Honda Crf 250L

RED21

So how much is it if you have put a order in allready?

Well thats still a big mystery along with weight and spec sheet myself I do not really want to pay more than 120 k however from his cbr 250 prices I know my dealer is not the cheapest and since he owns all the dealerships in krabi he has a bit of a monopoly on it time will tell.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!!! Congrats!! I'll race you in the dirt on the CRF if and when it arrives... tongue.png

You're on Nikster! I'm a total dirt novice so you'll probably whoop my butt! When I rode a standard KLX250 around the Red Bull Enduro Park a couple weeks ago it was a blast! Can't wait to get out and about on this 350! Happy Trails! Tony

Don't worry I am even more of a novice, I have ridden in the dirt *once* which should make this all the more fun... 555 ...

As for delivery they said it comes in March which means it will be here March 31st. Nobody said anything about March 1st. Give it some time folks... I am not going to be back in CM until April anyway so no big deal here...

Seems below is all the info available at the moment

Official specifications have yet to be announced, though Honda did confirm the CRF250L uses a twin-tube oval pipe steel frame, inverted forks, ProLink rear suspension and aluminum swingarm.

Seems below is all the info available at the moment

Official specifications have yet to be announced, though Honda did confirm the CRF250L uses a twin-tube oval pipe steel frame, inverted forks, ProLink rear suspension and aluminum swingarm.

shocking lack of info released ,no wonder the dealers cant put a price on it yet !

Why would they not release the specs, surely if they are going to be available this month the basic specs will be finalised. I want to know how heavy it is and how good the suspension is.

Heavy and agricultural.

Honda always skimp on suspension unless its the MX/sports bikes.

Just look at the crap they put on the CBR150/250, stuff no better than mid 70s!

It is rumoured to be 120kg dry, which would be good enough at almost 10kg lighter than the KLX250 and with more power.

Was looking at the klx specs last night im sure it's 138kg can't really see the Honda being 120 kg any one no the weight difference between the engines,it's almost like Honda have forgot their realeasing this bike the other crf 250r announced after the 250l and had full specs ,price and release date.

Why would they not release the specs, surely if they are going to be available this month the basic specs will be finalised. I want to know how heavy it is and how good the suspension is.

Heavy and agricultural.

Seriously?

Any manufacturer trying to meet the sub 150K mark for a 250cc+ machine has to skimp somewhere. The Ninja 250R uses a 37mm Showa fork. The CBR 250R uses a....37mm Showa fork. Granted both are non-adjustable and from all reports the CBR is sprung softer, but to single out Honda for such a comment is a bit silly.

here are the specs i got from Honda Australia, though still a bit sketchy on detail.

9kgs heavier than the kwaka KLX250, lower seat height and less ground clearance.

CRF250L specifications

Engine Type 249.6cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke

DOHC 4-valve single cylinder

Bore and Stroke 76mm x56mm

Valve Train DOHC 4-valve

Carburation PGM-FI electronic fuel injection

Ignition CDl with electronic advance

Transmission 6-speed constant mesh

Starter Electric

Final Drive 520 a-ring chain

Front Suspension 43mm inverted fork

Rear Suspension Pro-link single shock

Front Brake Hydraulic disc

Rear Brake Hydraulic disc

Front Tyre 3.00 x 21 inch

RearTyre 120/80 x 18 inch

Dimensions 2,195mm x 819mm x 1,195mm

Wheelbase 1,445mm

Seat Height 882mm

Ground Clearance 258mm

Fuel Capacity 7.7 litres

Kerb Weight 147kg

post-70604-0-92129800-1331111238_thumb.j

Well looks like the rumours were wrong. That is bad news if it is true, I won't be buying a CRF either if it is.

That is the same weight as a KTM Enduro 690r, <deleted> are they thinking.....

At last good work has a clock and fuel gauge too woo hoo

Definitely bit on the heavy side all we need now is price and arrival date.

If only kawasaki did the klx 140 in a road going version would be perfect at 72000 bht 90 kg and has carb so can gain a little more power.

Heavy and agricultural.

Seriously?

Any manufacturer trying to meet the sub 150K mark for a 250cc+ machine has to skimp somewhere. The Ninja 250R uses a 37mm Showa fork. The CBR 250R uses a....37mm Showa fork. Granted both are non-adjustable and from all reports the CBR is sprung softer, but to single out Honda for such a comment is a bit silly.

yes you are correct, i was targeting honda as this thread is about hondas,

just annoys me that they (all) tart them up to look something they are not.

suspension components no better than what was used 30/40+ yrs ago on the cbr/ninja are

a joke imo.

Heavy and agricultural.

Seriously?

suspension components no better than what was used 30/40+ yrs ago on the cbr/ninja are

a joke imo.

thats actually what their research has led them to believe

its no accident that the cbr and ninja 250 look like larger faster bikes

thats what sells ,even the cbr 150 has grown to almost the size of the 250

Heavy and agricultural.

Seriously?

a joke imo.

Come on what do you expect these are not their top spec top of the range bikes they are beginner entry level bikes at a cheap price they have the top end top spec models available if you want them at considerable more cost

Curb = 147? Balls to that then! Apart from spending crazy money on a new KTM Freeride (nice), what are the options for getting a plated and booked trails bike that's some lighter than the KLX? Are there any older models that make sense with regard to price and spares prices/availability? Pretty sure 'no' is the short answer but... Frikin import tax!

Curb = 147? Balls to that then! Apart from spending crazy money on a new KTM Freeride (nice), what are the options for getting a plated and booked trails bike that's some lighter than the KLX? Are there any older models that make sense with regard to price and spares prices/availability? Pretty sure 'no' is the short answer but... Frikin import tax!

From the dynos I've been able to find on google images for the KLX it seems that as long as Honda doesn't detune the engine too much (say ~8% max down on peak HP) the weight/power ratio should be about the same. The same dynos seem to indicate that the Kawi peaks and is rapidly downhill; I don't know if that run was in a gear where the restrictor was operating or not though. The CBR engine is more consistent in power delivery.

I also question how much clearance you're actually going to use on either of these bikes. Are the frames going to hold up to fully utilising all that suspension travel?

Ta but it's not the power/weight ratio I'm bothered by - just the weight. As in unwieldly, difficult to pick up, etc. Which matters to me on trails - especially when things get wet.

Guess, like a lot here, I want something better, and would even be happy to pay (a reasonable and relative amount) more for it - but that just can't be had here. Thought they would have got the weight down more though... Ah well!

From the dynos I've been able to find on google images for the KLX it seems that as long as Honda doesn't detune the engine too much (say ~8% max down on peak HP) the weight/power ratio should be about the same. The same dynos seem to indicate that the Kawi peaks and is rapidly downhill; I don't know if that run was in a gear where the restrictor was operating or not though. The CBR engine is more consistent in power delivery.

I also question how much clearance you're actually going to use on either of these bikes. Are the frames going to hold up to fully utilising all that suspension travel?

Are you looking at dyno runs for the carb'd KLX or the FI KLX?

Remember, the Thai KLX250 is fuel injected and restricted.

Fortunately it's quite easy and cheap to derestrict and there are TONS of aftermarket parts for all versions of the KLX since it's been around for so many years.

The hefty weight and lower ground clearance of the new Honda CRF250L is not good news. Perhaps Honda will beat the KLX250 on price. Seems that's Honda's strategy these days... Build cheap bikes and sell them in volume.

Power to weight is important but on an off road bike so is the weight alone. At 147kg it is a fat pig and will be completely useless off road, you could use a XR650r or a KTM Enduro R and have 3 times the power for the same weight. Honda's XR250 was a lighter bike and had the same power as this new CRF, why are they going backwards?

Power to weight is important but on an off road bike so is the weight alone. At 147kg it is a fat pig and will be completely useless off road, you could use a XR650r or a KTM Enduro R and have 3 times the power for the same weight. Honda's XR250 was a lighter bike and had the same power as this new CRF, why are they going backwards?

is the cbr 250 not around 150 kg ?

Yes and we all know what a superb offroad tool that is:-)

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yes and we all know what a superb offroad tool that is:-)

Posted wi

th Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

oho dear ,it looks like its only going to be 10 kilos lighter than the cbr 250r

147 versus 157 are their kerb weights

my local dealer thinks it should be around 100k so it might be worth using for a urban assault bike with road tyres , d-tracker style but 60k cheaper and maybe a bit more power

the cbr250 is 161 kg (non-abs). As long as the engine on the CRF is not restricted and with the lighter weight (compared to the CBR) it will make a decent motard, but as a trail bike ???? To keep the price low maybe the suspension will be compromised and i wonder if it will stand up to some bush bashing. Maybe the bike is intended for use on flood ravaged roads in Thailand, rather than off road! laugh.png

[quote name=taichiplanet' timestamp='1331170

757' post='5116984]

the cbr250 is 161 kg (non-abs). As long as the engine on the CRF is not restricted and with the lighter weight (compared to the CBR) it will make a decent motard, but as a trail bike ???? To keep the price low maybe the suspension will be compromised and i wonder if it will stand up to some bush bashing. Maybe the bike is intended for use on flood ravaged roads in Thailand, rather than off road! laugh.png

aha yes ,it is the older cbr 250rr that weighed 157kg dry

https://www.google.com/search?q=cbr+250+weight&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

for 100k i would still give it a shot and if it doesnt perform id sell it in 6 months for 80k ,not too much money to risk for a 250 bike

made by honda

At last good work has a clock and fuel gauge too woo hoo

Definitely bit on the heavy side all we need now is price and arrival date.

If only kawasaki did the klx 140 in a road going version would be perfect at 72000 bht 90 kg and has carb so can gain a little more power.

As I recall there is a street-legal version of the KLX140 they just don't sell them in Thailand.

Archived