Honda Crf 250L

RED21

There is nothing about GPX on the internet apart from stuff out of Thailand. Reading the Thai websites I think it might be made by a company called "XMotos", they certainly make the "100% off road version", so I guess they make the GPX too.

"Someone" who has been promoting this bike claims that it uses a Mikuni VM-49 carb, which is basically impossible. They don't even appear to make a VM-49 carb and even if they did a 49mm carb would be far far too big for a 250cc bike. Even the official site claims it;s a VM-49, so I can only assume it's a Mikuni fake and named wrongly.

Mikuni really makes the VM49 carburator, look at the official Mikuni VM series manual and you will find the VM49 specified https://docs.google....MTQz/edit?pli=1

Also the Honda CRF250R uses a 50mm throttle body, the Yamaha YZ250F uses a 39mm Keihin FCR and the last Kawasaki KX250F which used a carburator was also a Keihin FCR....

But to be honest I never checked if it's a 49mm carburetor, it's surely not a 30mm as the bike was fitted with a 32mm to pass the Thai emission testing.... So maybe it's a 44mm... I will check it this weekend...

Do you know the kerb weight of the ZF250? And price?

The bike is about 122 kg with a full fuel tank, and it cost currently (according to the importers website) 69,800 THB. But you probably want to change the tires as they are on any harder surface a kidny-stone-breakers.... (even on compact dirt roads).

P.S. Would I buy one again.... maybe not, the power is perfect but very direct, even with more road friendly tires the engine bangs hard, what is nice in the dirt but less nice on hard surface... So if you 70% in the dirt and 30% harder surface buy one, 70% on country roads and 30% on real dirt buy something else... just my idea....

Another thing is it's surely not the most fuel econimic motorcycle you can buy... more the opposite... If you ride on the road you better always look where the next petrol station is.....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But to be honest I never checked if it's a 49mm carburetor, it's surely not a 30mm as the bike was fitted with a 32mm to pass the Thai emission testing.... So maybe it's a 44mm... I will check it this weekend...

Why would the GPX zf250 be subject to emissions testing? It's never been offered in a road-legal version, right?

Why would the GPX zf250 be subject to emissions testing? It's never been offered in a road-legal version, right?

I have plates and a official greenbook... stating that it's a 250cc motorcycle... What does your greenbook say? Does it say KLX250? If so with your 350cc you actual did TAX fraud... Wow I even think they have a bonus to report tax fraud.... (just joking)

I have plates and a official greenbook... stating that it's a 250cc motorcycle... What does your greenbook say?

Not to call you a liar but... I don't believe you :)

I have plates and a official greenbook... stating that it's a 250cc motorcycle... What does your greenbook say?

Not to call you a liar but... I don't believe you smile.png

Lucky I'm not here to please you... I just changed carburetors to register my motorcycle, something easily corrected and when they stop me and find out highly discussable.... as it's still a legal 250cc with all TAX payed.

Your motorcycle is likely a 250cc with a bore-up to 350cc, which means you did not paid TAX and are likely to get your motorcycle confiscated should somebody have a crunch against you.... (of course not me... I like you ...really)

I consider myself a real bike person, I had a motorcycle as long as I can remember and bike people not snitch on another biker, even if they not like another.... (also the bonus is not enough to buy a six-pack beer, maybe that is the bigger motivation)

while we are twiddling our thumbs waiting for more info, here is Motocross Action Mag's review on the 2012 250 4 stroke motocrossers which is of course a different class of bike to the CRF250F and KLX250. I guess the CRF250 refered to in the article is the 250R?

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MXAS-2012-250-FOURSTROKE-SHOOTOUT-OUR-BRUTAL-HONES-8643.aspx

AP Honda had some CRF250L's out for a photo shoot at Bo Din this weekend, but they were gone by the time I got there... According to some of the trials guys who were there the MSRP for the CRF250L will be 120k Baht. While I remain underwhelmed by the bike I think that if it really comes at that price it will sell well.

AP Honda had some CRF250L's out for a photo shoot at Bo Din this weekend, but they were gone by the time I got there... According to some of the trials guys who were there the MSRP for the CRF250L will be 120k Baht. While I remain underwhelmed by the bike I think that if it really comes at that price it will sell well.

That's not really great news with dealers adding on their bit we could be looking at neater to 130k then,I don't have a problem with dealers adding a bit on as they are running a business to make money but I was hoping rrp would be around 110k so then it would come in around 120k final price,should know for certain in around a week anyway,I am starting to think they may just release price and specs this week and allow you to place orders this month which will then possibly mean a 4 week delivery period.

If the 120k price is true that also makes it more expensive than the cbr250 abs don't really see how they worked that out unless there is a few surprises on the spec sheet.

That's not really great news with dealers adding on their bit we could be looking at neater to 130k then,I don't have a problem with dealers adding a bit on as they are running a business to make money but I was hoping rrp would be around 110k so then it would come in around 120k final price

actually ,they can make money without price gouging

after the innitial wave of supply and demand greediness passed ,many dealers were happy to sell them at the rrp or very slighty over it

the rrp must allow some margin for the shop because some were selling it for 99k in places like Hua Hin

That's not really great news with dealers adding on their bit we could be looking at neater to 130k then,I don't have a problem with dealers adding a bit on as they are running a business to make money but I was hoping rrp would be around 110k so then it would come in around 120k final price,should know for certain in around a week anyway,I am starting to think they may just release price and specs this week and allow you to place orders this month which will then possibly mean a 4 week delivery period.

If the 120k price is true that also makes it more expensive than the cbr250 abs don't really see how they worked that out unless there is a few surprises on the spec sheet.

I was always a bit surprised that the KLX250 costs more than the Ninja 250... After all, the KLX is a single and the Ninjette is a twin.

I was told the KLX is priced higher because the suspension components (adjustable inverted front forks and unitrak rear with stepless pre-load and rebound adjustment) are significantly more expensive than the very basic suspension components on the EX250...

Might also be economics of scale- I suspect Honda and Kawasaki sell far more road bikes than they do dirtbikes?

Chalong Honda said price expected to be 130000 and available in April...

I read somewhere were Malaysia is expecting it in June, i think the CBR250 was released in Thailand a couple of months before the rest of the world so probably the same for the CRF. It would be good to get confirmation of the specs, and more detailed specs. I suppose we'll know soon enough!

looking at APe's website there is a news item on motorcross and the CRF250L is mentioned as "Most of the market for a Honda CRF250L be released in late March 2555 to be reliable and robust." (Google translation).

http://www.aphonda.c...536.asp?id=0721

thaicbr predicted (in another forum) that it should appear at the Bkk Motor Show, and can't get much later in March than the 28th!

"reliable and robust" is that code for fat and slow! laugh.png

It is at the motor show. They have two on display. One red, one white. No brochures available yet, but they are expected over the next few days. MSRP 140,000 THB.

I thought it looked very nice. The Kawasaki stand is very near by, so you can go compare the KLX very quickly whilst it's still fresh in your mind. The Honda guy said they are available from today.

IF it's confirmed at 140k then I'll take a very close look at the Kawa KLX 250. Even if both are virtually identical in spec might just go for the proven product, the Kawa.

Mmm only problem I see with the klx is that you have to derestrict it and that may void your warranty plus the Kawasaki dealer in my area is a fool......

IF it's confirmed at 140k then I'll take a very close look at the Kawa KLX 250. Even if both are virtually identical in spec might just go for the proven product, the Kawa.

Mmm only problem I see with the klx is that you have to derestrict it and that may void your warranty plus the Kawasaki dealer in my area is a fool......

At 130+ it is extremely hard to justify it over the Kawasaki. As mentioned earlier in the thread there is a ton of aftermarket parts for the KLX; the CRF is just getting off the ground. Unless the CRF is going to be at least as powerful as the CBR 250R where the performance is nearly as good as the 350 upgrade for the KLX is, how can anybody in their right mind buy a CRF?

The warranty issue is a bit of a red herring; I can't claim for sure but I'd imagine that just about any issue you'll have with either bike being used the way it they are intended is going to be not covered. Think about it; what's going to happen first, a header into the brush/bits of plastic torn off or a drivetrain issue? I'd assume that for most really pushing their bikes it will be the first. Of course there will be some that will use these bikes strictly for on road use, but if you're going to do that just buy a CBR!

**disclaimer**

If the CRF is 120 or less I'm getting it. If it's more I'll pass and consider other options.

It is at the motor show. They have two on display. One red, one white. No brochures available yet, but they are expected over the next few days. MSRP 140,000 THB.

I thought it looked very nice. The Kawasaki stand is very near by, so you can go compare the KLX very quickly whilst it's still fresh in your mind. The Honda guy said they are available from today.

Good info - keep us posted!

There should follow at least 3 - 6 more weeks of misinformation coupled with price gouging, as was seen with the CBR release.

its best to just relax and let the price gouging dissipate ,people have been hounding the dealers for months so its

only natural the first few are going to get gouged severely :D

i would only pay the MRRP or a couple of grand over if they agree to register it and get my plates organsied and

throw in some free junk like a number plate holder and tax holder etc

According to other sites on the net Honda still don't know how much this bike is going to be(amazing Thailand/Honda) I think the price above is a Case of they didn't want to say I don't know loss of face and all that so they come out with that figure it's now looking like middle-end off April ,anyone been motor show today with any other info.......

According to other sites on the net Honda still don't know how much this bike is going to be(amazing Thailand/Honda) I think the price above is a Case of they didn't want to say I don't know loss of face and all that so they come out with that figure it's now looking like middle-end off April ,anyone been motor show today with any other info.......

Perhaps I should have said, the guy thinks they are/might be available today give or take 20,000 @ approx.140,000 THBwink.png

However we are in Thailand.................violin.gif

Archived