Anyone Seen Santa Claus?

COBBER

Now i know its a long way from the North Pole and the raindeers might get a little bit hot, but does anyone know of any Emporium or Central type venues or shopping centres where Santa might be appearing. I would like to take Cobber Jnr. along if we can find Santa. Thank You. Any reported sightings would be appreciated.

:o I was just thinking about this the other day. When I was small (a long time ago) I have brilliant memories of sitting on Father Christmas' lap and telling him I would be a good girl etc. I am not sure if you can even do that in the UK now thanks to the PC brigade, fears of paedophiles and lack of beardy weardy men.

However, I do know that there is a navy blue (!?) Santa climbing a rope in Central Bangna if that is any good. He just goes up and down up and down up and down.....The big hotels will be having a Father Christmas visit during the lunch time though on December 25th.

:D I was just thinking about this the other day. When I was small (a long time ago) I have brilliant memories of sitting on Father Christmas' lap and telling him I would be a good girl etc. I am not sure if you can even do that in the UK now thanks to the PC brigade, fears of paedophiles and lack of beardy weardy men.

However, I do know that there is a navy blue (!?) Santa climbing a rope in Central Bangna if that is any good. He just goes up and down up and down up and down.....The big hotels will be having a Father Christmas visit during the lunch time though on December 25th.

A bit off topic, but wasn't there a Japanese shopping mall that decided to cash in on Xmas some years back. The problem was they didn't research the subject well enough, and ended up with a rather confusing display, including a crusified Santa Claus.

May be an urban legend, but knowing the Japs....... :o

May be an urban legend, but knowing the Japs.......   :o

Guess not. :D

post-566-1133334080_thumb.jpg

Classic, you got a bigger copy of the picture? Has to be circulated :D

The picture is probably actually this:-

1997: Artist Robert Cenedella drew a painting of a crucified Santa Claus. It was displayed in the window of the New York's Art Students League and received intense criticism from some religious groups. His drawing was a protest. He attempted to show how Santa Claus had replaced Jesus Christ as the most important personality at Christmas time.

Edited by Crossy

he's wanted for murder !

Police hunt for Santa Claus killer

(Filed: 24/11/2005)

Police are hunting a man who stabbed to death a 25-year-old accounts manager while disguised as Father Christmas.

Sikander Shaheen

Mr Shaheen was 'hard-working and law-abiding'

Sikandar Shaheen, 25, was killed in his home in Leytonstone, east London, on November 19.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the suspect was spotted near the scene on Grove Green Road wearing a red Santa hat and fake white beard.

Mr Garnish has appealed for witnesses to the incident, which took place between 5.30am and 7am.

Neighbours in the block of flats where Mr Shaheen lived called police after hearing a disturbance just after 6am.

Officers found the victim bleeding heavily in a hallway. He was taken to hospital but later died.

Mr Garnish said: "Sikandar was a hard-working, law-abiding religious man who attended mosques in the Leyton and Leytonstone area.

"We are appealing for members of the mosques who knew Sikandar to assist us.

"We are also appealing to anyone who knew Sikandar or knew his last movements leading up to Saturday to contact us."

He added that police were keeping an "open mind" about what the motive for the murder might have been.