Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a bike site in the USA, it is an upgrade of the CRF230L using the CBR250 engine. They are predicting a price of around US$4,000. They also said it was being made in thailand, so hopefully it would be cheaper here, maybe same price as a standard (non ABS) CBR250, plus dealer gouging of course.

The kerb weight for the 230L is 121 kgs, so that coupled with the CBR250 engine should make a great urban/thai-road/off-road bike.

some shots from yesterdays APe Honda Dealer Conference in Bangkok.

post-70604-0-08571300-1326274985_thumb.j

post-70604-0-02702500-1326275003_thumb.j

post-70604-0-64731200-1326275021_thumb.j

So using all out crystal balls. How much and why will this be better than KLX/D-Tracker.

Maximum 115,000baht and that is just one reason why it would be better! Another being the number of Honda dealers throughout the country where you could buy from and have it serviced/fixed.

A lower price and easier servicing makes the owning experience easier but I was more interested in why the bike itself is going to be better or a better riding bike, say on a trail outside Chiang Mai.

If lower price was the bench mark then we'd all be riding Lifan etc.

A lower price and easier servicing makes the owning experience easier but I was more interested in why the bike itself is going to be better or a better riding bike, say on a trail outside Chiang Mai.

Clearly we'd expect the Honda CRF250L to be either as good or better than a KLX250 in terms of quality. Lifan doesn't play in the same league it's nonsense to even bring it up here. Lifan is not direct competition for either the Honda or the Kawa.

As for the bike, my prediction is that the CRF will have better gas mileage. Other than that, I would not bet on it being lighter, stronger, etc. If Honda can make it 50,000 Baht - or 1/3rd - cheaper than the KLX250 then they really don't need to make it better in any way. 50k for the same bike would already be pretty incredible value IMO.

We'll know more in March.

I think a Honda v Kawasaki comparison is more realistic than a Honda v Lifan comparison ;-)

If the new Honda and KLX250 are as similar as we are led to believe then a 30-40,000baht price difference would be a no-brainer!

***Reason for Edit***** Nikster said it all!

I thought the CBR had more power than the KLX? So if the CRF 250 has the same engine (and same state of tune) as it's streetbike brother, it should have more power than the Kawasaki? And at these engine sizes, every BMP counts.

Not sure about the power comparison when derestricted though?

Looks like it will be sold with options for aftermarket bits. With the speculation of it being cheaper than a klx you could afford to make it loo like this straight from the showroom floor for a similar price?

IMG_1006.jpg

A news snippet with some intersting points highlighted:

The PCX will be 150cc, that will make it the best scooter out there for Farangs.

Honda will be updating their dealer networks nationwide to sell & service this new range of bigger bikes just released and the possibility of even bigger cc machines in the future??

Good news anyway, the more the merrier!

Thailand Press Release News

General Business Entertainment IT Stcoks Lifestyle Telecom Energy Properties Automotive Heathcare Events ฝากข่าวประชาสัมพันธ์

Honda to Open New Game with 7 Launches Strengthening its Leadership, Being the Market Leader for 23 Consecutive

Automotive Press Releases Wednesday January 11, 2012 5cc74f8564df662e7e5cde4516a6fc27-0.jpg

Bangkok--11 Jan--AP Honda

Honda to Open New Game with 7 LaunchesStrengthening its Leadership, Being the Market Leader for 23 Consecutive YearsEntering 2012 with Determination to Become No. 1, Confident to Break Sales Record of 1.5 million units

AP Honda Co Ltd, Thailand’s motorcycle market leader, is opening a new game with 7 launches, covering all market segments, and 2 heartthrobs to be the brand ambassadors.

To strengthening its market leadership, Honda is launching 7 models, covering all market segments which are family, AT, sport categories, and global model which will bring a new excitement of ride to Thai users. One of the highlights is “All New Honda Click 125i” that comes with sleeky design, powerful 125cc engine, and eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). Together with the launch, 2 superstars – Sukrit “Bie” Wisetkaew and Pakorn “Dome” Lum – will be introduced as new brand ambassadors, aiming to attract male users in the country.

Honda is also introducing the latest model in AT category. With its multi-purpose space and user-friendliness, “Honda Spacy i” is targeting on modern generation who are concerned about value-for-money, comfort, and unique lifestyle. To match with its concept, Singto Namchoke and his musical trademark, ukulele and easy listening music, has been chosen to represent the AT motorcycle.

Meanwhile, Honda is also announcing the 2011 success – its new sales record of 25 years at 1.39 million units. Moreover, the company is ready to move forward to 2012 by continuing its 3-year mid-term plan with higher sales target and more fun activities. The next challenge is a new record of 1.5 million units. The next big fun under “Discover Your Fun” concept will also be presented in promotional events including the official right to broadcast World Cup 2012 in Thailand and another big fun in the second year with Manchester United and Liverpool which will be even more exciting.

Additionally, Honda network comprising more than 900 branches nationwide will be presented in a new TV commercial. The commercial will be strengthening the positive image of “Honda Wing Center” which implies that a Honda Wing Center is more than just another authorized dealer or serviced center. All Honda centers nationwide are expected to be improved to reach the same high standard and to be in the heart of all users. Most importantly, big fans of Honda Big Bikes will not be disappointed with our “Big Wing”, authorized center and serviced center, at the end of April.

“The year 2011 was a memorable year for AP Honda, not only because we celebrated our 25th anniversary, but also the year of unexpected changes. Be it natural disasters or financial crisis. Despite the crises, the over all motorcycle industry managed to grow unexpectedly. The demand continued at the opening of 2012 although Thailand has been under crises. The recent flooding crisis, however, made the sales of the over all market to reach more than 2 million units, a 108% growth from the previous year. Honda, again, made a new growth record of 1.39 million units sold, a 110% growth from the previous year. With a 69% market share, or a 1% growth, Honda also maintains its market leadership status for 23 consecutive years,” said Mr Chiaki Kato, President of AP Honda Co Ltd about the success in 2011.

According to Honda 3-Year Mid-term Plan between 2011 and 2013 announced last year, Honda will move forward from “the largest organization” to “the strongest organization” to become “the true market leader”. The 3 policies to achieve the goal are: “to present a product that’s beyond market expectation”, “to be number one brand in all aspects”, and “to extend the satisfaction of the customers and society”.

“All targets have been achieved which was a good start for the mid-term plan. We expanded to family market with our new model and graphics pattern featured on Scoopy i, which was later became the best selling model in AT category. Communicating with younger generation with our “Discover Your Fun” concept was also a success. We could reach out to the teenagers, our main target, with the “Honda Big Fan Big Fun” campaign with Manchester United and Liverpool,” Mr Kato summarized the success from the first year of mid-term plan.

In 2012, the domestic economy expects to bounce back in the second quarter, or from April onwards, and the demand will resume. “The over all sales of the industry expects to reach 2.1 million units in 2012. Honda, the market leader, also expects to reach 1.5 million units this year. This will be the next big business challenge for Honda to reach,” said Mr Kato.

To fully achieve the new challenge, Honda strongly continues its mid-term plan with 7 product launches at a time. It’s never before in the industry to combine launches together. New models are:

1. All New Honda Click 125i: The ultimate development from Honda Click 110i, combined with new powerful 125cc engine and eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). The model is equipped with advanced technology enhancing complete combustion; Intelligent Low Friction, PGM-FI technology; built-in liquid cooled; and Alternator Starter to match with its “AT Full Speed” concept. All New Honda Click 125i has a powerful engine and is fuel efficient. For the first time in Thailand, 2 heartthrobs – Sukrit “Bie” Wisetkaew and Pakorn “Dome” Lum – have been chosen to represent the all new model, to attract more male users nationwide. All New Honda Click 125i will be available in the market, starting from Bt46,800.

2. Honda Spacy i: The latest AT motorcycle to offer multi-purpose storage, comfort and user-friendliness for users under the concept “Easy Life, Spacy i”. The highlights include XL-size U-Box which is able to store a full-face helmet; 5.5-liter giant fuel tank; wider seat; and Big Eye Winker. The story of Spacy i will be told through a unique concept and lifestyle by our Spacy i Teller, Singto Namchoke and his ukulele. The model targets on the new generation who have concerns about value-for-money, comfort and unique lifestyle. The model will be available in the market, starting from Bt41,500.

3. New Honda Wave 125i: The masterpiece after Honda Wave 125i which was once the country’s first motorcycle equipped with PGM-FI technology. Under the concept of “The Best Technology Leader”, the model features Dual Head Light, LED tail light (to be available for the first time in Thailand), and the highest fuel efficiency at 63.3km/liter (according to ECE40 Mode). Price starts from Bt48,000.

4. Honda Wave 110i: Family motorcycle, the all-time number one in Thailand. With new graphics to match the new concept: “The new happiness is ready to be delivered to everyone around you everyday”. There are 3 patterns in 7 color combinations, with front disc brake and drum brake. Hand starter and foot starter are optional. Price starts from Bt37,800.

5. Honda CBR 150R: Popular sport model featuring tri-color graphics to match the super sport look. “Unleash Your True Spirit… World-class sport motorcycle” concept to indulge the sport users this February.

6. Honda PCX150 Global Model: Aesthetic of the luxurious ride with new powerful 150cc engine and eSP to be world premiered in Thailand in March.

7. Honda CRF250L Global Model: The ultimate fun from enduro, either on-road of off-road styles. It’s designed especially for those enjoying the challenges of life. The global model will be launched in Thailand and ready to create a new fun in March.

Honda Click125i, Honda Spacy I, Honda Wave125i and Honda Wave110i will be available in the market nationwide in mid-January onwards. Sport model like Honda CBR150R will hit the market in February while global models; Honda PCX150 and Honda CRF250L will be ready for the market in March.

“Apart from the presentation of a product beyond market expectation, Honda also continues to be number 1 brand in all aspects. With “Big, New, Fun” concept especially in football, Thailand’s most popular sport, we will hold more activities under “Honda Big Fan Big Fun” campaign. As an official partner in Thailand of Liverpool and Manchester United, the promotional events will be even bigger and more fun. Also under the 3-year mid-term plan’s concept, “Discover Your Fun”, we will support sport events by acquiring the official right to broadcast the World Cup 2012 in Thailand,” said Mr Kato.

Moreover, Honda is planning to present its high potential of its dealer network comprising more than 900 branches nationwide in a new TV commercial. The commercial will be strengthening the positive image of “Honda Wing Center” which implies that a Honda Wing Center is more than just another authorized dealer or serviced center. All Honda centers nationwide are expected to be improved to reach the same high standard and to be in the heart of all users. The new TV commercial will be broadcast from February onwards.

Last but not least, big fans of Honda Big Bikes will be enjoying life even more. Honda Big Bike business will be launched in April, to meet the increasing demand of the potential users in the category. The first flagship store named “Big Wing” will be opened in Bangkok, before expanding more branches in regional cities nationwide.

For more details on 7 new Honda models and bigger fun in “Discover Your Fun”, please contact a Honda authorized center in your neighborhood, or visit www.aphonda.co.th.

Yes very good news about the 150cc PCX (in my case), I have wanted one for the last year after renting twice on Phuket but heard about the new engine 6-8 month ago so I said to myself, hmm better wait, glad now that I did so.

There are a lot of very nice looking PCX's here in Pattaya with a lot of cosmetic changes, obviously the owners spending a lot of money on them, fell sorry for them (a bitcool.png ) now that they soon will be riding something obsolete compared to the new 150cc model (Thai bikes are normally in production for quite sometime before major changes are made, but not in this case here).

Yes very good news about the 150cc PCX (in my case), I have wanted one for the last year after renting twice on Phuket but heard about the new engine 6-8 month ago so I said to myself, hmm better wait, glad now that I did so.

There are a lot of very nice looking PCX's here in Pattaya with a lot of cosmetic changes, obviously the owners spending a lot of money on them, fell sorry for them (a bitcool.png ) now that they soon will be riding something obsolete compared to the new 150cc model (Thai bikes are normally in production for quite sometime before major changes are made, but not in this case here).

Why feel sorry for them.. they still have the bikes that they want to own... 25cc is NOT going to make a huge difference to the PCX. The bikes you have seen may well be overbored, turbo charged and supercharged speed monsters...................although i doubt itclap2.gif

Why feel sorry for them.. they still have the bikes that they want to own... 25cc is NOT going to make a huge difference to the PCX. The bikes you have seen may well be overbored, turbo charged and supercharged speed monsters...................although i doubt itclap2.gif

20% increasing in engine size is gonna make a difference for sure and also the new type of engine which should be VERY fuel efficient so its basically a whole new PCX.

If I had bought a PCX in last the 6 month I would be crying when hearing Honda's press release, but then maybe its just me.

I think a Honda v Kawasaki comparison is more realistic than a Honda v Lifan comparison ;-)

If the new Honda and KLX250 are as similar as we are led to believe then a 30-40,000baht price difference would be a no-brainer!

***Reason for Edit***** Nikster said it all!

Hehehe... yep. You said it nicer though, wish I had done that ;)

Last but not least, big fans of Honda Big Bikes will be enjoying life even more. Honda Big Bike business will be launched in April, to meet the increasing demand of the potential users in the category. The first flagship store named “Big Wing” will be opened in Bangkok, before expanding more branches in regional cities nationwide.

That's interesting, and makes perfect sense. Honda really need dedicated big bike centers and skills - even though they have tons of dealers, it's no good if they have no idea on how to service the new big bikes.

Good to hear Honda is working on it.

I've run both the CBR250R and Ninja250R back to back at BRC.

I felt the the Honda's suspension was crap and dangerous, that's how I know Honda can sell it for less than a Ninja.

The CBR does have a nice engine that will suit the CRF well, so I'm guessing the suspension will suffer.

It's nice to think positive, but Honda is not a bunch of idiots; they cut corners somewhere to justify this low price compared to a KLX250.

Honda must have tested every comparable dual sport 250 and realized the CRF is not as good or they would have equal or higher pricing.

Honda is a proud company, they charge a premium for many of their cars and bikes when its justified and sometimes when its not.

Honda knows the Yamaha WR250 is the best in class, then the KLX250 is good, so maybe they see themselves going after the low end of the reliable 250 DS market.

It's a pretty smart strategy if you ask me, they'll make a lot of money introducing many newbies to dual sport riding.

Let's hope I'm wrong and it performs better than its list price, but I'm a pessimist by nature.

Nothing is firm with the price but if it does come in at where people are speculating (30 k baht cheaper than a KLX) then yes, you would think that Honda would have had to cut corners somewhere, most likely suspension. That would be the rear shock and fork internals. Neither bike has great suspension and if I owned one I would be upgrading that as a priority anyway.

Personally, I think it will be priced closer to the KLX.

Or maybe Kawa just said "Hey, we are the only ones with this kind of bike, let's charge a premium for it"...

I think the CRF will be released to the world market before here in March and you will see straight away a comparison test of these two bikes. I will be keen to see the results as I won't have a problem owning either one, whichever is the better one.

In a chat over some beers last night it was suggested that the KLX maybe more expensive because like the ER6 etc. although it is made in Thailand In BOI factory it was originally designed for sale in the US/EU. So the Kawasaki is built to slightly higher standards. Whereas the Honda maybe cheaper because it is primarily designed for sale in the local/Asian market.

Bung. Your dog is not wearing a helmetohmy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived