Chalerm Denies Threat Of Terror: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai police have released a picture of the "suspect" in the warnings issued by the US Embassy on "possible terrorist threat in Bangkok." He is identified in a Swedish passport as Atris Hussein, a Lebanese. He was detained at Suvarnnabhumi Airport on Jan 12.

Defence Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa told reporters that he had received intelligence "one or two days" earlier about a possible plot of terrorism against Israeli facilities in Bangkok "because they were said to have killed a number of Iranians."

Chalerm said intelligence to that effect had in fact been received by Thai authorities even before the New Year.

http://suthichaiyoon.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook...1212159&sk=wall

Ofcourse, another terrorist using my nations passports...not forgetting one of the leaders of PULO live not far away from where the gentleman above lived and got his passport renewed.

Just saying...

"A senior Thai intelligence officer, who did not want to be named, told news agency AFP that the Kingdom had been informed before the New Year by Israel of a possible threat. The suspect was detained on Thursday while the other man had already fled the country, he said.

'Nothing to worry about' "

For some reason that comment DOES make me worried.

So? back to the motherland then?

I am loving these made up terrorist threats just for keeping us all busy beeing scared...unfortunately I watched to many US soaps in my life, so NOTHING can make me scare anymore wai.gif

This story does not make sense, why would any foreigner, Arab or otherwise, want to bomb Bangkok? They all come here for their R&R! If they did cause trouble here their comrades would never forgive them. Local bombers maybe.

I reckon you don't know history here then.

Mr Surapong noted Thailand is a friendly country and expresses itself in the world's arena in an appropriate manner. He asked potential terrorists not to pose any threat to the country, for the world needs peace and Thailand is a Buddhist country that maintains peace as well. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-01-14

Well that's ok then, you tell'em Khun Surapong.....no need to worry now

"...... and you can have Pattani back tomorrow too if you like, na krap".

Edited by bigbamboo

Thai police have released a picture of the "suspect" in the warnings issued by the US Embassy on "possible terrorist threat in Bangkok." He is identified in a Swedish passport as Atris Hussein, a Lebanese. He was detained at Suvarnnabhumi Airport on Jan 12.

Defence Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapa told reporters that he had received intelligence "one or two days" earlier about a possible plot of terrorism against Israeli facilities in Bangkok "because they were said to have killed a number of Iranians."

Chalerm said intelligence to that effect had in fact been received by Thai authorities even before the New Year.

suspec2t.jpg

Swedish???

What did the USA ever do against Sweden?

Sweden has a longstanding tradition to make it hard for their own citicens to get foreign spouses to get in but have open doors to anyone from the middle east that will claim they are being persecuted. Especially when the Social Democrats was in power some years back, as they and the communist 'Vanstern' party hate Israel and where more than happy to let anyone in that was part of the armed struggle against them.

It,s A SHAME SWEDEN PROTECT TERRORIST, BUT IT,S A REAL FACT!

THEY DO IT, ALL TERRORISTS ARE WELCOME TO SWEDEN AND GET SWEDISH PASSPORTS AND PROTECTION OF THE SWEDISH GOVERMENT.

TO MANY EXAMPLE OF THIS DURING THE TIME.

WITHOUT SWEDEN EVERYTHIN HAVE BEEN MUCH EASIER TO CATCH THIS "ELEMENTS " WHO DESTROY, FOR ALL OTHERS.

LETS CATCH THEM !!!

LONG LIVE THE UNITED STATES !

AND A WORLD WITHOUT TERROR !

You may think again. There's nothing substantial to claim yet. All sides are vague with information. Looks more like misinformation from some govt agencies other than Thai.

Maybe by removing the (T)ERROR describes your thoughts?

Sweden is another of the world's fencesitters. Switzerland (amongst others) showed us during WW2 than you should never trust a 'neutral'.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

Sweden has a longstanding tradition to make it hard for their own citicens to get foreign spouses to get in but have open doors to anyone from the middle east that will claim they are being persecuted. Especially when the Social Democrats was in power some years back, as they and the communist 'Vanstern' party hate Israel and where more than happy to let anyone in that was part of the armed struggle against them.

I'd suggest to wait for the ticket investigation. It normally takes a minute or two. That will tell more than a probably fake passport. I'm suspecting Hezbollah smuggler ring with their people in the US paying the bills. Iranian counterfeiters are well known since years.

They have a hierarchy of quality for fake documents. - The better the quality the more serious the threat could be. They are also experts in bribing and stealing IDs. This way thousands of Muslims have been smuggled into Europe and the US, backed up by some agencies who handled it all.

Forgot to mentioned. Most ended up in Heathrow arriving first class with British Airways, after one or two stop overs and exchanging documents. The only safe way is to go through the payer of the tickets.They threw away all documents when they arrived and asked for asylum. This is the lower class standard procedure of the human smuggler rings, consisting of Pakistanis, Indians, IRANIANS and a few other nations. But as I said, they have a hierarchy that goes right to the top of terror.

Edited by elcent

I'm on "The List" at the America Embassey and have yet to receive my "warning". Chalerm should just assign his sons to find the outstanding suspects. I agree the most worrying statement of this new mess is the fact that the police have everything under control.

I'd suggest to wait for the ticket investigation. It normally takes a minute or two. That will tell more than a probably fake passport. I'm suspecting Hezbollah smuggler ring with their people in the US paying the bills. Iranian counterfeiters are well known since years.

They have a hierarchy of quality for fake documents. - The better the quality the more serious the threat could be. They are also experts in bribing and stealing IDs. This way thousands of Muslims have been smuggled into Europe and the US, backed up by some agencies who handled it all.

I think you will find it that there is very little need to fake a passport from Sweden.

You do know that one of the leaders of PULO, the armed insurgence group in Southern Thailand, lives in Gothenburg, Sweden, don't you?

suspec2t.jpg

Swedish???

What did the USA ever do against Sweden?

The US is trying to close down the Pirate Bay! And tried to interfere in Swedish politics to accomplish that. Pissed of some Swedes I am sure.

W

"Pissed on some Swedes"?, isn't that how you make Chang beer?

Oh sorry I misread it, thought we had strayed off subject.

Army chief urges public not to panic over terror threat alert

Meanwhile, Foreign Affairs Minister Surapong Towijakchaikul on Saturday said in an interview that he was disappointed by the embassies of the United States, Canada and Australia to have issued a terrorist threat warning in Thailand without consulting the ministry, for such alerts affect the country.

Mr Surapong noted Thailand is a friendly country and expresses itself in the world's arena in an appropriate manner. He asked potential terrorists not to pose any threat to the country, for the world needs peace and Thailand is a Buddhist country that maintains peace as well.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-01-14

Yes, Mr. Surapong, because if left to you to make the announcement, we would probably hear something like this: "There be not nice poeple in Thailand. Everybody, especially falangs, please watch out for them. If you see not nice people, tell them 'Please be nice. Thailand is a nice country with nice people. Thank you'." And then give them a kitten and some kanom and everybody smiles.

I think you will find it that there is very little need to fake a passport from Sweden.

You do know that one of the leaders of PULO, the armed insurgence group in Southern Thailand, lives in Gothenburg, Sweden, don't you?

You may know this is political and supported by Thailand. They thought here terror would stop when they're not issuing an arrest warrant.

This can't be compared with the ongoing case. Please, someone show me the money trail and you shall find the truth. This is something that can't be hidden and nobody's coming forward with it. It's pretty obvious that these are are not clear procedures.

The truth shall set you free.

The reason the US, UK, etc authorities issue these so called warnings, is to cover their ars*s, the Thais don't need to do that, 'cause they don't have suing culture here. That's why I love it, if you trip on the pavement (sidewalk) here you weren't watching where you were going.

What planet are you on?! A 73 year old man is in prison for 15 days because he repeated what his long-dead son said 20 years ago about the end of days. OK... so he was off a bit... but he got sued... and sent to jail... and he's 73! Because some morons believed him!

This isn't a suing culture?! Holy crap... every day one politician is suing another because he doesn't like his tie. And then the other guy didn't like the fact that the first guy didn't like his tie, so he sues him back. And then...

Seriously?! Any half-sensible judge would say get the f--- out of my courtroom and settle this with a slapfight like 2 little schoolgirls. But since this is the land of smiles, they'd have a tickle fight... and eat sugary food at the same time.

I'm on "The List" at the America Embassey and have yet to receive my "warning". Chalerm should just assign his sons to find the outstanding suspects. I agree the most worrying statement of this new mess is the fact that the police have everything under control.

got my warning

Police chief says detained Lebanese man admits planning attack in Bangkok but aborted, no fertiliser for bombmaking found; will be deported without charge /MCOT

This is the diplomatic solution to hide the pay-masters? I think the action was called off by the fear mongers who are behind it.

Pattaya is mentioned. I also find i hard to figure out why go after US and Israeli embasies in Thailand. If there was a link to the ongoing situation in the south yes, but this? To me it looks like overreaction. But better react a bit too much one time too many then the alternative.

From how this is explained I very much doubt there was or is a immediate threat from any swede/lebanese. So stay alert like you always should in a city environment, but panic? No need...

Police chief says detained Lebanese man admits planning attack in Bangkok but aborted, no fertiliser for bombmaking found; will be deported without charge /MCOT

This is the diplomatic solution to hide the pay-masters? I think the action was called off by the fear mongers who are behind it.

Are you speaking in Ron Paul code? Translation please ...

Pattaya is mentioned. I also find i hard to figure out why go after US and Israeli embasies in Thailand. If there was a link to the ongoing situation in the south yes, but this? To me it looks like overreaction. But better react a bit too much one time too many then the alternative.

From how this is explained I very much doubt there was or is a immediate threat from any swede/lebanese. So stay alert like you always should in a city environment, but panic? No need...

Not related to the south or anything to do with INTERNAL Thai conflicts. Related to Iran's beef with Israel and the US and Thailand having lots of soft targets. Thailand is also a place that is relatively freewheeling with lots of tourists and expats from enemies of Israel and the US, so there is the opportunity for terror cells to organize here over time. Evidence of that, the mastermind of the terror attack on a soft target in Bali was based in ... Thailand. If these guys do act here (as they have in the past against the Israeli embassy) it has NOTHING to with aggression towards Thailand or internal Thai conflicts. It represents conflicts external to Thailand using Thailand as a stage. And a good stage it is as it has become quite a visible country in recent years internationally. Edited by Jingthing

Are you speaking in Ron Paul code? Translation please ...

no fertiliser for bombmaking found: just take anything that comes out of Chalerm's mouth

Ron Paul code: yes please help... does anyone speak Idiot?

Not related to the south or anything to do with INTERNAL Thai conflicts. Related to Iran's beef with Israel and the US and Thailand having lots of soft targets.

They just came here for what rest come for but told their wives and friends about bombs.

How do known its has to do with Iran are you a Iranian spy? Maybe

Edited by harryfrompattaya
  • Like 1

So planning to carry out major crimes isn't a fellony here?

Amazing.

Not related to the south or anything to do with INTERNAL Thai conflicts. Related to Iran's beef with Israel and the US and Thailand having lots of soft targets.

They just came here for what rest come for but told their wives and friends about bombs.

How do known its has to do with Iran are you a Iranian spy? Maybe

He is a pro-war interventionalist, everything is always connected to Iran some how.

• Like 1

Remember the same kind of people said Bangkok, would not flood. There only concern is loss of money from tourism. Lives mean nothing!

The important parts of Bangkok were indeed well-protected. They are very concerned about money from all sources, not just tourism.

And of course lives (of unimportant people) mean nothing, who ever said they did?

And with the high level of cooperation between Thailand's intelligence/security apparatus and those of US and Israel, I'm sure the tag-and-release is intentional.