Honda Crf 250L

RED21

Today I have the opportunity to drive the GPX zf 250 on the Moto-X track.

It was a really good bike, the suspension work like a dream and the power was explosive compare to the Kawasaki KLX. I have no clue how the bike can be so much quicker when the compression is lower than the Klx LOL.

To make it clear the Klx is to drive a buss compare to the GPX.

is this the chinese dirtbike thats not road legal ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a really good bike, the suspension work like a dream and the power was explosive compare to the Kawasaki KLX. I have no clue how the bike can be so much quicker when the compression is lower than the Klx LOL.

is this the chinese dirtbike thats not road legal ?

Yes the moto-X bike without lights

It was a really good bike compere to price, the suspension work like a dream and the power was explosive compare to the Kawasaki KLX. I have no clue how the bike can be so much quicker when the (compression is lower than the Klx) LOL.

I do 1.43 with the Gpx, 1.59 with Klx(330cc kit and WP) and 1.41 with my crf 250-2010(Öhlins)... just for the records.

I am looking forward to take the crf250f to the test.

Where's this Moto-X track?

Does the GPX zf 250 come in a road-legal version?

Where can you buy this brand in Thailand?

The crf250L is a dual purpose bike. Much like the KLX250F, it is built to do 80% sealed Tarmac and 20% light off road. The weight is typical of that class. It's gearing ratios are suited for decent top end and with sufficient pick up.

The enduro models like the Yamaha WR250f will do the reverse. 80% off road and 20% sealed Tarmac. They are generally lighter in the vicinity of 120-130kgs. Sprocket ratio and gearing ratios are geared towards bottom end. Which gives it more low speed power. They usually have a starter system and a kick start. The starter is not meant to be used all the time. It is there for you to use infrequently. when you need to get your bike fired up when you are in a precarious situation in an off road environment.

Xbikes like the KX250f or YZF250 are pure motocross bikes without any electrical or starter motor. They are about 100kgs meant for doing jumps. They are not suited for any sealed Tarmac riding. It is a short stroke, fast revving, close ratio bike. It is built for hard acceleration. They also make good motard racers. You just need to change the wheels and brakes.

It was a really good bike compere to price, the suspension work like a dream and the power was explosive compare to the Kawasaki KLX. I have no clue how the bike can be so much quicker when the (compression is lower than the Klx) LOL.

I do 1.43 with the Gpx, 1.59 with Klx(330cc kit and WP) and 1.41 with my crf 250-2010(Öhlins)... just for the records.

Where's this Moto-X track? Pattani

Does the GPX zf 250 come in a road-legal version? I dont know

Where can you buy this brand in Thailand? I dont know

LOLZ! Ok, great info...

Near as I can tell the GPX zf 250 doesn't come in a road legal version and is meant purely for competition.

zf250_open.jpg

It would be better to compare the GPX zf 250 to other race bikes like the CRF250R and KX250

2010-Honda-CRF250R-6.jpg

fond-ecran-kx250.jpg

In contrast, the KLX250 and CRF250L are road legal trail bikes, really not meant for racing.

Sym/Mbike/Keeway aslo do this Enduro. Only 200cc and weight is given as 126kg, not sure if this is kerb or dry weight, Maybe can get registered, certainly a different type of bike to their GPZ250. As stated earlier, there is always an issue about quality of finish and service with some of these smaller brands (smaller in the sense of sales in Thailand).

http://www.sym-thail...h/keeway/enduro

post-70604-0-59723300-1331769745_thumb.p

Ha ha! I got tired of waiting and when a KLX with Bill Blue 351cc Big Bore Kit and pumper carb showed up in the classifieds I jumped on it!

In addition to the big bore kit and carb it's got a ProCircuit full system, ProTaper bars, bash plate and handguards- and with only 6000km on the clock it's about as perfect a KLX as I could ask for.

WOW WOW WOW, so you got the fully tuned bike already, what you want more? But with a carb do you get it registered and does it have a green book?

LOLZ! Ok, great info...

Near as I can tell the GPX zf 250 doesn't come in a road legal version and is meant purely for competition.

zf250_open.jpg

It would be better to compare the GPX zf 250 to other race bikes like the CRF250R and KX250

2010-Honda-CRF250R-6.jpg

fond-ecran-kx250.jpg

In contrast, the KLX250 and CRF250L are road legal trail bikes, really not meant for racing.

There's a shop selling the GPX on the BangNa Trad road, on the left heading into Bangkok from Samut Prakan (before you get to Central BangNa).

The Kawasaki pictured above is actually a KX250 not a KXF250. It's a 2 stroke that (somewhat unfairly) is forced to race the 450 4 strokes in pro racing.

Ha ha! I got tired of waiting and when a KLX with Bill Blue 351cc Big Bore Kit and pumper carb showed up in the classifieds I jumped on it!

In addition to the big bore kit and carb it's got a ProCircuit full system, ProTaper bars, bash plate and handguards- and with only 6000km on the clock it's about as perfect a KLX as I could ask for.

WOW WOW WOW, so you got the fully tuned bike already, what you want more? But with a carb do you get it registered and does it have a green book?

Yep, no problems getting it transferred and plated here in Bangkok- they only looked at frame and engine numbers and completely ignored the missing mirrors and signals :D

Oddly enough they did give us a bit of a hard time in Chiang Mai over the missing signals and mirrors, but still processed the transfer.

I'll be out at Bo Din again this Sunday with a bunch of Thai guys who mostly ride trials bikes. Real friendly bunch - all are welcome!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Sym/Mbike/Keeway aslo do this Enduro. Only 200cc and weight is given as 126kg, not sure if this is kerb or dry weight, Maybe can get registered, certainly a different type of bike to their GPZ250. As stated earlier, there is always an issue about quality of finish and service with some of these smaller brands (smaller in the sense of sales in Thailand).

http://www.sym-thail...h/keeway/enduro

post-70604-0-59723300-1331769745_thumb.p

Its a road legal bike that may be can compared with a Lifan Cross200. 200cc, air cooled. And you can take it into flood water too :)

2011-10-29105333.jpg

There is a report from a guy who has modified his MBike Enduro thai style. Not for power, but for show. Just google "M-Bike JL200GY-2C" to find it.

I'll be out at Bo Din again this Sunday with a bunch of Thai guys who mostly ride trials bikes. Real friendly bunch - all are welcome!

You got some GPS coordinates of the place or the address and what time will you be around. Maybe I will come over with my KLX

You got some GPS coordinates of the place or the address and what time will you be around. Maybe I will come over with my KLX

Hi Yannic-

check this thread for Google Map, directions and GPS coordinates to Bo Din:

Let'S Get Dirty!

Enduro riding at Bo Din on Tuesday afternoon

http://www.thaivisa....04#entry5133204

Ride On!

Tony

ps. I expect to get there around 2 or 3 in the arvo. Any earlier and you just cook in the mid-day heat! There is a fantastic floating restaurant on the reservoir where we can chill out afterwards. Hope to see you on Sunday! T

And if cheap isn't cheap enough, there is still the Platinum PX175 - "You get the best" - only 115kg:

post-129800-0-08880000-1331818043_thumb.

You will be the hero on every track with it. Its stupid to spend more money for such heavy bikes like CRF or KLX.

cheesy.gif

And if cheap isn't cheap enough, there is still the Platinum PX175 - "You get the best" - only 115kg:

post-129800-0-08880000-1331818043_thumb.

You will be the hero on every track with it. Its stupid to spend more money for such heavy bikes like CRF or KLX.

cheesy.gif

how much does this miracle of technology and modern engineering cost ? :)

I am no fan of Chinese bikes but I have got to say, for a Chinese bike the GPX ZF250 looks pretty good!

its defeats the whole purpose though ( for me personaly ) if its not road legal ,i couldnt be bothered bringing it everywhere in a pickup

and tieing it up with ropes and getting if of again to use for a short time and then back on and tying it up etc

might be ok for up in esan ,or somewhere that there not many cops

I would just stick it on a trailer, I trailer my boat everywhere too so it's not a problem for me. I don't want to be driving a relatively low powered bike with decent off road tyres and off road gearing long distances on road to get to trails anyway. If I lived in Chiang Mai where you literally have great trails on your doorstep then a road legal bike would be more of a bonus for sure, but you can get away with it there a bit more too...

I am no fan of Chinese bikes but I have got to say, for a Chinese bike the GPX ZF250 looks pretty good!

I'm still trying to find out if the GPX is Chinese or Taiwanese... Taiwanese bikes have a much better reputation for quality than those from mainland China...

There is nothing about GPX on the internet apart from stuff out of Thailand. Reading the Thai websites I think it might be made by a company called "XMotos", they certainly make the "100% off road version", so I guess they make the GPX too.

"Someone" who has been promoting this bike claims that it uses a Mikuni VM-49 carb, which is basically impossible. They don't even appear to make a VM-49 carb and even if they did a 49mm carb would be far far too big for a 250cc bike. Even the official site claims it;s a VM-49, so I can only assume it's a Mikuni fake and named wrongly.

There is nothing about GPX on the internet apart from stuff out of Thailand. Reading the Thai websites I think it might be made by a company called "XMotos", they certainly make the "100% off road version", so I guess they make the GPX too.

"Someone" who has been promoting this bike claims that it uses a Mikuni VM-49 carb, which is basically impossible. They don't even appear to make a VM-49 carb and even if they did a 49mm carb would be far far too big for a 250cc bike. Even the official site claims it;s a VM-49, so I can only assume it's a Mikuni fake and named wrongly.

You are refering to this thread, why not say so and link it? Makes life easier smile.png

49mm or not, Richard has written a lot about it. Maybe its only 44mm, maybe its no Mikuni. Its a cheap chinese made bike, assembled in Thailand and promoted on a thai made website smile.png

Yep, that is the same bike, and marketed as an "XMoto", who I suspected make the GPX. I think the GPX brand has just been created for Thailand. The Australian site says it has a 30mm carb though,which is about right. You would think the importer would know what parts are on the bike!

Mikuni really makes the VM49 carburator, look at the official Mikuni VM series manual and you will find the VM49 specified https://docs.google....MTQz/edit?pli=1

Also the Honda CRF250R uses a 50mm throttle body, the Yamaha YZ250F uses a 39mm Keihin FCR and the last Kawasaki KX250F which used a carburator was also a Keihin FCR....

But to be honest I never checked if it's a 49mm carburetor, it's surely not a 30mm as the bike was fitted with a 32mm to pass the Thai emission testing.... So maybe it's a 44mm... I will check it this weekend...

Mikuni really makes the VM49 carburator, look at the official Mikuni VM series manual and you will find the VM49 specified https://docs.google....MTQz/edit?pli=1

Also the Honda CRF250R uses a 50mm throttle body, the Yamaha YZ250F uses a 39mm Keihin FCR and the last Kawasaki KX250F which used a carburator was also a Keihin FCR....

But to be honest I never checked if it's a 49mm carburetor, it's surely not a 30mm as the bike was fitted with a 32mm to pass the Thai emission testing.... So maybe it's a 44mm... I will check it this weekend...

Do you know the kerb weight of the ZF250? And price?

I looked in the VM manual and the biggest they make is a 44mm. You do know that the carb measurement is not the diameter of the end of the outflow right? It is where the outflow meets the slide chamber, it is different.

You can't compare throttle bodies to carbs and you cant compare 45hp motocross engines to the one in the GPX! Anyway, even a 44mm would be far too big for a low compression 250cc.

Tony on his KLX 351 (with much higher compression too) only has a 34mm carb, and bigger ones have been tested with no increase in performance.

The bikes you listed using 39mm carbs had MUCH higher performance engines than the GPX, why would you think the GPX would have an even bigger carb than the very top motocross bikes? There would be no need to have anything bigger than a 32mm carb on a GPX. (The Ozzies have it right probably with the 30mm one)

Archived