BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Lickey

60,000Bht In Crisp Packet,

Was cleaning up outside our Salon/shop tonight, and found a crisp packet with 60,000bht inside, and the following conversation with Mrs follows,,

me, lets take it to police,

mrs, Yes, police have very good new year party!!!

me, ok, put notice on shop door, anybody can prove they lost the money can claim it here.

mrs, yes can do that, and all town come here with false reciepts,

me, ok, but some poor sod, farmed all year, sugar cassava,rubber, rice, and now has lost all!!

Mrs, or perhaps drug dealer,, or car thief,or debt collector?

Anybody got any ideas what to do?

Thanks Lickey,,

You found it! I'll PM you my bank account if you can be so kind as to deposit it whenever convenient!

Put it to one side for a month and allow time for the person to come and claim it. Pretty sure they'll notice at some stage.

Put it to one side for a month and allow time for the person to come and claim it. Pretty sure they'll notice at some stage.

I agree with this, tell none about it, and wait for things to happen. biggrin.png

Sounds like a drug dealer stash..not wanting to keep the money on them while they deal..but then again, that sounds like the US

Nothing u can do really, enojoy your good fortune

A crisp packet. The smaller sized variety?

How does one fit 60K nicely into that area [if it was a minature size]?

Ah! Good! You found it - thought I'd lost it. Tell you what, keep 600 baht as a sort of "thankyou for finding it" gift and mail the remainder on to me. Should I PM my mailing address to you..................?

I think that this is one of those rare occasions where you listen to, and take, the advice of your wife. wai.gif

(Simon D is spot on with keep it in a drawer for a month)

I wouldn't say anything to anyone.Just hold on to it.The person who misplaced it.or they just forgot.

To me it's not A huge amount of money.If noone claims it take A trip

Ah! Good! You found it - thought I'd lost it. Tell you what, keep 600 baht as a sort of "thankyou for finding it" gift and mail the remainder on to me. Should I PM my mailing address to you..................?

nice one :lol:

Easy - put a sign in the window saying 6,000 baht found - when the person comes in going spastic saying it was 60k then you have your man, Otherwise, maintain your karma - there are a lot of poor in Isaan, help someone who really needs it.

Easy - put a sign in the window saying 6,000 baht found - when the person comes in going spastic saying it was 60k then you have your man, Otherwise, maintain your karma - there are a lot of poor in Isaan, help someone who really needs it.

I need it - see post #9 above.