Post # 20,000 Posted In Chiang Rai Forum

dr_Pat_Pong

:o

>>> This is the memorial posting of Dr. Pat Pong <<<

Number 20.000 (...keep on breathing, but in silence please!...)!

As we all, who know his splendid literary qualities, have wished for and expected it is one of these subtile, airy and frivolous word plays which made him inimitable and established his unique position in the modern literature which became so characteristic for the postings of Thaivisa.com.

Dr. Pat Pong is an author who avoids idle or pompous use of words. He is a minimalist and as such he brilliantly knows how to pass on the essential by refusing to conceil it with the porridge of words which characterizes the writings of us lesser gods.

This is his strenght, unparalleled, to create, not hindered by the imperfection of his tools. Stronger, he doesn't need them anymore. He laughs about words, their miserable meanings; Their willingness to be abused made them loose their purity in the eyes and mind of this great author. He stands above words and this posting, also because of its ceremonial caracter, maybe illustrates this better than any before.

Look close at this specific posting! The unsuspecting reader will be disposed of words, an unexplainable and puzzling quitness and emptiness will invade the space inbetween his ears and if, I repeat if, he would find it necessary to respond it would not be in words. Dr. Pat Pong is a master in manipulating the inexplicable, he is the intermediator of a wordless, but nevertheless extremely strong and powerfull meta-language.

We all may consider it a great privelige to be able to enjoy Dr. Pat Pong's works on a daily base. And the members of the local Chiang Rai Forum are moved to tears that he has choosen this humble forum to drop this remarcable and memorial posting.

Thanks Dr. Pat Pong, thanks!

Limbo.

Edited by Limbo

with the porridge of words

a ghost written 20000th. i am disappointed.

does he sit silently in bars and at getogethers communicating by finger gestures , buttock lifts and eyelid twitches then.

words are not so much a concealing porridge , but the sticky rice , the meat and potatoes , the currency and the joy that binds us together in social intercourse.

Edited by taxexile

Nice  new funky avatar Dr.Patpong :o  :D

Dr. Pat Pong, even though you now are supine, could we not have your tail wagging again, or at least the tail-end twitching?

Tornado, I believe I first saw the picture of Dr. PP’s new avatar in a post of yours. Could you work that twitch into it?

Edited by maestro