Weekend In Yangon Myanmar

lorddaverichards

Hi Guys

Some info please

Am going to Myanmar with my GF at the end of the month for a long weekend out Bgk Friday night to Yangon and return Monday morning.

In the process of getting visas for both of us and would like to know the following.

I have to use crisp US Dollars while in Myanmar - does anyone have recent experience where i can change these when i arrive ? at the airport or in the city ? where ?

Have booked a hotel in the centre next to the temple and need to know how much will a taxi be from the airport ? in US Dollars ? where can i check the Xchange rate ?

Dont intend to venture far but can someone who has been recently give me a ball park figure how much will i need - dont intend to go overboad in restaurants like eating in local places - how much do these cost ?

Plan to go to the temple any idea of costs etc and is there anything else I should see while i am in Yangon for the weekend really only have 2 days and again what are the costs

The reason for my questions is when i normally go away can use atm's to get cash at the airport and know i cant do this hence my enquiry

many thanks

Dave

Dave, I can't answer your specific questions, as we went on a prepaid private tour with guide, car, etc., whereas you're going under your own steam. However, I put together a few bits of information from our trip to Yangon at New Year and they may be of some interest to you. They're on another thread in this forum:

http://www.thaivisa....ar-at-new-year/

For your more specific questions I'd suggest the Trip Advisor Yangon Forum, keeping in mind that Myanmar is changing and some of the advice on that forum is now possibly dated.

http://www.tripadvis...on_Rangoon.html

Have a good trip.

Xangsamhua

No need to change your Yankee Dollars. As a tourist virtually everything will be priced in USD (and many times the rate the locals pay). And for those things that aren't, the vendor will still be happy to accept your greenbacks.

• 3 months later...

Maybe a bit late but it may be of interest to other readers.

As from early March you can exchange your (spotless) US$, Euros and HK$ at banks in Yangon an Mandalay.

In Yangon there is bank at the entrance to Scott Market.

In Mandalay there are two options. First option is the UAB bank inside the Diamond Plaza shopping centre and the second option is in a bank opposite this center. This bank has a sign with exchange rates hanging outside.