Nakhon Sawan Chinese New Year

nong38

The giant capapult hordes have driven from the scene! I watched a couple being propelled into the heavens last night, why anyone would want to do this is beyond me!

Yesterday it was too much for one "rider"? If reports are to be believed went into shock and ended up hospital!

Parking is desperate as you might expect and today everyone is shopping like mad, tomorrow as well, then stay off the roads for a few days until the fluid levels in the head have returned to a more normal level.

Personally I will stick to English Breakfast Tea ( Crabtree and Evelyn) , you dont get that up KPP do you? Well I will stick with that until, oh its past mid day, time to get the G and T's out!

Your welcome O/G best of luck. Keep us posted how you get on.

Dave regard's Crabtree & Evelyn tea are you sure you have to put at least 5 tea bag's in one cup to make a descent brew. You'll be telling us next that it's that it's ginger flavoured or some other flowery type rubbish. I think it's the stuff that they use in that fish and chip place opposite the pier at Clacton last time I was there they had those heat proof cup's and you could see the bottom through the so called tea, went well with the bap "Very soft" roll's all very 60's. I of course have the top tea Sainsbury's red label some 9 pack's of 480 tea bag's in each of them. Go's well with my Frank Cooper's Vintage Oxford Marmalade, not to mention the Marmite on toast "Proper bread not aro crap.

Had a G&T last night and with the Schweppes Indian tonic delish went down a treat. There I was sitting on my large Granite veranda breathing in the clean cooling air, the light's shimmering Glinting as they shone through the fountain and waterfall that are adjacent to our enormous Lido, the Dolphins frolicking, I bet you can visualise me now holding my Crystal cut glass my little pinky sticking out I really did looked the part. How us Landed Gentry live A.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The giant capapult hordes have driven from the scene! I watched a couple being propelled into the heavens last night, why anyone would want to do this is beyond me!

Yesterday it was too much for one "rider"? If reports are to be believed went into shock and ended up hospital!

Parking is desperate as you might expect and today everyone is shopping like mad, tomorrow as well, then stay off the roads for a few days until the fluid levels in the head have returned to a more normal level.

Personally I will stick to English Breakfast Tea ( Crabtree and Evelyn) , you dont get that up KPP do you? Well I will stick with that until, oh its past mid day, time to get the G and T's out!

Dave regard's Crabtree & Evelyn tea are you sure you have to put at least 5 tea bag's in one cup to make a descent brew. You'll be telling us next that it's that it's ginger flavoured or some other flowery type rubbish. I think it's the stuff that they use in that fish and chip place opposite the pier at Clacton last time I was there they had those heat proof cup's and you could see the bottom through the so called tea, went well with the bap "Very soft" roll's all very 60's. I of course have the top tea Sainsbury's red label some 9 pack's of 480 tea bag's in each of them. Go's well with my Frank Cooper's Vintage Oxford Marmalade, not to mention the Marmite on toast "Proper bread not aro crap.

Had a G&T last night and with the Schweppes Indian tonic delish went down a treat. There I was sitting on my large Granite veranda breathing in the clean cooling air, the light's shimmering Glinting as they shone through the fountain and waterfall that are adjacent to our enormous Lido, the Dolphins frolicking, I bet you can visualise me now holding my Crystal cut glass my little pinky sticking out I really did looked the part. How us Landed Gentry live A.

I imagine the local wildlife were eyeing you up in case you fell asleep, thinking "that looks tasty farang for supper"

Sainsbury's red label and you have to put 9 packs in each cup! Good god man what about the water!

Personally I have Waitrose premium gold, if we have visitors they get PG tips.

on the 22nd I understand that all fans in N/S are being turned true north to blow all the black stuff back to KPP, so you have advance warning not to go on your Granite verands, unless of course accompamied by a nurse, both with N/S approved gas masks now available at your local KPP big shopping centre otherwise known as 7-11.

I imagine the local wildlife were eyeing you up in case you fell asleep, thinking "that looks tasty farang for supper"

Sainsbury's red label and you have to put 9 packs in each cup! Good god man what about the water!

Personally I have Waitrose premium gold, if we have visitors they get PG tips.

on the 22nd I understand that all fans in N/S are being turned true north to blow all the black stuff back to KPP, so you have advance warning not to go on your Granite verands, unless of course accompamied by a nurse, both with N/S approved gas masks now available at your local KPP big shopping centre otherwise known as 7-11.

Thank's for the tip about the super store's 7/11. Have heard about them but I do believe they are a bit thin on the ground in Thailand. PG tip's A. I was in P/Lok the other day Topp's super market had them 40 for 200bt EEEEEK

I don't have problem's with the wild life the security guard's on the estate take care of them. As well as the begging peep's from N/S asking me to put a good word in so they can get their one day K.P.P visa pass.

Woken up this morning with fireworks at 6am, must have thought it was news years eve night! Then I saw this old bus and it all was revealed. "KPP Popular Peoples Front- Day out to Nakhon Sawan" Not a watch between them! How they found their way here is a mystery to all. The local BIB confiscated the bus, after dropping them on route 1 and told not to come back again! With that they had to walk home, so look out for what might appear a pilgrimage heading north do all your buses run on sugar cane? The smoke has now cleared and festivities recommence after the lunch interval.

Woken up this morning with fireworks at 6am, must have thought it was news years eve night! Then I saw this old bus and it all was revealed. "KPP Popular Peoples Front- Day out to Nakhon Sawan" Not a watch between them! How they found their way here is a mystery to all. The local BIB confiscated the bus, after dropping them on route 1 and told not to come back again! With that they had to walk home, so look out for what might appear a pilgrimage heading north do all your buses run on sugar cane? The smoke has now cleared and festivities recommence after the lunch interval.

Sorry for the delayed reply seem's TV went down Their system might have got choked by the extra fume's in N/S "allegedly"

But that wasn't the main reason, I got back late from the Sunday morning hunt don't you know. Had a good day got 6 of the blighters trying to sneak into K.P.P thought we wouldn't notice with all the turmoil going on 100+ km away. They are still being questioned update later.

Now what's all this Popular peep's front from K.P.P never heard of such a group utter twaddle. Me think's Dave you are making it up as you go along. Petrol Pork not getting to you by any chance.

Got to go now as just have time to shower and Jodhpur up then orrf to the Polo field in time for the first Chukker.

Well tonight its the big one, I will be staying in, had enough rice pudding for one week.

Visibilty 20+ miles although reports of a huge blanket of SMOG about 80 miles north some say its sweet smelling death others its another explosion at the Chang Atomic Beer Works, either way best stay in NS and be safe.

Usual ritual deep breathing club at all petrol stations cancelled today.

Hoppy New Year to everyone, especially those with a botlle in hand.

Well tonight its the big one, I will be staying in, had enough rice pudding for one week.

Visibilty 20+ miles although reports of a huge blanket of SMOG about 80 miles north some say its sweet smelling death others its another explosion at the Chang Atomic Beer Works, either way best stay in NS and be safe.

Glad to hear if not "SEE" you had a good time. Visibility 20 mile's surely you mean 20 meter's that's on a good day less at night. So it's all over by the shouting for yet another year A. Well done for going in the first place. It might be the Chang beer work's that you can see as their only some 40 mile's north of you. 60+ mile's north is K.P.P and all is ok here.

Update on the peep's we got during the Hunt yesterday seem's they came from down south not been able to ascertain exact location due to their persistent coughing and muttering's of No comment. We have an idea though as they seem to have the wheezing N/S accent.

Glad to hear if not "SEE" you had a good time. Visibility 20 mile's surely you mean 20 meter's that's on a good day less at night. So it's all over by the shouting for yet another year A. Well done for going in the first place. It might be the Chang beer work's that you can see as their only some 40 mile's north of you. 60+ mile's north is K.P.P and all is ok here.

Update on the peep's we got during the Hunt yesterday seem's they came from down south not been able to ascertain exact location due to their persistent coughing and muttering's of No comment. We have an idea though as they seem to have the wheezing N/S accent.

Seems like we might have to exchange tresspassers at the border again usual thing and a bit more business for the transports of delight to ferry peeps back and forth.

Been up the crows nest and visibility is definetly 20 + miles, south, east and west but north is down to about 10, huge plumes of smoke drifting south what are the natives up there doing? You dont have cannibals up there by any chance, cooking up some new noodle broth complete with the ever popular sugar cane debris?

Seems like we might have to exchange tresspassers at the border again usual thing and a bit more business for the transports of delight to ferry peeps back and forth.

Been up the crows nest and visibility is definetly 20 + miles, south, east and west but north is down to about 10, huge plumes of smoke drifting south what are the natives up there doing? You dont have cannibals up there by any chance, cooking up some new noodle broth complete with the ever popular sugar cane debris?

Now let get this right are you admitting that the 6 peep's we have locked up are some of your mob, and you want to do an exchange. Exchange for what as it's as sure as egg's are egg's that you wont have any of our upmarket peep's there not unless you have snaffled some on the bypass yet again. N/S is a bit like North Korea how many time's have you heard of any one trying to sneak into that place. Your head man's not fat and named UN by any chance.

I have got the local builder's in at the moment doing a good job so far, having a new cesspit put in, the way they are going I think they are trying to dig a hole through to N/S might have to have an armed guard stand over it tonight just in case.

Edited by fredob43

What a waste of bloody time! We left our village at 8.30 am and toodled in to N/S at about 10.15am stopping for a quick slash on the way.....well you did say a full report.I expected to see an assortment of bands,polystyrene rabbits and dragons wending their way down N/S High St. to the raptuous applause of all and sundry but what did I see? Bugger all activity.Don't you N/S- ites get up in the morning?

Having been told that nothing will happen until dark ( presumably when the locals feast on the blood of virgins....no chance with my party I'm afraid.......when took a drive to Beung Boraphet.On the way we saw the effects of the recent floods,unbelievable.The aquarium was a pleasant surprise,millions of kids flying around and pointing at us Toffs from the North.We can't help it,we're just special people.By 2.00 pm we were back in t' smoke and settling down to a very nice pasta bacon cheese bake.....when it finally turned up,that is....in the Chino's Hotel.

We then made our way to the riverside where we spotted the rehearsals to a forthcoming concert.If the practice is anything like the real thing,your'e in for a real cackle. The missus bought a pair of shoes ( that goes without saying,ofcourse) before we finally had enough and,with a sigh of relief,left the City of the Damned and headed back to civilisation.

You see what you old folks from up country dont understand is that Nakhon Sawan ( The metropolis) is a young peoples place, lots of things happening, flashing lights, yes like the ones on the road at Big C, you probably have them as well now instead of the men with flags. Although I have never been to KPP I am told by travellers its for old timers and ex colonials who cant understand why they cant give servants their freedom anymore. Time warp best sums up KPP, like Walton on the Naze but the dead end of it, whereas Nakhon Sawan is all hustle and bustle, fun and laughter and for those of you who dont know Petula Clark sang "Downtown" in and about Nakhon Sawan so next time you hear it or see just take it all in. Yes there no place like Nakhon Sawan, home of the superstarintheclub.gif

PS did they charge you double at BBP?

Edited by nong38

What a waste of bloody time! We left our village at 8.30 am and toodled in to N/S at about 10.15am stopping for a quick slash on the way.....well you did say a full report.I expected to see an assortment of bands,polystyrene rabbits and dragons wending their way down N/S High St. to the raptuous applause of all and sundry but what did I see? Bugger all activity.Don't you N/S- ites get up in the morning?

Having been told that nothing will happen until dark ( presumably when the locals feast on the blood of virgins....no chance with my party I'm afraid.......when took a drive to Beung Boraphet.On the way we saw the effects of the recent floods,unbelievable.The aquarium was a pleasant surprise,millions of kids flying around and pointing at us Toffs from the North.We can't help it,we're just special people.By 2.00 pm we were back in t' smoke and settling down to a very nice pasta bacon cheese bake.....when it finally turned up,that is....in the Chino's Hotel.

We then made our way to the riverside where we spotted the rehearsals to a forthcoming concert.If the practice is anything like the real thing,your'e in for a real cackle. The missus bought a pair of shoes ( that goes without saying,ofcourse) before we finally had enough and,with a sigh of relief,left the City of the Damned and headed back to civilisation.

Time now nearly 6.30pm I see that the N/S peep's have not put a post in, all be it just to apologise, now am I surprised well NO.

Look's like one of them has come out of the wood work as I tap but still no apology I see.

Sorry to hear O/G that your experience there was pore to say the least, but you should know by now that all is not well in Cough, Cough, Wheeze, Wheeze N/S.

So if you have the misfortune to live there you have to try and kid yourself as well as us Upper Crust's it's great. Well you caught them out big time. I did try to advise you but at least you got a half decent Pasta bake, long way to go for it though A.

Next time you travel down the 1 going south just before the city of the damned AKA N/S, there's a turning orrf to the right it's sign posted bypass BKK My advice is to get on it sharpish, will save you a lot of problem's.

N/B have had a word with the right peep's here and as your injection's are up to date your welcome to come to one of our coffee morning's anytime. That's of course if you don't come out in spot's & boil's in the mean time.

T.T.A.K.P.Phet

Coffee Mornings! There you go again, how do you lot get mixed up with the womens institute, NS is for men, I saw Charles Atlas on the beach last week, kicked sand in his face, trying to sell brochures for KPP with his body building stuff, cheeky or what!

Now Fred I am off out into the afterglow know for some bevys, so as its past your bed time I wont keep you any longer, take an extra Tiger up with you and dream of the end on the festivites

You see what you old folks from up country dont understand is that Nakhon Sawan ( The metropolis) is a young peoples place, lots of things happening, flashing lights, yes like the ones on the road at Big C, you probably have them as well now instead of the men with flags. Although I have never been I am told by travellers its for old timers and ex colonials who cant understand why they cant give servants their freedom anymore. Time warp best sums up KPP, like Walton on the Naze but the dead end of it, whereas Nakhon Sawan is all hustle and bustle, fun and laughter and for those of you who dont know Petula Clark sang "Downtown" in and about Nakhon Sawan so next time you hear it or see just take it all in. Yes there no place like Nakhon Sawan, home of the superstarintheclub.gif

Having read your post several time's I still cant see the bit were it say's sorry O/G for wasting your time let alone Cash for fuel to travel there on a wild goose chase to see the sight's. I did see a bit about light's outside Big C but unless you were within 20 feet of them they would have been obliterated by the dust ect.

I think that the bit about Pet Clark had a bit of poetic license about it, Down town well I never where do you get it all from, Dank town hit's the nail me think's

I go on to read it's for young peep's I make you right there, all the old one's read over 30 are dead or dying from the fume's. Just had a PM from O/G and he's had to cry orrrf from tomorrow's coffee morning seem the spot's have already started to appear, Top Doc on his way O/G get well soon.

T.T.A.K.P.Phet.

N/B I see that it's catching the dodgy food there that is Exeter has put a post in in another topic and he seem's to be suffering with illusion's too. I will of course reply but it will have to be later as I'm just going to watch the chef program on ITV.

You really should give up those Thais soaps, thye will get you hooked and before you know it you will have missed the 122 turn off!!!

Welcome to the peoples republic and good night

Me think's you have been in that place to long ITV is an English program Granada TV don't you know,. Please don't tell me you cant even get that there on the 3,000bt a year for 80 channels local cable TV that we have in K.P.Phet. Time to move maybe???

Coffee Mornings! There you go again, how do you lot get mixed up with the womens institute, NS is for men, I saw Charles Atlas on the beach last week, kicked sand in his face, trying to sell brochures for KPP with his body building stuff, cheeky or what!

Now Fred I am off out into the afterglow know for some bevys, so as its past your bed time I wont keep you any longer, take an extra Tiger up with you and dream of the end on the festivites

Just a quick one as I have better thing's to do. Re coffee morning's they are called that so the general Riff Raff from out of state won't want to attend, they are held twice a week at one of the local 5* hotel's we have here. N/B to pricey for you lot. They enable us the member's from the Hunt as well as the Polo club to catch up on forthcoming event's. The Bar is of course open, that's were we first meet up for the usual convivial banter. There is also a buffet the normal thing's well for us upper crust that is, smoked Salmon, Gravadlax, Caviar, It's also a MEN only thing. Please don't think you N/S Peep's will be aloud to attend 1 you have to be a member or have at least been recommend by one. 2 you have to know the secrete hand shake. 3 not smell of traffic fume's so that's you lot out,

T.T.A.K.P.Phet.

You see what you old folks from up country dont understand is that Nakhon Sawan ( The metropolis) is a young peoples place, lots of things happening, flashing lights, yes like the ones on the road at Big C, you probably have them as well now instead of the men with flags. Although I have never been to KPP I am told by travellers its for old timers and ex colonials who cant understand why they cant give servants their freedom anymore. Time warp best sums up KPP, like Walton on the Naze but the dead end of it, whereas Nakhon Sawan is all hustle and bustle, fun and laughter and for those of you who dont know Petula Clark sang "Downtown" in and about Nakhon Sawan so next time you hear it or see just take it all in. Yes there no place like Nakhon Sawan, home of the superstarintheclub.gif

You talk about N/S being a' young people place' and then you blow your cover but rambling on about Petula Clark.Blimey,I'm getting on,Nong old chap, but you must be ancient!

Time now nearly 6.30pm I see that the N/S peep's have not put a post in, all be it just to apologise, now am I surprised well NO.

Look's like one of them has come out of the wood work as I tap but still no apology I see.

Sorry to hear O/G that your experience there was pore to say the least, but you should know by now that all is not well in Cough, Cough, Wheeze, Wheeze N/S.

So if you have the misfortune to live there you have to try and kid yourself as well as us Upper Crust's it's great. Well you caught them out big time. I did try to advise you but at least you got a half decent Pasta bake, long way to go for it though A.

Next time you travel down the 1 going south just before the city of the damned AKA N/S, there's a turning orrf to the right it's sign posted bypass BKK My advice is to get on it sharpish, will save you a lot of problem's.

N/B have had a word with the right peep's here and as your injection's are up to date your welcome to come to one of our coffee morning's anytime. That's of course if you don't come out in spot's & boil's in the mean time.

T.T.A.K.P.Phet

It was a close run thing,Fred,but the boils are disappearing although the emotional scars will be with me for life.Even the missus had to be resusitated.After that,I'll never complain about the condition of the KPP bypass again.Just about ready to leap on my favourite pinto and tally-ho on to the Hunt.Examined every nook and cranny of the car to see if any of those N/S reprobates had smuuggled their way in.If they had,we could have let them loose in the forest and enjoyed a bit of sport.Coffee and crumpets for high tea anyone?

Glad to hear O/G that you are making a good recovery. Not to much I can do about the emotional scar's but now your back with us proper peep's and with lot's of fresh air in your lung's a tough young bird like you will soon sort yourself out. Just remember that you wont ever have to go there again.I can see the rosy tint coming back to your cheek's as I tap.

I know the G/L got a pair of shoe's while you were there, might be a good idea to get them fumigated just in case any of those nasty little N/S bug's/tick's have sneaked their way in, better to be safe than sorry.

Take it easy on Pinto today, if your well enough by Sunday for the next hunt, we are kicking orrrf at 8am as usual. I'm sure you heard we got 6 of the little blighter's last week, not to easy to see them but the Irish Wolf Hound's soon sniffed them out Diesel/Petrol fume's don't you know.

You talk about N/S being a' young people place' and then you blow your cover but rambling on about Petula Clark.Blimey,I'm getting on,Nong old chap, but you must be ancient!

No there you go again I am talking history, you must not confusion history with old age, cor blimey squire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight there is a big pan bashing ceremony and parade the like KPP will never see, you may even hear it, rehearsals have been going on for most of the day, anyone with serious heart complaint should not come down. Not expecting anyone from north of the border where all the geriatrics live, the atmosphere will be too much for them, thats the electric one not the "Les Fumuers" from the combined forces of the NS motoring asssociation ( est 1946).

Pakistan 256-7 Broad and Swann 3 wickets each ( neither would be seen dead in KPP)clap2.gif

Well Dave at last you are referring to us Upper Crust's with the right term To-Wit Squire.

Come on then detail's of the pan bashing and parade what the Buddha is that all about. Please don't tell me you will be going as I will definitely think you have lost it.

As far as the motoring ass: don't have one of those here, the only time my Limo is started is to whisk me orrrf up north.

Going next week by the way Visa run. Only hope they have cleaned it up a bit since some of the N/S peep's were there.

Have to admit Fred, I dont go down for the parade, I tried it the first time I came here, arrived in cavalcade with the 4th Generals regiment!

The parade came so fast I thought time had gone into reverse and everytime the BIB cleared the road and things moved forward all the parents jumped in the road to take more pictures of their off spring! As I had by this time eaten my packed lunch I decided to bail out. So since this introduction to crowd control I have now decided that I am best of dreaming about in bed, surrounded by KPP's finest "CLASSIC"

Hope things are nice and tranquil up there in the colonies, sipping lemonade and supping Earl Grey in the morning and eyeing the Bombay Sapphire for the afternoon tea break, for me today I have to go to Big C for a photo shoot and this afternoon I am giving a talk on the perils of crossing the KPP border to 49th motorized perambulators division at the local army camp, you will miss that if you take the by pass. There is no truth in the rumour that they are planning to absorb KPP into Nakhon Sawan, what is the point! So you can all go back to sleep for a while, cricket starts at 1300 on www.webcric.com and so far putting up a much better show.

Toodle pip!

Edited by nong38

Glad to hear O/G that you are making a good recovery. Not to much I can do about the emotional scar's but now your back with us proper peep's and with lot's of fresh air in your lung's a tough young bird like you will soon sort yourself out. Just remember that you wont ever have to go there again.I can see the rosy tint coming back to your cheek's as I tap.

I know the G/L got a pair of shoe's while you were there, might be a good idea to get them fumigated just in case any of those nasty little N/S bug's/tick's have sneaked their way in, better to be safe than sorry.

Take it easy on Pinto today, if your well enough by Sunday for the next hunt, we are kicking orrrf at 8am as usual. I'm sure you heard we got 6 of the little blighter's last week, not to easy to see them but the Irish Wolf Hound's soon sniffed them out Diesel/Petrol fume's don't you know.

The shoes! The bloody shoes! I knew I'd forgotten something.Talking about forests,have you noticed there are no trees in N/S,Fred? I looked everywhere.They've got those plastic things in pots in hotel grounds but that's your lot,really.C'mon Dave.Did you chop all the blighters down to pay for all those nice concrete highways? The whole place is ruled by the mighty automobile.You couldn't swing a cat in the areas left for the poor pedestrian.

The shoes! The bloody shoes! I knew I'd forgotten something.Talking about forests,have you noticed there are no trees in N/S,Fred? I looked everywhere.They've got those plastic things in pots in hotel grounds but that's your lot,really.C'mon Dave.Did you chop all the blighters down to pay for all those nice concrete highways? The whole place is ruled by the mighty automobile.You couldn't swing a cat in the areas left for the poor pedestrian.

Sorry to correct you O/G but they do have them tree's that is not many but they are there. If you go down the 1 to the bypass, and wait for it go strait across into N/S yes I know EEEEEK there are some in the middle and also on the left poking up through the plastic litter. The reason you more than likely didn't see them is they are coloured grey, I think from the exhaust fume's, so they blend in with the road, concrete, and the general crud in the air, but there are some. Just in case the N/S mob try to catch us our with a point of order, there are also some on the bypass. If you look past the store's on the right and also on the left a few KM in land there is the odd one or two sticking up through the rice paddies, again not easy to see as they seem to blend in as well. There's a thought what does the rice taste like from there. Don't panic that stuff more than likely go's for export. Well I hope it does.

Master of the K.P.P hunt.

Have to admit Fred, I dont go down for the parade, I tried it the first time I came here, arrived in cavalcade with the 4th Generals regiment!

The parade came so fast I thought time had gone into reverse and everytime the BIB cleared the road and things moved forward all the parents jumped in the road to take more pictures of their off spring! As I had by this time eaten my packed lunch I decided to bail out. So since this introduction to crowd control I have now decided that I am best of dreaming about in bed, surrounded by KPP's finest "CLASSIC"

Hope things are nice and tranquil up there in the colonies, sipping lemonade and supping Earl Grey in the morning and eyeing the Bombay Sapphire for the afternoon tea break, for me today I have to go to Big C for a photo shoot and this afternoon I am giving a talk on the perils of crossing the KPP border to 49th motorized perambulators division at the local army camp, you will miss that if you take the by pass. There is no truth in the rumour that they are planning to absorb KPP into Nakhon Sawan, what is the point! So you can all go back to sleep for a while, cricket starts at 1300 on www.webcric.com and so far putting up a much better show.

Toodle pip!

Well at least you haven't lost the plot completely. Right the Cricket I'm going to try and have a go using your www. bit to see what come's up update on that later.