US Embassy Warns Of Possible Terrorist Attack In Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why only American warning , any other embassies sent their warning ? soundds strange !

The Americans looking after themselves as usual! What's that saying again......"When the going gets tough, screw you"..

Yep .. you've got the picture. And it's never been any different.

why only American warning , any other embassies sent their warning ? soundds strange !

Good embassy service?

"Good embassy service"? No. Simply a miserable indifference to all others, including so-called allies, that is those who the US drag into conflicts born out of US policies. The Aussie embassy would on the hotline to all others were they to receive a credible warning.

What makes you think they didn't call all their allies? Only an assumption on your part.

• Like 1

RT @terryfrd: Js@js100radio says Chalerm is about to make a statement on arrest of 2 Lebanese Hizbollah members.

Hizbollah is Iran sponsored, at least from some rather large radical groups within Iran and they're everywhere on the planet, including sleepers. Still not convinced yet that this has anything to do with the hype of warning. Arrest are made on an allmost daily base over this worldwide, no hype created. See Europe for example ... and there are solid reasons when arrests are made.

Good embassy service?

"Good embassy service"? No. Simply a miserable indifference to all others, including so-called allies, that is those who the US drag into conflicts born out of US policies. The Aussie embassy would on the hotline to all others were they to receive a credible warning.

What makes you think they didn't call all their allies? Only an assumption on your part.

Actually is is SOP and there is no way that they didn't.

• Like 2

Actually is is SOP and there is no way that they didn't.

Exactly, but since it was US intelligence, other countries probably weren't comfortable issuing an alert. I'm sure these are similar to earthquake alerts. Some are good, some are bad. But worth paying attention to.

I find it very interesting to read so many anti-American comments on this thread but the posters will not state their own nationality.

Why is that?

<snip> American government continuously commits terrorist actions, then gives a warning to its citizens in bangkok.

1) Are you saying that the American government has continuously been giving warnings to its citizens in bangkok?

2) One can't help but note that you STILL haven't divulged your nationality. I guess you don't have very much respect for the intelligence of TV members.

I guess "one" didn't read my earlier post. Now it's your turn.

It is worrying to hear that Bangkok is threatened in this way. What have the Americans done now? For sure they must have done something bad to people to want to hurt to them. But I wish they would not choose Bangkok - the Bangkokians have not done anything to these people for sure.

Hadn't you heard? They are rude, arrogant, uneducated, and only 30% of them have passports. They simply are not at good as Europeans, and this State department warning is yet more proof of that.

Actually, that would only be 18%

Americans don't really need passports.

Cuba -- Miami

Outer Space -- Salt Lake City

Vietnam -- San Jose

Mexico -- East LA

Israel -- Brooklyn

Sweden -- Minnesota

Poland -- Chicago

Generic Europe -- San Francisco

China -- also San Francisco

Gay Utopia -- also San Francisco

Burrito Utopia -- also San Francisco

French Canada -- Lousiana

Ethiopia -- Washington D.C.

etc., etc. ...

Most diverse city on the planet by far where you can get just about anything and hear and even interact with people from every corner of the globe: Queens and greater NYC.

DPM, Police Chief Confirm Arrest of Two Suspected Lebanese Terrorists

In response to the U.S. embassy's issuance of an emergency warning in Bangkok, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra revealed that authorities have known of the threat for sometime. She added that the National Intelligence Agency and the National Police Office are closely following the developments.

At the same time, National Police Chief Priewpan Damapong confirmed that the U.S. had informed Thailand that two Lebanese nationals linked to the Hezbollah group and suspected of terrorism had entered Thailand and could possibly be staging an attack.

Initial reports indicate that he and Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung both went on to confirm that the two suspects have been arrested. There has not been any confirmation that the two arrested suspects are the reason behind the emergency warning.

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Thani Thongphakdi told a press conference that the US embassy has been sharing information about the threat with the ministry and other foreign embassies for some time and the other embassies are in the process of considering whether to issue a similar warning.

The US Embassy in Bangkok posted an emergency message to its citizens of a possible terrorist threat on its website this afternoon.

The message on the US Embassy website said quote "This message alerts US citizens in Thailand that foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok in the near future. US citizens are urged to exercise caution when visiting public areas where large groups of Western tourists gather in Bangkok. US citizens are encouraged to maintain a heightened awareness when out in public; be alert for unattended packages/bags in public/crowded places and report any suspicious behavior to the nearest law enforcement personnel. We also encourage you to keep a low profile in public areas, particularly areas frequented by foreign tourists." end quote.

A little later, a recall message was sent out to recall the emergency message, but then the recall message was withdrawn saying it was a technical error and the original emergency message still stands.

US Ambassador to Thailand Kristie Kenney confirmed the authenticity of the message via her Twitter account @KristieKenny. She added that the message should be read carefully and be considered as US citizens in Bangkok plan their activities.

In a phone interview with TAN Network, US Embassy Spokesman Walter Braunohler reiterated that there is specific and credible information about a terrorist attack in Bangkok in the near future. However, he refused to disclose details as to the possible targets or the timeframe.

The warning can be accessed via the US Embassy's website at bangkok.usembassy.gov.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-01-13

footer_n.gif

This is a topic about the terrorist attack warning.

Do we really need to have 100 posts about World War II. That was 70 years ago. What is the relevance to this thread?

It is because if America would have reacted sooner at least 10 million Asias lives and 20 million Europeans lives would have been saved.

That is the reason. You must be German now I understand

It's the lead story on the 5 PM Thai news at this point. It's just odd that it came from the American Embassy. The Thais were going to ignore it? Just odd.

Oh, please. It is odd that the US embassy sent out a warning to their citizens who had registered with them for the purpose of getting messages from their embassy? Really? Odd, was that? Really? Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Do we really need to have 100 posts about World War II. That was 70 years ago. What is the relevance to this thread?

"What is the relevance to this thread?" ... None, ( but many Americans do seem to think they were the only ones there, even though they came in very late. However ... )

The Americans looking after themselves as usual! What's that saying again......"When the going gets tough, screw you"..

Yep .. you've got the picture. And it's never been any different.

I see you are a follower of the teachings of John "The Shaman" Perkins. The Shaman has spent far too many years in his smoke hut.

"What is the relevance to this thread?" ... None, ( but many Americans do seem to think they were the only ones there, even though they came in very late. However ... )

We were responding to a Dutchman calling the US govt. Nazis, ok? And the British role in liberating Holland was mentioned by me. Ok?

Embassies don't put out these warnings without good reason. I think we should take note and act accordingly.

I agree totally. dont forget about the warning about weapons of mass destruction. that turned out to be true also. wont be long now before the uk embassy jumps on board. jerk.gif

I don't recall any embassy putting out a warning on weapons of mass destruction, please tell us when that was.

If it helps, I can remember a discredited British Prime Minister claiming in Parliament that WMD were pointing at the UK with a 45 ETA, but that's not quite the same thing as you claim, is it?

Shame the UK had no prior warnings about the 7-7 terrorist bombings as there would be many innocent people alive today.

It is because if America would have reacted sooner at least 10 million Asias lives and 20 million Europeans lives would have been saved.

That is the reason. You must be German now I understand

(Cough) Chamberlain, Petain (Cough)

I find it very interesting to read so many anti-American comments on this thread but the posters will not state their own nationality.

Why is that?

OK, I'm a Dutch citizen and I'm sick of the US N**zi government. There it is ...

You mean the country that liberated (along with the Brits) your country from ACTUAL Nazis?

Strange how some forget eh.

So true!

They do forget, and are programmed to have exactly no respect or honor. They won't remember WW2 or the Cold War.

They don't respect their own elders and have never suffered.

Our embassy cares. We care. We are actually pretty cool people, period. Try getting to know us a little better, try living in our country, try to understand who we are. Why we would have an embassy that issues alerts to make sure people are safe. It's basic, simple, and human.

We are you. Your own ancestors, from every country, without exception, all migrated to the US and made a life. Pro-Freedom, anti-terrorist.

You don't speak for us. We speak for us. Do you ever hear us insult you in this forum? Ever? This was a post about a terrorist alert. Heed it.

Thanks to Thaivisa for deleting the deeply racist posts and banning those who went too far.

• Like 1

"Well, I'm already scared enough of Thais in general..."

Why, on earth?! Bad experiences?

I'm weary of being approached anywhere and always question people's motives and listen to my intuition but I'm not scared of anyone or any group.

probably a precaution to the incident here http://westminsterjo...-sparks-outrage

I think when they say imminent then they should give more details, otherwise it's fear mongering, or they have become paranoid now. a false flag could also be brewing ...

"They" did not say "imminent". Whoever started this thread did.

They did not use that word, but did say terrorists are CURRENTLY looking to conduct terrorist activities. I.E. Imminent...or soon.

Why then has the US Embassy recalled their messages to US citizens (of which I am one). I have nothing further than the recall and I just now checked.

"Well, I'm already scared enough of Thais in general..."

Why, on earth?! Bad experiences?

I'm weary of being approached anywhere and always question people's motives and listen to my intuition but I'm not scared of anyone or any group.

Thank you. I can't imagine how anyone could live here with that sort of mindset.