Honda Crf 250L

RED21

i think it was around 450,000 but honda could sell mosquitos in thailand and people would buy them

Like 330,000 for a 300 Vespa?whistling.gif

But hey that's the price they are so...

is those Vespa 300's sellin for 330,000 ? serious money for a scooter with toy wheels

i saw a guy yesterday trying to put gas in his vespa ,he had to disassemble the rack in the forecourt

take off the side brackets ,lift the seat ,get some gas and push it to the side

then he whipped out the 2 stroke oil can and put a cup full in the tank

then he reassembled his machine and took off buzzing down the road ,doing a good speed for a rig as old as he was riding :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And are aftermarket parts going to be available being its a new model? Kamala Honda not even heard of it!!

Honda will have some aftermarket stuff for sure. Also, a friend of mine who has an accessory shop also told me that there would be plenty of aftermarket bits available.

Guy in Phuket Honda today said price more like 130-140 but that was just his guess I think. Took a dtracker out from Phuket kwaka for a quick ride and seemed good. Breaks a bit hyper sensitive but apart from that all good ... All up price was 155k... Just need to get my proof of address from immi now

So this bike is gonna be out witin 6 weeks and still no one in any honda dealers has any idea on specs and price and actual release date

I cannot see it being priced as high as 140 if it is i may have to consider the klx until specs are released do not know which is the better bike who knows,so far I think the Honda is better looks wise, ap Honda definitely a bit of a joke

i think it was around 450,000 but honda could sell mosquitos in thailand and people would buy them

Like 330,000 for a 300 Vespa?whistling.gif

But hey that's the price they are so...

is those Vespa 300's sellin for 330,000 ? serious money for a scooter with toy wheels

i saw a guy yesterday trying to put gas in his vespa ,he had to disassemble the rack in the forecourt

take off the side brackets ,lift the seat ,get some gas and push it to the side

then he whipped out the 2 stroke oil can and put a cup full in the tank

then he reassembled his machine and took off buzzing down the road ,doing a good speed for a rig as old as he was riding smile.png

The Vespa 300 GTS is over 4000 GBP in the UK. Special models are a bit more. I've gor a Vespa 300 GTS SS in Thailand it was 325, 000 THB. The tyres are small but quite wide, top speed for the 300 is about 90 MPH, I've done 140 KPH on mine and its fine.

apparently the honda nc 700 that everyone hates got more pre-orders at the bike festival than anything else

Amazing thailand smile.png

Probably because it was more expensive.....

Edit: Or it is the pre-order speculative market. Like ordering a Porsche or Ferrari and then selling it on at a markup to someone who doesn't want to wait.

Is that a guess like the one that floated around that Honda would maybe achieve parity in sales with the Ninja 250R using their quarter litre bike? And then that bike went ahead and outsold all of Kawasaki's models combined by 150%?

apparently the honda nc 700 that everyone hates got more pre-orders at the bike festival than anything else

Edit: Or it is the pre-order speculative market. Like ordering a Porsche or Ferrari and then selling it on at a markup to someone who doesn't want to wait.

is the price of the dirt bike confirmed at 112,000 yet or is it also a secret ? smile.png

Which NC700? The scooter or the "X" version? How many pre-orders? Source?

Who said 112k? I mean, I can believe it, but then add 10 - 20k dealer markup for a bike that will surely be sold out throughout the first year of sales... similar to the CBR250.

is the price of the dirt bike confirmed at 112,000 yet or is it also a secret ? smile.png

Which NC700? The scooter or the "X" version? How many pre-orders? Source?

Who said 112k? I mean, I can believe it, but then add 10 - 20k dealer markup for a bike that will surely be sold out throughout the first year of sales... similar to the CBR250.

sumet honda dealer said in another hread that the nc700 had more pre-orders than any of hondas other bikes launched at the show

112,000 is a unconfirmed rumour as far as i know but that figure has been kicked around for the new dirtbike and it shouldnt cost a shit load more than the cbr 250 which has been sold for 99k in hua hin amongst other places

i will ask my honda dealer tomorrow if i can pre-order one fsee what he says :)

Well the NC700 is an amazing bike with cutting edge technology. I'm not surprised at all.

I'm not sure I would use the phrase cutting edge sure it has an auto box but they have been around since the '80's, Yamaha tried almost horizontal cylinders before.

the 700 doesn't have as much torque as the T-Max and it doesn't corner as well.

No I'm sticking with my "It's expensive" logic or could be it's the new Harley for the Metro Sexual.

Is that a guess like the one that floated around that Honda would maybe achieve parity in sales with the Ninja 250R using their quarter litre bike? And then that bike went ahead and outsold all of Kawasaki's models combined by 150%?

I didn't hear either rumor, but you should really choose your own bike next time as your wife's choice of the Ninja seems to have been vexing you for about 3 years now.

The crf250l would be a good choice for you I reckon, it's a Honda and should be good for touring and a bit of minor rough stuff as well. The best offering from AP Honda for some time. Go for it.

Well the NC700 is an amazing bike with cutting edge technology. I'm not surprised at all.

I'm not sure I would use the phrase cutting edge sure it has an auto box but they have been around since the '80's, Yamaha tried almost horizontal cylinders before.

No I'm sticking with my "It's expensive" logic or could be it's the new Harley for the Metro Sexual.

Really?

Can you list another bike that has a DCT? I'm sure that in your mind the Porsche PDK is exactly the same as the slushbox that Toyota puts in their Vios.

And in regards to your comment about the horizontal cylinders; Yamaha tried it and couldn't get it to work I guess--I honestly don't know and my google-<deleted> is only revealing 2T Yamaha horizontal engines? I'd say that Honda's engineering prowress in this matter, which helps with mass centralisation, is cutting edge.

It is interesting to compare the NC700 to the T-Max. The specs page for the Tmax have it with less HP and less torque than what I could find for the NC700. Claimed kerb weight for the NC700 is 2,5 kg lighter than the Tmax; not that much on bikes that heavy. I reckon that the 15" wheels on the Tmax should let it corner better than the 17" on the NC700; wonder what the stiffness of the two bikes compared to each other is like.

I didn't hear either rumor, but you should really choose your own bike next time as your wife's choice of the Ninja seems to have been vexing you for about 3 years now.

The crf250l would be a good choice for you I reckon, it's a Honda and should be good for touring and a bit of minor rough stuff as well. The best offering from AP Honda for some time. Go for it.

I believe that Tony (and forgive me if I got him mixed up with someone else) is the one who claimed the CBR would barely meet the sales of the Ninja; the other figure being tossed around was that the CBR would sell 7-9 times as many bikes (which is hard to tell; even if 1/3 of Kawasaki's sales were Ninjas than Honda only sold 4,5x as many). As far as the other rumour; Sumetcycle posted the pre-order information which can be gleaned from the thread and Vocalneal guessed what the reasoning was.

I also sense a bit of projection going on. It seems to vex certain members that I have a Ninja. I understand that spending hard earned money on something will cause a bit of attachement, but you surely can not accuse me of ever spreading falsehoods. Are my comments biased towards Honda? Sure they are; but I don't resort to ad hominem attacks or use fallacious data to support my position.

As far as the CRF goes; I am very interested in it and my doting wife will most likely pick one up for me...assuming that is ok with you? If she doesn't than it will have to wait until the next time I return to LOS.

Don't wanna sound rude but it would be mice to keep this thread for the crf 250 there is already a thread running for the scooter come motorbike Thingy they call the nc 700

Good idea!

Does anyone know if the 250X bits will fit on the 250L? There's a lot of interesting stuff out there.

I believe that Tony (and forgive me if I got him mixed up with someone else) is the one who claimed the CBR would barely meet the sales of the Ninja; the other figure being tossed around was that the CBR would sell 7-9 times as many bikes (which is hard to tell; even if 1/3 of Kawasaki's sales were Ninjas than Honda only sold 4,5x as many). As far as the other rumour; Sumetcycle posted the pre-order information which can be gleaned from the thread and Vocalneal guessed what the reasoning was.

I also sense a bit of projection going on. It seems to vex certain members that I have a Ninja. I understand that spending hard earned money on something will cause a bit of attachement, but you surely can not accuse me of ever spreading falsehoods. Are my comments biased towards Honda? Sure they are; but I don't resort to ad hominem attacks or use fallacious data to support my position.

As far as the CRF goes; I am very interested in it and my doting wife will most likely pick one up for me...assuming that is ok with you? If she doesn't than it will have to wait until the next time I return to LOS.

I really dont care about who created any rumors any more than I care who sold more bikes or which bike you ride.

It's just common sense. Choose your bike and let your wife choose her shoes or whatever. It's not rocket science.

Given your experience and location I think the crf250l is a great choice for you. Buy it and I hope you enjoy it :) might get one as well.

I really dont care about who created any rumors any more than I care who sold more bikes or which bike you ride.

It's just common sense. Choose your bike and let your wife choose her shoes or whatever. It's not rocket science.

Given your experience and location I think the crf250l is a great choice for you. Buy it and I hope you enjoy it smile.png might get one as well.

Your posts sure belie your assertions. you brought up the rumours and this is at least the third time you expressed an opinion on my ride. I should not be surprised by your fascination with my wife buying the bike she did, it is an easy way for you to try and score a point edge-wise whilst offering nothing substantive to the conversation.

Given your experience and location I think the crf250l is a great choice for you. Buy it and I hope you enjoy it smile.png might get one as well.

Your posts sure belie your assertions. you brought up the rumours and this is at least the third time you expressed an opinion on my ride. I should not be surprised by your fascination with my wife buying the bike she did, it is an easy way for you to try and score a point edge-wise whilst offering nothing substantive to the conversation.

Not sure which rumours I started, maybe you can be more specific? :)

But my point stands, if you let your wife choose your bike with your money while you're working abroad then I think a short discussion with her might be better than arguing for three years with people on the internet who chose to buy the Ninja and are very happy with THEIR decision.

Wasn't me bro- you who are such a stickler for "facts" should do a little research before you try putting words in my mouth.

I predicted the CB'r' 250 would sell well in Thailand since it's cheap and it's a Honda. I don't judge a vehicle's quality by how many are sold. If that's how one measured quality, then the Honda Cub would be the greatest bike ever built, right?

It doesn't vex me that you have a Ninjette, but I am always puzzled tht you've had it for so long but still haven't learned how to ride it. Keeping stock exhaust and installing a powercommander is just weird. Having ridden with you on several occasions I think you'd be much more at home pottering about on a Phantom or a Steed.

Really?

Can you list another bike that has a DCT? I'm sure that in your mind the Porsche PDK is exactly the same as the slushbox that Toyota puts in their Vios.

Honda's tried auto transmissions in bikes before. Recall the monumental failure of the DN-01 (which had an automatic transmission similar to, but not identical to DCT) and the poor reviews of the VFR1200 DCT.

Yamaha tried an automatic transmission in their FJR1300AS. Yamaha Chip Controlled Shifting (YCC-S) was poorly received and the bike proved to be a monumental failure.

There's really nothing "cutting edge" about the NC700. The engine is derived from the Honda Fit/Jazz automobile and the DCT has been around for a while now.

It's a big scooter. The Integra clearly looks like a scooter (albeit a very ugly one) and the NC700X is the same scooter, dressed up to look like an adventure bike.

The only positive thing I can say is that DCT will be perfect for those riders who can't seem to manage a manual transmission and always find themself in the wrong gear. Sound familiar to anyone? ;)

Getting the thread back on track after those two slung their mud, has everyone seen this video? They don't seem to be pushing the bike very hard in the rough, but (and I could be wrong) there doesn't seem to be all that much suspension travel for really gnarly stuff. They also claim ~4000GBP which lines up with the CBR 250R's 4100GBP quite nicely. Perhaps the speculation that it will be priced in the same ballpark is close.

Wonder if the dealers in Nakhon Nowhere will price gouge like the dealers in the big areas did with the CBR. You rarely see sports bikes where I am at; the old 2T scooters converted over are really starting to take off though. Will this mean more demand for this type of bike in baan nok areas especially if it undercuts the competitor's pricing as much as it is rumoured to do?

As a warning the music is pretty annoying.

Also says June 2012.... 4000gbp is 195000 baht ?!

March 2012 @ 115000 a bit off ?!

Seems very odd that dealers wouldn't know price and delivery date if it was to be here in 2-3-4 weeks

Nothing odd about it - if you know AP Honda, it's par for the course. I also think March will see the official Thai introduction - that doesn't mean it's going to be widely available. They will trickle in slowly over the next few months... most likely there will be a waiting list and pre-orders and price gauging (aka supply and demand) etc...

Also says June 2012.... 4000gbp is 195000 baht ?!

March 2012 @ 115000 a bit off ?!

Not really.

The first one is for the UK,,right?

The CBR250R was released here almost 6 months before the UK, and many were bought for between 99k and 110k.

When released in the UK months later RRP was, and still is 4,100 pounds (so, I believe)

Archived