English Farmer In Issan Living His Dream Life

BookMan

I have no interest in the man himself , maybe he x dresses as well, who cares?

Back to the children. Im interested to know about the "bullying" culture in thai society. I would imagine the other kids would think that dad was a flippin idiot and would take every opportunity to rub that in.

there seems to be some confused posters on this forum. This guy is not your typical mansion builder with 3 pickups , servants and workers. Most farang fit into the hobby farm thing, that is they supply the wealth, take the dogs for a walk occassionly and spend the rest of the time on the internet whilst the wifes family plough the land. This is a lovely lifestyle and not to be compared to the twitt who expects his own children to plough the land.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whos this Gaya character then? someone out of Streetfighter 4?

I know you're joking 'downtown' (hope u enjoyed your lunch) but u may be interested.

I was referring to "The Gaya Principle", a book written way back in the 70's, by James Lovelock. I realise now that I misspelt it -should be "Gaia". Check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis. The convincing theory claims that the Earth is a self-regulating, self-sustaining system, which I tend to believe. Although I firmly agree that climate change is occurring and that we are almost certainly the major contributors to it, I do laugh when I read things like "Save The Planet" and "The Earth is Dying". We do not need to save the Earth, She, Gaia, can take good care of herself. She will be around a long time after, and will recover very quickly after, she has put us in our place; getting rid of the culprits upsetting her balance at this very small moment in time. That is us! -The Human Race! It should be "Save the Human Race". It is the human race that will be dying not the Planet Earth. And She will get on just fine without us!

I thought 'Gaya' was the 'campest' one of the lot?

no that would be 'Gayest'......and obviously the most popular one in Thailand!....

.......U must have heard of the 'Katoi' Principle......Google it!

no that would be 'Gayest'......and obviously the most popular one in Thailand!....

Okay.. so 'Gaya' is just about one-upmanship then

I know of Katoeys, sure, one day in Thailand everyone does... well maybe after one drunken night.. :lol:

Okay.. so 'Gaya' is just about one-upmanship then

I know of Katoeys, sure, one day in Thailand everyone does... well maybe after one drunken night.. laugh.png

Well of course Sweetiegiggle.gif !!!