(Wedding) Party Costs - Could Someone Comment On My Estimates

bangkokburning

Dec 2012 will be three years and while I told my gf it had to be four before I would consider marriage, I think it's time.

Her family is in BKK, she was born in BKK but relatives from Issan - both sides.

Party will be in Sisaket.

>> Can I reduce any of these estimates? Especially the food @ 300B per sitting? I am further and especially clueless the tables, tarp and a bit of flowers and styrofoam nonsense.

I want to limit the party to US2K, 2.5K maximum (60-75K THB). There will be additional costs than those listed below. I will post those to ladies forum.

72 people at 9 tables.

Food for 85 people @ B300ea 25,500

Nine tables/Chairs 9,000

Tarp for guests 5,000

Wat donation (8 monks) 4,000

15 bottles Blend 3,000

2 bottles premium liquor 2,000

Flowers/decoration 3,000

Soft drinks + ice 1,000

Photograher/s Free

Mom's planning/travel money 5,000

Dinner evening before (pax25) 7,500

2 bottles premium liquor 2,000

*Petrol BKK-Sisaket-BKK 1,250

THANKS!!

Edited by bangkokburning

The tables and chairs seem expensive to me.

Most places in Thailand you can borrow them from a local school or temple for nothing.

As you are already giving 4000bht to a temple, I would ask them for the loan of tables and chairs at no additional charge.

Dinner the evening before, hire a local 'moo-ga-ta' (หมูกะทะ) all you can eat restaurant, about 100-150bht a guest and all the Thais love going to them.

Forget premium drinks, everyone just wants to get drunk as quickly as possible, cheap and plenty works best.

Have you thought of hiring a few elephants?

That always goes down well at a wedding!

What is a tarp for guests?

Edited by ludditeman

When my step-son married 2 years ago, in Rayong, the cost of the food, drink and entertainment was about 30,000 to 40,000 baht for about 150 people; not sure of the exact amount as his bride's parents paid for that.

He paid for the flowers, gifts to guests etc, which came to about 10,000.

The wife reckons that in Bangkok it will probably be about 1.5 times that.

Tarp is covering the place where the party will be (outside). Seems like every wedding I have been to or seen has one (?).

OK so I can plan on B150 pax for the dinner. It's only two liters and the dinner before is for close family. Maybe will double up and go w/ 100 Pipers.

Ludditeman - that is a great idea but I fear I must budget it as someone will have to deliver, set up and take down as well as go/come. I have no way to control how to get these tables so I have to defer to mom and pay out on this one although I will enquire. THX!

Elephants, no. Want to keep it short and sweet. This is really for mom to recoup from payng all years to others weddings and of course for my gf. I am not keen on paying for lunch for 50 strangers I will never see again. Especially villagers and cops if included. The other 25 are OK, family. Aunts/Uncles. I have met many already.

• 2 weeks later...

Your figures look pretty good but trust me put aside another 20000Bt for more alcohol and food for guest that have travelled and for others that will stay up and drink continueously as it is free flowing from the new falang son. We stockpiled ours in the spare room and still went back into town for more supplies as we had people stay for 3 days . Well worth it and looks good to all the guest and reletives get a good idea of your generousity.