Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the big question, will it be better than the KLX? I wan't to know which one will be superior off road.

ive heard the honda will be a bit faster but a good side by side comparison on youtube is welcome

if the crf250 is around the price of a cbr 250 i will get one to play with for awhile

So the big question, will it be better than the KLX? I wan't to know which one will be superior off road.

These bikes are not about speed if I wanted a fast bike I would be buying a 600 cc or above sports bike these are more about how they handle in the dirt and off road tracks I have a feeling the klx may well have better suspension and frame and that's where the big price difference should show up.

ive heard the honda will be a bit faster but a good side by side comparison on youtube is welcome

if the crf250 is around the price of a cbr 250 i will get one to play with for awhile

Sorry don't know what happened above all the quotes have been mixed up mods feel free to delete above post

I will try again

These bikes are not about speed if I wanted a fast bike I would be buying a 600 cc or above sports bike these are more about how they handle in the dirt and off road tracks I have a feeling the klx may well have better suspension and frame and that's where the big price difference should show up.

The Kawasaki of course wink.png

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

If you want a serious off road bike go for the crf250r will beat the kawa on every level

Absolutely! But Neither the KLX nor the CRFL are competition bikes, are they? :)

The Kawasaki of course wink.png

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

If you want a serious off road bike go for the crf250r will beat the kawa on every level

Absolutely! But Neither the KLX nor the CRFL are competition bikes, are they? :)

Correct but this is the good thing about it we know have a choice you want a dual sport you have klx/crf you want pure off road you have klx/crf although the klx140 maybe lacking a bit of power for some but still excellent bike to play around on.

Correct but this is the good thing about it we know have a choice you want a dual sport you have klx/crf you want pure off road you have klx/crf although the klx140 maybe lacking a bit of power for some but still excellent bike to play around on.

I know very little about dirtbikes- does Kawasaki have a competition grade 250 dirtbike?

ps. <deleted> is wrong with the quotes on ThaiVisa?!

I know very little about dirtbikes- does Kawasaki have a competition grade 250 dirtbike?

ps. <deleted> is wrong with the quotes on ThaiVisa?!

Of course they do; the KX250F! It's only a single though...but aren't most motocross bikes?

Sorry don't know what happened above all the quotes have been mixed up mods feel free to delete above post

I will try again

Is the "F" version frame very different than the "R" version? I'd assume that lower quality alloys were used to meet the rumoured price point; but other than weighing more, will they provide the same strength?

In that video that I linked to above the guy was putting a hurting on the suspension; I shudder to think what my lard ass would do to it if rode hard.

I.M.O it's a good thing that Honda bringing this CRF250F on the market, so more people can enjoy riding on and OFF road.

When i first came to Thailand it surprised me, (still does) that there are so few off road bikes around, in a country filled with dirt roads.I know, for the average Thai there way to expensive. But when i would be Honda Thailand i seriously would consider to put a rugged "off road" version of the Honda Wave on the market, i would be curious to see how it would sell.

Sometimes i see some modified Wave's with knobby tires and raised suspension,so there are some Thais around which see the advantage of such a bike.

Back to the CRF, it looks like a nice bike, and will be a good competition to the KLX , which is the better bike?? i think the KLX (as some posters wrote), build to be sold everywhere in the world at higher standards.

I am perfectly happy with my KLX ( but would also have considered a CRF when it would have been on the market that time)

Both of these bikes are not hardcore dirtbikes but for nice (almost) go everywhere rides there the perfect partners.

For those who never had such a bike, i should say try it, you won't be disappointed, being able to go where no other bikes can go ( excapt Waves ofcourse)

"doing it in the dirt"

i talked with a honda dealer today and he reckon the price will be probably the same as the CBR 250 although " nothing is confirmed yet "" and the price will depend on honda in a few weeks time

if its really only 100k i will get one to play with on the weekends ;)

i talked with a honda dealer today and he reckon the price will be probably the same as the CBR 250 although " nothing is confirmed yet "" and the price will depend on honda in a few weeks time

if its really only 100k i will get one to play with on the weekends wink.png

I heard the same from a local dealer, but sometimes i think its more a case of them enjoying just chewing the cud and they know sweet FA really. Is it the usual deal for AP Honda to announce a retail price of every bike released to the Thai market like they did with the

CBR250, how far in advance was the cat let out of the bag last time! can anyone remember.

Anyway when it does turn up and the price is right i will be getting one for a weekend offroad toy just hope im lucky enough to bump in to this little hotty up in dem der mountains.post-69640-0-91184700-1329473159_thumb.j

Kawasaki don't make anything to compete with the CRF250X, which is a proper enduro bike that can be made road legal. I wish there was something like that available here.

Again, being a complete noob to dirtbikes, would the Kawasaki KX250 be comparable to the Honda CRF250R?

I found a brand new one in Bangkok for only 290k Baht. A lot cheaper than the Honda CRF250R, but how does it compare?

DSCN0168.jpg

100_1671.jpg

Tony, the KX250F does stand up to the Honda CRF250R, heres a review of the 2012 bikes..

http://www.motorcycl...s-Shootout.aspx

That price comparison isn't really fair though, brand new 2012 imported CRF250R's are about 285,000baht, very similar to the kawasaki you found. Both Importer prices. The 310,000 figure is through the Honda Big Bike Dealers. In the importer world the prices are pretty even.

Example....

http://mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=642306

Tony, the KX250F does stand up to the Honda CRF250R, heres a review of the 2012 bikes..

http://www.motorcycl...s-Shootout.aspx

That price comparison isn't really fair though, brand new 2012 imported CRF250R's are about 285,000baht, very similar to the kawasaki you found. Both Importer prices. The 310,000 figure is through the Honda Big Bike Dealers. In the importer world the prices are pretty even.

Example....

http://mocyc.com/sto...assified=642306

Cheers Mate! smile.png

Thanks for the links and info!

Great comparison review- seems you can't go wrong with either the Kawasaki or the Honda. Of course, noob that I am, I plan to start out with a nice tame KLX250 or CFR250L before I contemplate moving up to a competition grade bike.

The only price I've seen for the Honda CRF250R was at the Honda display at the Bangkok Bike Festival for 319k Baht...

420561_10151229632440710_508210709_22940834_70588189_n.jpg

Seems Honda, Thailand are really taking the piss with their pricing... Their Goldwing, NC700 scooters, restricted CBR1000RR and VFR are all crazy over-priced...Seems like it's much better to buy from an independent importer.

Hope to catch up with you this afternoon!

T

Yeah the big 4 250f's are all good bikes, as is the KTM. Not much between them nowadays and as I said before they're already available here through places like DirtShop so Honda releasing the CRF250R for 310,000 isn't massive news IMO. If I was buying a MX bike in LOS I'd probably opt for a smoker anyway (probably the KTM 250SX as KTM are the only ones still putting a lot of R&D into the 2 strokes) due to ease of maintenance and repairing compared to the thumpers.

The CRF250L release in Thailand for around 100k is more significant IMO because it's cheaper then the limited competition and importing and registering a 'road' bike is more problematic (emissions, plate etc.) than importing something like a MX bike for closed circuit use.

Yeah the big 4 250f's are all good bikes, as is the KTM. Not much between them nowadays and as I said before they're already available here through places like DirtShop so Honda releasing the CRF250R for 310,000 isn't massive news IMO. If I was buying a MX bike in LOS I'd probably opt for a smoker anyway (probably the KTM 250SX as KTM are the only ones still putting a lot of R&D into the 2 strokes) due to ease of maintenance and repairing compared to the thumpers.

The CRF250L release in Thailand for around 100k is more significant IMO because it's cheaper then the limited competition and importing and registering a 'road' bike is more problematic (emissions, plate etc.) than importing something like a MX bike for closed circuit use.

Yeah, I'm looking to get a road legal dirt bike so it will definitely be a choice between the KLX250 and the CRF250L. Just waiting to see what the price will be for the Honda and how it will compare to the KLX in terms of suspension, power, handling and durability.

Serious MX bike will probably be in my next life ;)

The real interesting developement would be if they start to bring in the enduro specific models, i.e CRFX models or the WR line. Kawasaki also have their KLX450 and suzuki now have a rmx450z enduro bike(which ive just ordered..hehe).

However like you said Tony, it seems as though they will never be able to compete with the importer prices, so cant see them selling all that well unless they start to crack down on the importers methods.................?

Tony, you basically have 3 types of dirt bikes. MX bikes, enduro bikes and trail bikes.

-MX bikes are like the CRF-R and the KX they have narrow aggressive power bands and close ratio gearing, which makes them not so good on the road or riding off road tracks around the countryside etc.. but good for racing around a MX track.

-Enduro bikes like the CRF-X or WR-F have smoother power throughout the rev range and wider ratio gearing so you can use them over a wider range of terrain. They often have lights, key, stands etc.. which make them more suitable for general dirt riding on trails or on the road if you can convert one to be road legal. All new MX and enduro bikes are very high maintenance due to their high performance engines, you need to change the oil every 15 hours and do a top end rebuild every 100 hours, they are both very good off road though.

-Finally you have the trail bikes like the CRF-L and the KLX, they are fully road legal from new and require much less maintenance but are nowhere near as good off road as they are much heavier, have less power and less suspension than enduro or MX bikes. One exception to this is the new KTM Freeride 350 which looks set to be the best trail bike around at about 30kg lighter than a KLX, more power and high quality suspension.

Looks like it will be sold with options for aftermarket bits. With the speculation of it being cheaper than a klx you could afford to make it loo like this straight from the showroom floor for a similar price?

IMG_1006.jpg

If the lady in red is one of the options I might trade in my 250 D-tracker motard. How much extra does she add to the price?

Yeah, I'm looking to get a road legal dirt bike so it will definitely be a choice between the KLX250 and the CRF250L. Just waiting to see what the price will be for the Honda and how it will compare to the KLX in terms of suspension, power, handling and durability.

Serious MX bike will probably be in my next life wink.png

If the CRF250L retains the same power figures as the CBR250R, then you can expect the CRF250L to have about 4 more rear-wheel horsepower (about 22 hp) compared to the KLX250 (about 18 hp). This is based on online dyno figures for each bike (not clear if this was on the same dyno - and this assumes little variability in power output within models).

Mike

If the CRF250L retains the same power figures as the CBR250R, then you can expect the CRF250L to have about 4 more rear-wheel horsepower (about 22 hp) compared to the KLX250 (about 18 hp). This is based on online dyno figures for each bike (not clear if this was on the same dyno - and this assumes little variability in power output within models).

Mike

Would that be compared to a stock KLX or a derestricted one?

Mike

Would that be compared to a stock KLX or a derestricted one?

To a stock KLX

Archived