Chalerm Denies Threat Of Terror: Thailand

webfact

Thailand isn't the USA. 'Thailand' doesn't think the way the 'USA' thinks. That doesn't make 'Thailand' or its authorities stupid. Is that so difficult to understand?

Thailand 's authorities are not described as "stupid" because they don't think the way the USA thinks. They are described as stupid because they behave stupidly.

They release a suspect who has ( if reports are true, and this is, of course, not guaranteed) apparently admitted to planning to detonate an explosive device as an act of terrorism. It is hard to imagine a responsible world state where conspiracy to commit terrorist atrocities is not a crime.

If it is not a crime in Thailand then the authorities are "stupid".

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one suspect in custody admits to being involved in a bombing plot, according to the media reports posted above, and the Thais are going to deport him without any charge??? Really???

Technically, he needed a work permit.

• Like 1

Thailand isn't the USA. 'Thailand' doesn't think the way the 'USA' thinks. That doesn't make 'Thailand' or its authorities stupid. Is that so difficult to understand?

Thailand 's authorities are not described as "stupid" because they don't think the way the USA thinks. They are described as stupid because they behave stupidly.

They release a suspect who has ( if reports are true, and this is, of course, not guaranteed) apparently admitted to planning to detonate an explosive device as an act of terrorism. It is hard to imagine a responsible world state where conspiracy to commit terrorist atrocities is not a crime.

Blame this on the poor quality of reporting and lost in translation errors in these articles. That would be the most logical conclusion.

The one suspect in custody admits to being involved in a bombing plot, according to the media reports posted above, and the Thais are going to deport him without any charge??? Really???

Technically, he paid some money.

"The police will take care of the situation and everything will be under control"

Assurances such as this are in the same category as Herbert Hoover's assurance that "prosperity is just around the corner."

Some time back, I was having coffee with a Thai nurse who mentioned that certain areas of Bangkok were mentioned as possible

areas where terrorists might strike. I countered by telling her the latest conciliatory reports from the Thai government. She didn't even

look up from her coffee cup but simply said: "and you believed them???" giggle.gif

Or you can go to somewhere peaceful and remember, you can, the people in Gaza don't have these choices

Maybe I got my history wrong but wasn't it a Palestinian that stole Moses staff as he was wondering through the desert? Oh yeah, Palestinians didn't exist back when the Jews were in those areas.

Or you can go to somewhere peaceful and remember, you can, the people in Gaza don't have these choices

Maybe I got my history wrong but wasn't it a Palestinian that stole Moses staff as he was wondering through the desert? Oh yeah, Palestinians didn't exist back when the Jews were in those areas.

Next you are going to say that Aztecs and Mexicans are the same thing.

Reuters report below (in full version) mentions that TNN reporting that security has been heightened in Chiang Mai and Phuket...

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai authorities have beefed up security in parts of the capital and other areas popular with tourists after the United States and Israel warned of a possible terrorist attack.

The army was helping the police in providing security, army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha told reporters on Saturday. "People must be on alert and report anything suspicious," he said.

National Security Council secretary-general General Vichien Potphosri said special measures had been put in place in risk areas including Khao San Road, an area popular with backpackers, and parts of the main Sukhumvit road.

MORE:

http://thestar.com.m...ec=reutersworld

Not surprised. There are Jewish targets in both Chiang Mai and Phuket.

so WHAT are the Jewish TARGETS in Phuket?

The only jewish thing I know here is a place called family restaurant with a very kind jewish owner....the whole story is a made

up by the US and Israel government like so many others since 2001...

I personally hope the israelis stay away here anyway....met only not so nice people from there, to say it in a nice way.jap.gif

+++++++++++++++++

I belive in the elves and dwarfs happy land

Believe me, there are some Jewish targets there. Not going to point them out. I'm sure Hezbollah would have no problem locating them as well. You don't like Israeli people, eh? Why am I not surprised? Cheers. Edited by Jingthing

It doesn't make them brilliant either. Easy to understand? Edited by Jingthing

What are you on about mate? Seems you like to follow me around and chime in on every post I make. No idea what your point is about aztects and mexicans but I am talking about jews. Moses was a jew and Israel is a newly formed jewish state (the only one that exists in modern time)

What are you on about mate? Seems you like to follow me around and chime in on every post I make. No idea what your point is about aztects and mexicans but I am talking about jews. Moses was a jew and Israel is a newly formed jewish state (the only one that exists in modern time)

You claim that the person that stole the staff was a Palestinian and then make a swipe at those that, rightfully, point out that people living there hundreds of years ago wasn't Palestinians.

Ps. I'm not sure what your jibe at 'following' you around the forum and posting replies to you is about. I can honestly not even remember that any previous post I posted was directed towards you. The ego is inflated me thinks. I respond to anyone that posts things that are incorrect, no-matter group-allegiance or user-name. Ds.

Edited by TAWP

Ahh.... no problem to be a foreign terrorist inside Thailand... But you'd better be danged sure that you get a work permit for your profession. Otherwise, you're in violation of our immigration laws... Can't even be a volunteer terrorist without a work permit... That's the interpretation of the rules... Now it makes more sense... blink.png

• Like 1

Let me throw an interesting side question onto the table...

When this thing first erupted yesterday, before the Israel target angle was known, a lot of folks were speculating that tourist places like Nana, Cowboy and/or Patpong might be potential targets... And that set me to thinking...

While I'm no bar scene expert, I always read about a large group of Soi Cowboy bars being owned/run by the "Arab Group." And when I did a bit of Googling last night, I saw one reference to some Iranian individual being behind that whole thing, whatever it is....

So I was just wondering, does anyone know what exactly the "Arab Group" behind Soi Cowboy is.... And if there's an Iranian connection there (unless I suppose it happened to be an Iranian Jew), then one might assume that Cowboy would be off-limits as targets to any clued-in Iran-Lebanon-Hezbollah types.

Thoughts? Facts? Opinions?

On what grounds are they going to kick him out of the country - if nothing he did violated any laws?

I'd imagine that planning a terrorist bombing attack, as he's reportedly admitted doing, has got to violate some criminal law somewhere in the Kingdom... [The authorities seem to have no problem prosecuting various terrorist types in the South.]

But that aside, the guy in custody was carrying a Swedish passport... And while there's been little facts explained about that, if I were a guessing type, I'd guess there's something fishy about that.

On what grounds are they going to kick him out of the country - if nothing he did violated any laws?

I'd imagine that planning a terrorist bombing attack, as he's reportedly admitted doing, has got to violate some criminal law somewhere in the Kingdom... [The authorities seem to have no problem prosecuting various terrorist types in the South.]

But that aside, the guy in custody was carrying a Swedish passport... And while there's been little facts explained about that, if I were a guessing type, I'd guess there's something fishy about that.

"I'd imagine that planning a terrorist bombing attack, as he's reportedly admitted doing, has got to violate some criminal law somewhere in the Kingdom... [The authorities seem to have no problem prosecuting various terrorist types in the South.]"

I believe there is a certain political party that condones this type behavior. In fact they have just set aside special funding to bail their criminals out. Kinda makes you go hmmmm.

Edited by FOODLOVER

Either he committed a crime and should be kicked out after the sentence is carried out, or he is a wanted man (he wasn't) and should be extradited to the nation that wants him or he should be let go.

To pick someone up and kick them out without due cause it basically guarantees that further down the line someone innocent will be handled in the same fashion.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I prefer when law and order dictates outcomes, not knee-jerk reactions nor arbitrary decisions.

Let me check ... yes. Conspiracy to commit terrorism?

post-37101-0-58906200-1326550215_thumb.j

It is already quoted that he carried out no crimes here - which leaves me to question why 'conspiracy to commit...' or 'planning to...' doesn't exist as a charge here - so that clearly isn't the legal reason.

Don't forget about letting a convicted criminal leave the country with passport and suitcases full of cash to go see the Olympics, never to return. Seems pretty stupid to me.

If the authorities are so 'stupid' here and unable to protect you from 'terrorists' and actually put your life in danger then why choose this place to live here? That sounds rather stupid to me.

"I'd imagine that planning a terrorist bombing attack, as he's reportedly admitted doing, has got to violate some criminal law somewhere in the Kingdom... [The authorities seem to have no problem prosecuting various terrorist types in the South.]"

I believe there is a certain political party that condones this type behavior. In fact they have just set aside special funding to bail their criminals out. Kinda makes you go hmmmm.

Please lay off the Thaksin coolaid, it's hurting your brain, but at least showing you in your true colours.

I am sorry if you don't get it. This isn't about Thailand.

No, you don't get it. Iran would have no reason to sanction an attack within Thailand because there would be no reason for them to strain Thai-Iranian relations.

Has it occurred to you that terrorists rarely broadcast their intent or their nationality when planning or caring out an attack? Had any attack taken place I doubt that Ahmadinejad would have been on the tube taking credit for it.

Also, if these suspected "terrorists" are state-sponsored, I would think that Thai-Iranian relations are in the toilet anyway.

Seems to me that intention to commit a crime is a crime right? Or does that not hold water in Thailand?

Probably the most idiotic thing I have read on TV. Well, today anyway.

Well, I trust the Thai authorities that there is no threat and no danger of a a terrorist attack. And i enjoy my life in Thailand here.

If you rather believe the alarmist message from the US embassy and all this speculation which beer bar area the 'terrorist' will blow up and the Thai authorities are stupid and unable to protect you. ... so if that all would be true than it would be idiotic to risk your life and stay here.

But of course you can always stay indoors and bash Thailand. Such a smart thing to do.

.Enjoy the lessons you have learned about the war - and fear mongers. As I mentioned in the other related thread somewhere in the first pages, "it wont work out, Thailand's not easily manipulated".

Now, tons of ink and thousands of hours of airtime wasted, mainly by MSM, should raise your eyebrows.

What's next?

Iran is under severe political and economic stress right now, internally and externally. There is a major power struggle going on between different factions, clerical leaders vs. the so called elected leaders. Also don't assume these factions are the most rational of players. No I honestly don't know for sure whether an Iranian faction is behind this Thailand terror plan, but based on recent current events, it seems probable. Similarly, I don't know for sure what country is behind the recent murder of the Iranian nuclear scientist, but it seems Israel would be the most probable. Some may say 100 percent, but there are some factions in Iran wanting to whip up war, so for all we know he wasn't important and could have been used as a pawn to blame Israel and the US.

Edited by Jingthing