians react btw. very different to any kind of drugs, so I understand the Asian governments and THEIR RULES AND REGULATIONS on drugs.... If one dont like it he can fight for it in his very own country.

And the other Sir,

I am sorry for your friend and that the police shot him without any trial.....after all what I heard...and I am living here since some years too.....they never shot someone totally innocent...they always asked before if it is the triggered person BEFORE they shoot. So happend in Kata on a round table in bright afternoon daylight... they came, asked for somebody and checked his ID first, before shoot him..... If he was just someone who sold under 10g of cocain, bad luck....no one who not sold anything was shot dead as far as I know.

may your friend rest in peace

SantainPhuket.bmp

Please , dont blame all Russkies for some low life, and remember ,

its not about where you come from , it is basically good folks and bad folkers....

.and every nation has them !

I remember complaints on many other nationalities in the last 25 years here !

Santa in Phuket

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

If you think the era of Thaksin leadership was a drug free paradise you are seriously wrong. And his party is back in power so that deflates the argument also. Thaksin went after low level drug dealers, trumped up charges against political enemies, and blew away about 3000 people. Anyone who knows about Thailand knows that money talks and if you want drugs you can easily find them no matter what color shirt is being worn by the political regime. The fact that low-lifes come here is nothing new either. --Drugs have been around for a long time. People do stuff for money. The bogey men change nationalities from time to time.

This story is about a burglar, he could be from any country in the world, but happens to be Russian. This alone doesn't make all Russians bad people.

There are things about Russians I don't like, but they've never harmed me personally. Maybe there are many things they don't like about us too?

Nobody is perfect, live and let live.

If drugs were decriminalised and treated as the health issue that they are, then the possibility of this crime not happening may have existed.

Need to establish if this was doing this to pay for addictive drugs, or he was just a tealeaf. Either way, hope he enjoys the comforts of the Hilton soon.

This story is about a burglar, he could be from any country in the world, but happens to be Russian. This alone doesn't make all Russians bad people.

There are things about Russians I don't like, but they've never harmed me personally. Maybe there are many things they don't like about us too?

Nobody is perfect, live and let live.

Agree with line 1 & 2 Foxboy, but live and let live? The guy did the crime (allegedly) so now he can do the time. There is no room anywhere in this country for farangs like this, no matter what country they come from.