Honda Crf 250L

RED21

I wish they would hurry up and release the spec. I want an off road bike and if they can make it light enough I might go for it. I am hoping they can make it 120kg dry, which is what has been rumoured. On the other hand if it's an overweight pig then I will consider going for the new KTM Freeride 350 which is only 98kg dry, or a second hand enduro bike which would be around 110kg. The CRF-L will be heavier than both of those for sure, but if it's only a little heavier it will be worth it as it will be a couple hundred thousand baht cheaper.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the new KTM Freeride 350 which is only 98kg dry

What sorta coin are they here in Thailand ?

If a KTM DUKE 200cc costs 220,000 thb you can bet the Freeride 350cc will be well expensive ............

far too expenisve to be compared against the klx i would imagine .......

465,000thb from the dealer, road legal. You can have one imported for around 360,000thb but would have to pay more if you wanted a greenbook. So around 3 times the price of a CRF-L and KLX. They ARE the same category of bike, just that the Freeride is a lot lot better and you pay for it. The CRF and KLX are at the bottom end of the range in the market, the KTM is at the top and in between you have bikes like the WR-R, which is not available here.

Yeah, I'm looking to get a road legal dirt bike so it will definitely be a choice between the KLX250 and the CRF250L. Just waiting to see what the price will be for the Honda and how it will compare to the KLX in terms of suspension, power, handling and durability.

Serious MX bike will probably be in my next life wink.png

If the CRF250L retains the same power figures as the CBR250R, then you can expect the CRF250L to have about 4 more rear-wheel horsepower (about 22 hp) compared to the KLX250 (about 18 hp). This is based on online dyno figures for each bike (not clear if this was on the same dyno - and this assumes little variability in power output within models).

Mike

Would that be compared to a stock KLX or a derestricted one?

To a stock KLX

Ah, ok, thanks. The stock KLX is quite severely restricted. Fortunately it's a very easy fix. Still, I think I'll wait until I can take a CRF250L for a spin before I make a decision. Cheers!

465,000thb from the dealer, road legal. You can have one imported for around 360,000thb but would have to pay more if you wanted a greenbook. So around 3 times the price of a CRF-L and KLX. They ARE the same category of bike, just that the Freeride is a lot lot better and you pay for it. The CRF and KLX are at the bottom end of the range in the market, the KTM is at the top and in between you have bikes like the WR-R, which is not available here.

The KTM Freeride 350 looks like a fantastic bike, but that is a lot of coin for something you're going to drop in the dirt ;)

What I like about the KLX and presumably the CRF-L is how incredibly cheap they are to run and repair. Replacement parts for the Kawasaki KLX are readily available and shockingly cheap.

Say, are you quite certain the KTM Freeride 350 comes in a road-legal version? I've done some searching and can't seem to find a road-legal version.

KTM-Freeride-350-2012.jpg

It would need mirrors, signals and a tail light. Certainly those could be added, but I get the impression that KTM doesn't make a road version of this bike. Or at least I can't find one...

Definitely going to be road legal, as confirmed by dealers in Europe and here. It will probably come with an indicator kit and mirrors. The front and rear lights are already on it. It's expensive but it's 35kg lighter than a KLX and more powerful, that is an awful lot of difference off road. The suspension is top quality as well with wp back and front shocks, the KLX or the CRF won't come even close in terms of off road worthiness. If they can make the CRF light enough with better low end than the KLX I would get one, as it is a lot cheaper than the KTM.

Also, all of KTMs EXC bikes are road legal (apart from the 2 strokes in some places), they don't look road legal in pictures but they are.

Ah, ok, thanks. The stock KLX is quite severely restricted. Fortunately it's a very easy fix. Still, I think I'll wait until I can take a CRF250L for a spin before I make a decision. Cheers!

The restriction only limits the revs in the top gears. The simple de-restrctions just remove that rev limiter, so in the lower gears it is the same with no actual increase in power. If you buy an API ECU and tune it, then you can coax some more power out of it.

Definitely going to be road legal, as confirmed by dealers in Europe and here. It will probably come with an indicator kit and mirrors. The front and rear lights are already on it. It's expensive but it's 35kg lighter than a KLX and more powerful, that is an awful lot of difference off road. The suspension is top quality as well with wp back and front shocks, the KLX or the CRF won't come even close in terms of off road worthiness. If they can make the CRF light enough with better low end than the KLX I would get one, as it is a lot cheaper than the KTM.

Also, all of KTMs EXC bikes are road legal (apart from the 2 strokes in some places), they don't look road legal in pictures but they are.

Good to know! No doubt this little KTM beastie will eat the KLX and CRF-L for breakfast, but with a price tag of around 465k Baht I think I'd rather buy a 150K baht KLX and tart it up with API ECU, exhaust, big bore kit and still have enough money left over for a CFR-L ;)

Good to know! No doubt this little KTM beastie will eat the KLX and CRF-L for breakfast, but with a price tag of around 465k Baht I think I'd rather buy a 150K baht KLX and tart it up with API ECU, exhaust, big bore kit and still have enough money left over for a CFR-L wink.png

so once you get your KLX or CRF let me know so we can go for a spin around. I have owned a CRF230L and a DR650S in the Philippines and liked the ability to go off the street. If the CRF250L would have been available I might have bought one, now I am still happy with the KLX...

Been riding a pcx past week or so and unless Honda pull their finger out a get the crf down here I'm thinking I'll just get me a pcx and be a local lazy sunday scoot rider...

they are vastly differnt bikes ,cant really be compared against each other in any useful way because they are so dis-similar but as usual its horses for courses .....

if it was me i would surely wait instead of droping the best part of 100k on a scooter unless around town shopping is what you like to do with it

crf should be a more fun go anywhere kinda bike ,probably good for most things except highway crusing with the fortuners

Been riding a pcx past week or so and unless Honda pull their finger out a get the crf down here I'm thinking I'll just get me a pcx and be a local lazy sunday scoot rider...

Pcx and a offroad bike is like to talk about to buy a Volvo insted of a Bmw.

Please wait for the Crf so we can take a spinn here on phuket...i will defenetly wait for the forest bike.

My wife drives a PCX lol

Well today is march 1st the bike is supposed to come out this month so if all hondas ideas go to plan I think I can say I will have a brand new bike within 4 weeks to be honest been waiting so long now I can't even remember who said and confirmed that it's released this month I remember when they released the 7 new models it simply said coming soon one thing is for sure Honda seem good at keeping secrets bike out any day now and set for world wide release and still no specifications released.

Well today is march 1st the bike is supposed to come out this month so if all hondas ideas go to plan I think I can say I will have a brand new bike within 4 weeks to be honest been waiting so long now I can't even remember who said and confirmed that it's released this month I remember when they released the 7 new models it simply said coming soon one thing is for sure Honda seem good at keeping secrets bike out any day now and set for world wide release and still no specifications released.

information is very scarce when it comes to honda,the new pcx 150 is also coming any day now and nobody has a clue how much it wil cost

i was talking to a dealer and he says the cbr 150 is now 86,000b and there is not much stock

march may be optimistic ,some people are saying april for the new bikes

Congratulations on the new bike Tony. It should surprise a few people at those kawasaki off road days because it looks quite standard and I also believe it is a 351 which sounds cooler to me. Will be a great tool for practicing wheelies and powerslides so hopefully a few videos to follow?

Screw it, I'm not going to wait for Honda to get their $hit together. Picking up a nicely modded KLX350 on Monday!

web.jpg?ver=13301574850001

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Saw this for sale myself a couple of days ago was alittle tempted myself maybe if it had been alittle nearer I might have gone for it great price and loads of extras included congrats enjoy.....

Screw it, I'm not going to wait for Honda to get their $hit together. Picking up a nicely modded KLX350 on Monday!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Nice!!! Congrats!! I'll race you in the dirt on the CRF if and when it arrives... :P

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Nice!!! Congrats!! I'll race you in the dirt on the CRF if and when it arrives... tongue.png

You're on Nikster! I'm a total dirt novice so you'll probably whoop my butt! When I rode a standard KLX250 around the Red Bull Enduro Park a couple weeks ago it was a blast! Can't wait to get out and about on this 350! Happy Trails! Tony

Hopefull it will be available start of march that makes it about a 7 week wait.....,
so much for being available in March, AP Honda of not even had the decency to put a price on it as yet for there eagerly awaiting customers. Turds

Patience is a virtue it's only 3 days into march I agree it is not looking good though and if it don't come in march you then have songran in the middle of April so nothing happens for 7 days.

The owner of most of the Honda dealers in our province is a good friend off the wifes family I put my order in with him as soon as I knew they were coming out so I should be Getting the first 1 he gets delivered to showroom all I can do is wait for the phone call could come next week could come next month

Archived