Thai Elephant Killed, Mutilated 'For Restaurants'

george

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go to the Chinese restaurants that serves up this food... and ram an un-cooked un-washed elephants cock right down the patrons throats until they gag on it.

couldnt agree more

You watch too many Bruce Willis film.

• Like 1

If we treated beasts like we treated food crops, then yes, there would be no problem except with the anthropomorphists.

Raise the beasts specifically for the purpose that they are needed to serve man. Leave the wild things alone. Simply culling animals without replacing the stock is stupid and one of the regrettable characteristics of man's evil nature.

Attempting to arrive at a solution here is impossible when you consider the animism in the Thai culture and the anthropomorphic attitude of foreigners who want to take my T-bone steak off my plate and replace it with a gelatinous blob of chemicals, because they have a tear in their eye and would see me dead rather than suffer one more cow to be butchered.

People are messed up nowadays more than ever.

i tend to agree but you are way off the ark with vegetarianism.

most vegetarians see meat as an inefficient form of land use in providing protein for human consumption.

I would quite simply pursue and arrest these "poachers" In additon, do to them as they did to the elephant; then release them, if they can survive. If not, leave them exactly where they died, to rot and left for display to would-be future "poachers". I believe that would finally put an end to this apparently on-going problem.

an answer that completely ignores all the subtleties of the situation.

snapback.pngCockneyGit, on Today, 09:58 , said:

Elephant penis on toast anyone..??

Yummy!

Even if the subject warranted a witty quip that still wouldn't be funny.

Why the cynical response? Things that upset people a great deal often elicit a smile or attempt at humour just to cover their true reaction!

Anyway it's just a paraphrased version of an old (and I thought funny) UK joke "Elephant ears on toast ... sorry we've run out of bread"

Please flame the poachers not the posters - in fact BBQ the bl**dy poachers - and the obnoxious HiSo customers too.

"However Its just meat." - absolute nonsense - it is far more than that and anyone with half a brain can work out why....

Let's face it, it is extremely likely that there are a lot of high-ranking people in Thailand who believe in this sort of thing and support it or even take part in it.

It's disgusting that such a beautiful creature has to be destroyed so that some ignorant humans can have something they don't even need. It is a fact that, on average, penis size in Thailand is on the small end of the scale so maybe they think by eating elephant penis it will give them some kind of help? pathetic

I am more than happy to bow to your greater knowledge on Thai penis size!
  • Like 1

snapback.pngCockneyGit, on Today, 09:58 , said:

Elephant penis on toast anyone..??

Yummy!

Even if the subject warranted a witty quip that still wouldn't be funny.

Why the cynical response? Things that upset people a great deal often elicit a smile or attempt at humour just to cover their true reaction!

Anyway it's just a paraphrased version of an old (and I thought funny) UK joke "Elephant ears on toast ... sorry we've run out of bread"

Please flame the poachers not the posters - in fact BBQ the bl**dy poachers - and the obnoxious HiSo customers too.

"However Its just meat." - absolute nonsense - it is far more than that and anyone with half a brain can work out why....

You seem to be predisposed to offering one- or two-liner responses to many posters' comments. What you often don't do, however, is to provide any well-reasoned, thorough argument. Can you do that here? Can you provide more detail as to your implicit assertion that the animals are more than meat?

I would be very grateful.

"They cut its tusks, trunk, sexual organ and tail. Those parts must be sold to the middleman and will be sent to restaurants in the main tourist spots like Phuket, Surat Thani and Hua Hin," park head Chaiwat Limlikhitaksorn told AFP.

Yes of course those European tourists in Phuket and the backpackers down in Surat Thani are all just craving for elephant penis meat. And that swinging family resort of Hua Hin is just loaded with restaurants advertising such delicacies. When Thai officials talk such nonsense it inevitably means they are attempting to deflect attention away from their own culpability in the matter.

One of my Thai gfs admitted eating elephant steak, it's not just foreigners.

I don't see anything wrong with eating elephant, it's just another animal

(although I don't agree with waste either, they should have eaten it all).

But elephants are sacred in thailand, almost as sacred as mercedes benz'

Seriously, we should do more for the plight of the asian elephant and the rare tiger. Protecting the habitats that they live, employ park rangers to protect them and enforce stiffer penalties for those endangering these animals. Elephants are sacred in Thailand, in buddhism the elephant is the last reincarnation before becoming the buddha. A white elephant is especially sacred. Thai people love elephants and once the flag of Thailand had an elephant emblem. I'm sure that no Thai would eat an elephant and would be appalled if given elephant parts to eat. Since last year the parading of elephants up and down the streets of the capital have been banned. This was to please the foreign visitors to the land and to the displease of ths Thais who miss paying homage to their sacred elephants. Still, if you want to see elephants or ride elephants there are still many places to do that.

Who would eat an elephants penis? Are you sure it's used in Thai cuisine? And if it is how do you prove it's an elephants and not a buffalos? Plus how much would you have to pay for it?

The Chinese.

Please don't try to be raicist.

I also know a lot of Farangs (in person) who loves Durians.

It isn't racist to answer "The Chinese" to the question "Who would eat an elephant penis?" It is most certainly the answer.

Some people just can't handle the truth so they bring out the racist card. Would it be racist if I said Aussies ate Kangaroo? If something is a fact it can't be racist.

• Like 1

(1) Four elephants in 3 years is not exactly a HUGE amount of Elephants being poached.

(2) I think its sad,,, (but how is it different to all the other animals being killed daily on the planet for food)? just because there are not as many Elephants as Cows, the actual process and feeling of dying is the same.

- but its pretty disgusting to kill for tusks and a penis. the rest of the animal (and its life) was a complete waste.

American, African, European, Asians, it doesn't matter. Killing endangered animals is self-defeating. The poachers only supply a demand, forget them. We--the Euro, African, American and Asian guzzlers--are the problem. And whoever it was who told us that scoffing a rare or endangered animal's choice cuts was a good thing needs to be strung up.

I was just thinking about how I could use some spicy elephant penis right now.

Dont be so cruel. Dont contribute to another elephants death. Just chew on some living elephant penis; that should re-vitalize you..

Bottle of wine and bananas first?huh.png

But elephants are sacred in thailand, almost as sacred as mercedes benz'

A lot of Thais won't eat beef for religious reasons, but they have no bars on elephant meat.

"Thailand is known as a global hub for the illegal ivory trade"

clap2.gif Another Hub wai.gif Congratulations Thailand thumbsup.gif

And this wonderful items are heading to the "major tourist areas" - obvisouly the "plan" to attract "higher quality" tourists is in full effect ...... Hub hub hub ...... hubba hubba hub hub....

Welcome to Thailand, the Hub of Hubs..... whatever hub your looking for, you'll find it here! ermm.gif

When an elephant was killed in an accident in my [Thai, not Chinese] wife's village in Isaan in the 1970s, everybody ate elephant for awhile. I'm told the flesh was tough, but delicious.

No word on whether or not the elephant was a he or a she or the final disposition of his or her genitalia.

I just hope that all who were involved with the elephants death, people who bought the parts and those that consumed , may the all along with their immediate families will be cursed with misfortunes and may they die painful deaths along with peole who support such practices.

I just hope that all who were involved with the elephants death, people who bought the parts and those that consumed , may the all along with their immediate families will be cursed with misfortunes and may they die painful deaths along with peole who support such practices.

Painful death for family members etc.? Your moral compass needs some adjusting I would say.

When an elephant was killed in an accident in my [Thai, not Chinese] wife's village in Isaan in the 1970s, everybody ate elephant for awhile. I'm told the flesh was tough, but delicious..

I have spent far more time than most in northern uplands villages where, at least in the past, it was not uncommon to have a few families, including my own family, owning elephants. On the rather rare ocasion when an elephant died unexpectedly, the locals did butcher the animal. Outside of that type of incident, over the past 30 years I have never heard of an elephant being killed for meat. They are worth far more THB alive.